Week 5 CFB thread.

Collapse
X
 
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts
  • HuskyFreeNorthwest
    Time to camp
    • Nov 2008
    • 26082

    #46
    Originally posted by Jeff Lebowski View Post
    (bump)

    SU deserves some credit here. A legit swish.
    So one great year going in with a four seed surpasses, even far surpasses, what's Oregon has done? The same SU would say something about a snapshot in time. Washington seems to have things in a great spot and could likely be poised for a spectacular run. I think to surpass Oregon they might need to get to as many NC games as Oregon, or win the league more than once every 17 years.
    Get confident, stupid
    -landpoke

    Comment

    • Jeff Lebowski
      Corporate lackey for Jesus
      • Nov 2008
      • 69717

      #47
      Originally posted by HuskyFreeNorthwest View Post
      So one great year going in with a four seed surpasses, even far surpasses, what's Oregon has done? The same SU would say something about a snapshot in time. Washington seems to have things in a great spot and could likely be poised for a spectacular run. I think to surpass Oregon they might need to get to as many NC games as Oregon, or win the league more than once every 17 years.
      His prediction is right on track so far.
      "There is no creature more arrogant than a self-righteous libertarian on the web, am I right? Those folks are just intolerable."
      "It's no secret that the great American pastime is no longer baseball. Now it's sanctimony." -- Guy Periwinkle, The Nix.
      "Juilliardk N I ibuprofen Hyu I U unhurt u" - creekster

      Comment

      • Walter Sobchak
        Adventurer
        • Oct 2009
        • 3815

        #48
        Agree with HFN. Dynasty "that far surpasses Oregon" must be established before a swish can be awarded. Looking forward to it.
        You're actually pretty funny when you aren't being a complete a-hole....so basically like 5% of the time. --Art Vandelay
        Almost everything you post is snarky, smug, condescending, or just downright mean-spirited. --Jeffrey Lebowski

        Anyone can make war, but only the most courageous can make peace. --President Donald J. Trump
        You furnish the pictures, and I’ll furnish the war. --William Randolph Hearst

        Comment

        • Blueintheface
          Senior Member
          • Sep 2009
          • 15382

          #49
          Once again kissing ass.
          "Either evolution or intelligent design can account for the athlete, but neither can account for the sports fan." - Robert Brault

          "Once I seen the trades go down and the other guys signed elsewhere," he said, "I knew it was my time now." - Derrick Favors

          Comment

          • Jeff Lebowski
            Corporate lackey for Jesus
            • Nov 2008
            • 69717

            #50
            Originally posted by Blueintheface View Post
            Once again kissing ass.
            No kidding. lol @ Walter!
            "There is no creature more arrogant than a self-righteous libertarian on the web, am I right? Those folks are just intolerable."
            "It's no secret that the great American pastime is no longer baseball. Now it's sanctimony." -- Guy Periwinkle, The Nix.
            "Juilliardk N I ibuprofen Hyu I U unhurt u" - creekster

            Comment

            • Walter Sobchak
              Adventurer
              • Oct 2009
              • 3815

              #51
              Originally posted by Jeff Lebowski View Post
              lol @ Walter!
              #teamHFN
              You're actually pretty funny when you aren't being a complete a-hole....so basically like 5% of the time. --Art Vandelay
              Almost everything you post is snarky, smug, condescending, or just downright mean-spirited. --Jeffrey Lebowski

              Anyone can make war, but only the most courageous can make peace. --President Donald J. Trump
              You furnish the pictures, and I’ll furnish the war. --William Randolph Hearst

              Comment

              • byu71
                Senior Member
                • Nov 2008
                • 22070

                #52
                I just noticed Idaho made it to a bowl. I thought they were in the same division as Weber. Congrats Idaho.

                Comment

                • HuskyFreeNorthwest
                  Time to camp
                  • Nov 2008
                  • 26082

                  #53
                  I know Washington has already far surpassed anything Oregon has ever done. I'm trying to remember with Helfrich coaching, what happened when Oregon played a semi-final game against an undefeated defending national champion.
                  Get confident, stupid
                  -landpoke

                  Comment

                  • Jeff Lebowski
                    Corporate lackey for Jesus
                    • Nov 2008
                    • 69717

                    #54
                    Originally posted by HuskyFreeNorthwest View Post
                    I know Washington has already far surpassed anything Oregon has ever done. I'm trying to remember with Helfrich coaching, what happened when Oregon played a semi-final game against an undefeated defending national champion.
                    Haha. Still smarting about that post?
                    "There is no creature more arrogant than a self-righteous libertarian on the web, am I right? Those folks are just intolerable."
                    "It's no secret that the great American pastime is no longer baseball. Now it's sanctimony." -- Guy Periwinkle, The Nix.
                    "Juilliardk N I ibuprofen Hyu I U unhurt u" - creekster

                    Comment

                    • Topper
                      Pre-Historic Man
                      • Nov 2011
                      • 11764

                      #55
                      I am so ready for somebody to knock Alabama off its perch, but please NOT Urban.
                      "Guitar groups are on their way out, Mr Epstein."

                      Upon rejecting the Beatles, Dick Rowe told Brian Epstein of the January 1, 1962 audition for Decca, which signed Brian Poole and the Tremeloes instead.

                      Comment

                      • HuskyFreeNorthwest
                        Time to camp
                        • Nov 2008
                        • 26082

                        #56
                        Originally posted by Jeff Lebowski View Post
                        Haha. Still smarting about that post?
                        Yikes, that was a Green Monstah-sequel double down.
                        Get confident, stupid
                        -landpoke

                        Comment

                        • Jeff Lebowski
                          Corporate lackey for Jesus
                          • Nov 2008
                          • 69717

                          #57
                          Originally posted by HuskyFreeNorthwest View Post
                          Yikes, that was a Green Monstah-sequel double down.
                          Yes indeed, but we forgive you! Rivals and all that.
                          "There is no creature more arrogant than a self-righteous libertarian on the web, am I right? Those folks are just intolerable."
                          "It's no secret that the great American pastime is no longer baseball. Now it's sanctimony." -- Guy Periwinkle, The Nix.
                          "Juilliardk N I ibuprofen Hyu I U unhurt u" - creekster

                          Comment

                          • HuskyFreeNorthwest
                            Time to camp
                            • Nov 2008
                            • 26082

                            #58
                            Originally posted by Jeff Lebowski View Post
                            Yes indeed, but we forgive you! Rivals and all that.
                            Good try, hombre
                            Get confident, stupid
                            -landpoke

                            Comment

                            • Applejack
                              Senior Member
                              • Aug 2012
                              • 3813

                              #59
                              Originally posted by Topper View Post
                              I am so ready for somebody to knock Alabama off its perch, but please NOT Urban.
                              Patience. The utes will play them eventually.

                              Comment

                              • All-American
                                Right, as Usual
                                • Nov 2008
                                • 15668

                                #60
                                Originally posted by Applejack View Post
                                Patience. The utes will play them eventually.
                                Like utah would ever beat bama. :eyeroll:
                                τὸν ἥλιον ἀνατέλλοντα πλείονες ἢ δυόμενον προσκυνοῦσιν

                                Comment

                                Working...