Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

#boohoos. The thread for stupid crap about Bronco Mendenhall and co.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Clark Addison View Post
    I was at both of those games too!
    What are your road trips looking like next year so we can coordinate?
    "Nobody listens to Turtle."
    -Turtle
    sigpic

Comment

I'm sure the Cavaliers will be as patient of Bronco's quirkiness as Provoites were.

http://espn.go.com/blog/acc/post/_/i...ia-this-spring

Comment

Originally posted by Art Vandelay View Post
        I'm sure the Cavaliers will be as patient of Bronco's quirkiness as Provoites were.

"So the team will vote on who gets first pick and he can choose any number he'd like. It'll work sequentially down."
        Whaaaa?
        Ain't it like most people, I'm no different. We love to talk on things we don't know about.

"The only one of us who is so significant that Jeff owes us something simply because he decided to grace us with his presence is falafel." -- All-American

GIVE 'EM HELL, BRIGHAM!

Comment

Originally posted by Art Vandelay View Post

His style is pretty much the opposite of what I prefer, but my hunch is that he will be pretty successful.

Comment

Originally posted by falafel View Post
            Whaaaa?
            He read it in a management book. He extensively studied it for over five hundred hours.

Comment

I'm generally a Bronco apologist but this is him at his weirdest. Sort of like when he got rid of the names off the back of the jerseys and put Spirt, Tradition, Honor.

I'm a bit curious what inspired this decision. I would assume he's addressing some sort of defect like entitlement or maybe breaking them down so he can build them up.

Comment

Originally posted by jay santos View Post
                His style is pretty much the opposite of what I prefer, but my hunch is that he will be pretty successful.
                You could definitely be right, but it all depends on how you define "successful." I've always thought that his schtick resonates best with LDS athletes. I also think he missed on a golden opportunity to significantly upgrade his staff--especially offensively--and he didn't. If success means being consistently bowl eligible, I think he's probably successful. If it means competing for a shot to play in the ACC CG year in and year out, I'm not so sure.
                Jesus wants me for a sunbeam.

"Cog dis is a bitch." -James Patterson

Comment

It's the kind of thing that irritates fans and players and to which they point when things don't go so well. But Bronco's the guy earning the big bucks for himself and his staff, so what do I know.
                  Give 'em Hell, Cougars!!!

For all this His anger is not turned away, but His hand is stretched out still.

Not long ago an obituary appeared in the Salt Lake Tribune that said the recently departed had "died doing what he enjoyed most—watching BYU lose."

Comment

Originally posted by myboynoah View Post
                    It's the kind of thing that irritates fans and players and to which they point when things don't go so well. But Bronco's the guy earning the big bucks for himself and his staff, so what do I know.
                    I think they irritate fans more than players. Bronco had amazing loyalty among his players. I'm bewildered by it. But he did.

Comment

Loved Bronco's defenses, but his way of communication drives me nuts.

"I'm anti, can't no government handle a commando / Your man don't want it, Trump's a bitch! I'll make his whole brand go under,"

Comment

One word: Sitake.
                        "Either evolution or intelligent design can account for the athlete, but neither can account for the sports fan." - Robert Brault

"Once I seen the trades go down and the other guys signed elsewhere," he said, "I knew it was my time now." - Derrick Favors

Comment

I'm glad he's gone. I forgot how a real football coach acts and speaks. #sitake
                          Will donate kidney for B12 membership.

Comment

Originally posted by Commando View Post
                            Loved Bronco's defenses, but his way of communication drives me nuts.

First practice was just this morning?* Sitake is holding his 10th practice today. Another Bronco-ism - not using all of your practice time.

*There's probably some good reason why Virginia hasn't practiced until today, but I'd rather take potshots than track it down.
                            Ain't it like most people, I'm no different. We love to talk on things we don't know about.

"The only one of us who is so significant that Jeff owes us something simply because he decided to grace us with his presence is falafel." -- All-American

GIVE 'EM HELL, BRIGHAM!

Comment

First practice was just this morning?* Sitake is holding his 10th practice today. Another Bronco-ism - not using all of your practice time.

*There's probably some good reason why Virginia hasn't practiced until today, but I'd rather take potshots than track it down.
                              Pretty sure you can do it whenever you want. You are just limited on the number of days.
                              "There is no creature more arrogant than a self-righteous libertarian on the web, am I right? Those folks are just intolerable."
                              "It's no secret that the great American pastime is no longer baseball. Now it's sanctimony." -- Guy Periwinkle, The Nix.
                              "Juilliardk N I ibuprofen Hyu I U unhurt u" - creekster

Comment

I thought he was just referring to the first practice on that day. Not the first practice of the year. But I also dont care enough to look it up.
                                PLesa excuse the tpyos.

Comment

Working...
                                X