2018 College Football Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Paperback Writer View Post
    I doubt any of the four programs who left the Big 12 have any regrets.
    I guess you’re right. A team that isn’t competitive in B16 or PAC probably wouldn’t be happy in the Big 12.

Comment

Originally posted by Babs View Post
      I guess you’re right. A team that isn’t competitive in B16 or PAC probably wouldn’t be happy in the Big 12.
      "Discipleship is not a spectator sport. We cannot expect to experience the blessing of faith by standing inactive on the sidelines any more than we can experience the benefits of health by sitting on a sofa watching sporting events on television and giving advice to the athletes. And yet for some, “spectator discipleship” is a preferred if not primary way of worshipping." -Pres. Uchtdorf

Comment

Originally posted by Babs View Post
        You're correct - only difference would be that the teams giving Nebraska a beating would be different. However, I would use the term competitive rather than happy. Even if Nebraska were competitive in the Big 12, they wouldn't have been happy due to Texas. They share that sentiment with Texas A&M.
        “Not the victory but the action. Not the goal but the game. In the deed the glory.”
        "All things are measured against Nebraska." falafel

Comment

Originally posted by Paperback Writer View Post
          You're correct - only difference would be that the teams giving Nebraska a beating would be different. However, I would use the term competitive rather than happy. Even if Nebraska were competitive in the Big 12, they wouldn't have been happy due to Texas. They share that sentiment with Texas A&M.
          Hang in there little brother!
          "There is no creature more arrogant than a self-righteous libertarian on the web, am I right? Those folks are just intolerable."
          "It's no secret that the great American pastime is no longer baseball. Now it's sanctimony." -- Guy Periwinkle, The Nix.
          "Juilliardk N I ibuprofen Hyu I U unhurt u" - creekster

Comment

Old Dominion? Big win for them.
            "What are you prepared to do?" - Jimmy Malone

"What choice?" - Abe Petrovsky

Comment

how can oregon not hold on to the ball
              Te Occidere Possunt Sed Te Edere Non Possunt Nefas Est.

Comment

Oregon just gave up a defensive TD after they were robbed of one by reply. Herbert has had a monster game so far. Now Stanford has life.
                "...you pointy-headed autopsy nerd. Do you think it's possible for you to post without using words like "hilarious," "absurd," "canard," and "truther"? Your bare assertions do not make it so. Maybe your reasoning is too stunted and your vocabulary is too limited to go without these epithets."
                "You are an intemperate, unscientific poster who makes light of very serious matters.”
                - SeattleUte

Comment

Originally posted by Northwestcoug View Post
                  Oregon just gave up a defensive TD after they were robbed of one by reply. Herbert has had a monster game so far. Now Stanford has life.
                  If the pylon is out of bounds then they got it right. Ball was clearly a half yard short of the goal line when his foot hit the pylon. Suddenly this is a game.
                  Prepare to put mustard on those words, for you will soon be consuming them, along with this slice of humble pie that comes direct from the oven of shame set at gas mark “egg on your face”! -- Moss

There are three rules that I live by: never get less than twelve hours sleep; never play cards with a guy who has the same first name as a city; and never get involved with a woman with a tattoo of a dagger on her body. Now you stick to that, and everything else is cream cheese. --Coach Finstock

Comment

Originally posted by Donuthole View Post
                    If the pylon is out of bounds then they got it right. Ball was clearly a half yard short of the goal line when his foot hit the pylon. Suddenly this is a game.
                    Now a similar TD run by Stanford. Complete turnaround.
                    "...you pointy-headed autopsy nerd. Do you think it's possible for you to post without using words like "hilarious," "absurd," "canard," and "truther"? Your bare assertions do not make it so. Maybe your reasoning is too stunted and your vocabulary is too limited to go without these epithets."
                    "You are an intemperate, unscientific poster who makes light of very serious matters.”
                    - SeattleUte

Comment

• And another Oregon TD is coming back.
                      - SeattleUte

Comment

• herbert is unreal

Comment

• Wow
                          - SeattleUte

Comment

• that fumble was insane

Comment

• Epic second half collapse by Oregon. Can they really mentally to win in overtime?

Comment

• Originally posted by Babs View Post
                                That whole leaving the Big 12 thing has worked out so well for so many teams....
                                Screw the Big 12 but I would go back in a second if it meant we could play Oklahoma every year the day after Thanksgiving. Losing that rivalry was the worst casualty of realignment.

Comment

Working...
                                X