No announcement yet.

Fire Ty

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I'm probably in the minority here, but I am okay with Bronco and Anae being gone. Bronco clearly was ready to move on and I don't think Anae has what it takes to be a good HC from a leadership perspective.

I am pretty ticked that BM took everyone but Kaufusi with him. The number of coaches willing to come to BYU, given the financial and institutional constraints, is small, and we let Bronco prance off to C-Ville with most of BYU's potential coaching talent with requisite experience.

Part of the problem we have now is that we're running a spread offense with an OC who doesn't know the spread offense. I like Ty. I believe he can call a good game in his offense, but he, his assistants, and his players all have to work smarter and harder.

Mangum still looks like a deer in the headlights out there. Other than the O-line (and sometimes them as well), the offense looks sloppy.

The staff has established that it loves the kids and the program, and they want to be a family. Now it's time to establish house rules and hold the family members accountable.
    Jesus wants me for a sunbeam.

"Cog dis is a bitch." -James Patterson

Comment

• Originally posted by Jeff Lebowski View Post
      Detmer isn't going anywhere right now because who would you replace him with, right? I agree - midseason firings don't often fix a problem.

But why don't you use the same logic for the QB spot? You don't think Critchlow is the answer and you sill want a QB change? That is ridiculous.
      Roderick.

Comment

Detmer isn't going anywhere right now because who would you replace him with, right? I agree - midseason firings don't often fix a problem.

But why don't you use the same logic for the QB spot? You don't think Critchlow is the answer and you sill want a QB change? That is ridiculous.
        Its a change you can realistically make. I may not think Critchlow is the answer and the coaches may feel the same way, but we KNOW Mangum isnt the answer. You have to try something different- maybe Critchlow surprises. At 1-7 you don't have much to lose if you throw him in there for a half. Especially if you're already losing 21-3.
        I'm like LeBron James.
        -mpfunk

Comment

Yeah let's put that Koy Detmer kid in again. That worked out well.
          Of course you know by now i wasn't referring to Koy.
          I'm like LeBron James.
          -mpfunk

Comment

There is no wisdom at all, other than making fans' egos feel better, in changing OC or QB. We live through the disaster and then likely Ty will be gone in December. My guess is Kalani and much of the staff will follow next December. Perhaps Kalani was the best option but I am leaning towards believing he is just not up to this. The admin, whoever the decision makers are, have a full year to figure out what they want BYU football to be and Kalani can be their fall guy.
            Do Your Damnedest In An Ostentatious Manner All The Time!
            -General George S. Patton

I'm choosing to mostly ignore your fatuity here and instead overwhelm you with so much data that you'll maybe, just maybe, realize that you have reams to read on this subject before you can contribute meaningfully to any conversation on this topic.
            -DOCTOR Wuap

Comment

• Originally posted by Green Monstah View Post
              I'm probably in the minority here, but I am okay with Bronco and Anae being gone. Bronco clearly was ready to move on and I don't think Anae has what it takes to be a good HC from a leadership perspective.

I am pretty ticked that BM took everyone but Kaufusi with him. The number of coaches willing to come to BYU, given the financial and institutional constraints, is small, and we let Bronco prance off to C-Ville with most of BYU's potential coaching talent with requisite experience.

Part of the problem we have now is that we're running a spread offense with an OC who doesn't know the spread offense. I like Ty. I believe he can call a good game in his offense, but he, his assistants, and his players all have to work smarter and harder.

Mangum still looks like a deer in the headlights out there. Other than the O-line (and sometimes them as well), the offense looks sloppy.

The staff has established that it loves the kids and the program, and they want to be a family. Now it's time to establish house rules and hold the family members accountable.
              If this doesn't work out who out there is a more likely hire for HC than Anae?

I'm choosing to mostly ignore your fatuity here and instead overwhelm you with so much data that you'll maybe, just maybe, realize that you have reams to read on this subject before you can contribute meaningfully to any conversation on this topic.
              -DOCTOR Wuap

Comment

• Originally posted by Goatnapper'96 View Post
                Lance Anderson?
                τὸν ἥλιον ἀνατέλλοντα πλείονες ἢ δυόμενον προσκυνοῦσιν

Comment

Part of the problem we have now is that we're running a spread offense with an OC who doesn't know the spread offense.

Just a nit pick...Its hard to know what offense we are running based on the results, but it certainly isn't a spread offense.
                  Dyslexics are teople poo...

Comment

• Originally posted by All-American View Post
                    Lance Anderson?
                    It seems to me either or those two unless Army beats Brother Ken N again this year and he recognizes, much like Bronco, that the glory days are coming to an end!

GO ARMY BEAT AIR FORCE!
                    GO ARMY BEAT NAVY!

Somebody's alma mater already accepted their bowl bid.........

-DOCTOR Wuap

Comment

Roderick.
                      Ugh can't stand that guy. I hated him as a punt returner.

Just as I didn't like Kalani when I was there and didn't want him hired. I also don't want Roderick.

Comment

• Originally posted by Flystripper View Post
                        Just a nit pick...Its hard to know what offense we are running based on the results, but it certainly isn't a spread offense.
                        I think it certainly is. It's not the same offense we ran last season. To a certain extent, I think "pro-style" and "spread" is a false dichotomy. But when the vast majority of your plays are run from the gun, with a single running back in the backfield, with the tight end often flexed out, I'm not sure what else to call it.

Comment

That's a fair point. That still doesn't mean I think he has what it takes to be an effective HC.

Comment

That's a fair point. That still doesn't mean I think he has what it takes to be an effective HC.
                            Neither do I. He strikes me as similar to Chow.

-DOCTOR Wuap

Comment

• Originally posted by Shaka View Post
                              No offense dude but I have been in a position to speak to a decent number of potential recruits and their family members. While I no longer have that position I have close friends and family that do. The stuff I post has come directly out of enough of their mouths that I'm not just floating a theory. If anyone is floating a theory it's you. Maybe you need to check yourself in the rational department.
                              Just to clarify - your comments that are definitely not a theory are coming from your friends and/or family who spoke to friends and/or family who spoke to an undisclosed and perhaps unknown number of potential recruits and some of those unknown recruits have said they enjoy playing for championships and therefore the independence model is flawed and the basis for our shitty team?

I also like how you mention that you used to be in the position to talk to recruits and their families, but not anymore. So, that was a relevant comment.
                              Ain't it like most people, I'm no different. We love to talk on things we don't know about.

"The only one of us who is so significant that Jeff owes us something simply because he decided to grace us with his presence is falafel." -- All-American

GIVE 'EM HELL, BRIGHAM!

Comment

There is no wisdom at all, other than making fans' egos feel better, in changing OC or QB. We live through the disaster and then likely Ty will be gone in December. My guess is Kalani and much of the staff will follow next December. Perhaps Kalani was the best option but I am leaning towards believing he is just not up to this. The admin, whoever the decision makers are, have a full year to figure out what they want BYU football to be and Kalani can be their fall guy.
                                Now you are talking sense again. I think your prediction here is 100% what is going to happen.

Comment

Working...
                                X