Fire Ty

Collapse
X
 
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts
  • Green Monstah
    Royal Rooter
    • Aug 2010
    • 13955

    #706
    Roderick: Passing game coordinator
    Ryan Pugh: Assistant (O-line, I'd imagine)
    Fesi Sitake: Nepotism Czar
    Steve Clark: TE coach
    RB Coach TBD

    I feel badly for Empey. His son has to be pissed.
    Jesus wants me for a sunbeam.

    "Cog dis is a bitch." -James Patterson

    Comment

    • Green Monstah
      Royal Rooter
      • Aug 2010
      • 13955

      #707
      Originally posted by BigFatMeanie View Post
      I love this thread. Any topic that entices surfah, sizzle, and shaka, to get into a three-way debate is awesome.
      Bad form. The only 3-ways with which Shaka gets involved occur at Lake Powell and do not include another dude.
      Jesus wants me for a sunbeam.

      "Cog dis is a bitch." -James Patterson

      Comment

      • The_Tick
        Made something of myself
        • Nov 2008
        • 7294

        #708
        How does Pugh tie in here? Any history with BYU?

        I'm interested to see if Harvey Unga ends up getting the RB position. No way they were keeping Mahe.

        Comment

        • Shaka
          Senior Member
          • Dec 2008
          • 10449

          #709
          Originally posted by Green Monstah View Post
          Bad form. The only 3-ways with which Shaka gets involved occur at Lake Powell and do not include another dude.
          This is correct.


          Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

          Comment

          • Green Monstah
            Royal Rooter
            • Aug 2010
            • 13955

            #710
            Originally posted by The_Tick View Post
            How does Pugh tie in here? Any history with BYU?

            I'm interested to see if Harvey Unga ends up getting the RB position. No way they were keeping Mahe.
            Played for Grimes at Auburn. Coached with Grimes at LSU. He's 29 years old.
            Jesus wants me for a sunbeam.

            "Cog dis is a bitch." -James Patterson

            Comment

            • frank ryan
              Senior Member
              • Nov 2008
              • 12367

              #711
              Don’t know how I feel about Roderick coaching, but he can’t do anything but bolster our recruiting. I hope he can help keep Romney in the fold.
              Last edited by frank ryan; 12-27-2017, 04:59 PM.

              Comment

              • Topper
                Pre-Historic Man
                • Nov 2011
                • 11764

                #712
                These look like credible hires, ones who should be able to stabilize the program and perhaps succeed. I am legitimately more hopeful with these hires than I was with the first offensive staff.
                "Guitar groups are on their way out, Mr Epstein."

                Upon rejecting the Beatles, Dick Rowe told Brian Epstein of the January 1, 1962 audition for Decca, which signed Brian Poole and the Tremeloes instead.

                Comment

                • USUC
                  Chronic Poseur
                  • Apr 2010
                  • 8792

                  #713
                  So who is the QB coach?

                  Comment

                  • Topper
                    Pre-Historic Man
                    • Nov 2011
                    • 11764

                    #714
                    Originally posted by USUC View Post
                    So who is the QB coach?
                    Fesi maybe?
                    "Guitar groups are on their way out, Mr Epstein."

                    Upon rejecting the Beatles, Dick Rowe told Brian Epstein of the January 1, 1962 audition for Decca, which signed Brian Poole and the Tremeloes instead.

                    Comment

                    • Green Monstah
                      Royal Rooter
                      • Aug 2010
                      • 13955

                      #715
                      I think by calling ARod the “passing game coordinator,” you’re putting him over QBs And WRs and getting some help from a GA. Could be wrong.

                      I’m pretty bummed about Empey. Seems like he earned a return invite.
                      Jesus wants me for a sunbeam.

                      "Cog dis is a bitch." -James Patterson

                      Comment

                      • Moliere
                        One man.....one pie
                        • Oct 2009
                        • 27880

                        #716
                        I really have no opinion on the new coaches other than I'm happy they all have a good amount of experience. Definite upgrade in experience and hopefully intensity.

                        I laugh at long time fans that are upset about the "new direction" of the team and kicking Ty to the curb. Ty is one of the best human beings to play football at BYU but he sucked as an OC. He'd probably also suck as a QB coach. If bending to fans desire (Anae out, Doman as OC, Ty as OC) is what the old direction was, then I'm happy in the new direction.
                        "Discipleship is not a spectator sport. We cannot expect to experience the blessing of faith by standing inactive on the sidelines any more than we can experience the benefits of health by sitting on a sofa watching sporting events on television and giving advice to the athletes. And yet for some, “spectator discipleship” is a preferred if not primary way of worshipping." -Pres. Uchtdorf

                        Comment

                        • Topper
                          Pre-Historic Man
                          • Nov 2011
                          • 11764

                          #717
                          Originally posted by Moliere View Post
                          I really have no opinion on the new coaches other than I'm happy they all have a good amount of experience. Definite upgrade in experience and hopefully intensity.

                          I laugh at long time fans that are upset about the "new direction" of the team and kicking Ty to the curb. Ty is one of the best human beings to play football at BYU but he sucked as an OC. He'd probably also suck as a QB coach. If bending to fans desire (Anae out, Doman as OC, Ty as OC) is what the old direction was, then I'm happy in the new direction.
                          This staff appears to have the ability and experience to turn around the lack of discipline and focus. Let's see if BYU has the players needed to get it done.
                          "Guitar groups are on their way out, Mr Epstein."

                          Upon rejecting the Beatles, Dick Rowe told Brian Epstein of the January 1, 1962 audition for Decca, which signed Brian Poole and the Tremeloes instead.

                          Comment

                          • All-American
                            Right, as Usual
                            • Nov 2008
                            • 15665

                            #718
                            We hired our OC too soon, it seems. Darrell Bevell is now in the market.
                            τὸν ἥλιον ἀνατέλλοντα πλείονες ἢ δυόμενον προσκυνοῦσιν

                            Comment

                            • Topper
                              Pre-Historic Man
                              • Nov 2011
                              • 11764

                              #719
                              Originally posted by All-American View Post
                              We hired our OC too soon, it seems. Darrell Bevell is now in the market.
                              Don't worry, he will replace Sitake next year.
                              "Guitar groups are on their way out, Mr Epstein."

                              Upon rejecting the Beatles, Dick Rowe told Brian Epstein of the January 1, 1962 audition for Decca, which signed Brian Poole and the Tremeloes instead.

                              Comment

                              • Sizzle
                                #ThisIsY
                                • Nov 2008
                                • 9004

                                #720
                                Originally posted by Topper View Post
                                Don't worry, he will replace Sitake next year.
                                I thought he would replace Grimes as OC next year working under Andy Reid (who will replace Sitake next year should 2018 be similar to 2017).

                                Comment

                                Working...