No announcement yet.

"Reports of my death have been greatly exaggerated" - The Rivalry Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Does Utah have their own track yet or do they still share one with East High School?
    "Discipleship is not a spectator sport. We cannot expect to experience the blessing of faith by standing inactive on the sidelines any more than we can experience the benefits of health by sitting on a sofa watching sporting events on television and giving advice to the athletes. And yet for some, “spectator discipleship” is a preferred if not primary way of worshipping." -Pres. Uchtdorf

Comment

• Originally posted by kccougar View Post
      Of course, a site like this could be created for every team under the sun. It's nice that someone hates BYU so much they obsess to this degree though.
      Don't worry about people stealing your ideas. If your ideas are any good, you'll have to ram them down people's throats.
      - Howard Aiken

Any sufficiently complicated platform contains an ad hoc, informally-specified, bug-ridden, slow implementation of half of a functional programming language.
      - Variation on Greenspun's Tenth Rule

Comment

• Originally posted by lambdacoug View Post
        Of course, a site like this could be created for every team under the sun. It's nice that someone hates BYU so much they obsess to this degree though.
        They just dislike us so much—it's irresistible.
        Give 'em Hell, Cougars!!!

For all this His anger is not turned away, but His hand is stretched out still.

Not long ago an obituary appeared in the Salt Lake Tribune that said the recently departed had "died doing what he enjoyed most—watching BYU lose."

Comment

• Add another couple reasons for the rivalry not going away.
          CPCd4qHUsAAEl5p.jpg
          CPCextUUcAAy86M.jpg

Comment

• Originally posted by TripletDaddy View Post
            I forgot about pelting the refs after the Utah game. that was awesome they deserved everything thrown at them.
            Was that the 54-10 game? There were some questionable calls in that game.

Comment

• Originally posted by Omaha 680 View Post
              I love this thread so much. It almost makes me wish I was living in Utah again so I could see some actual Ute fans and experience the angst in person.
              I work with several ute fans. They've been conspicuously quiet so far this year. They're waiting for BYU to lose a game. I would appreciate a nice quiet year from my coworkers.

Comment

• Originally posted by Bo Diddley View Post
                I work with several ute fans. They've been conspicuously quiet so far this year. They're waiting for BYU to lose a game. I would appreciate a nice quiet year from my coworkers.
                They must not be listening to local utah sports radio which has at least a half dozen guys promoting the idea that beating Michigan and utah state is way more impressive than BYU beating Nebraska and Boise State, which is really not a big deal.

Comment

• Originally posted by Applejack View Post
                  Was that the 54-10 game? There were some questionable calls in that game.
                  the gator roll of Jake Heaps was dirty.
                  Fitter. Happier. More Productive.

sigpic

Comment

Not to mention the Utes greasing up the ball on the first series.
                    Ain't it like most people, I'm no different. We love to talk on things we don't know about.

"The only one of us who is so significant that Jeff owes us something simply because he decided to grace us with his presence is falafel." -- All-American

GIVE 'EM HELL, BRIGHAM!

Comment

• Originally posted by falafel View Post
                      Not to mention the Utes greasing up the ball on the first series.
                      KWhit is on record that he likes the way Belichik coaches.

Comment

Agreed. There was also a play in which they should have called offsides for lining up in the neutral zone, but they didn't. A few more I can't recall, as well.

But enough with this threadjack. Back to lacrosse!

Comment

• My favorite part of recent trash talk is when each side deplores the dirty play the rival team exhibits, while laughing when their team is able to sneak in a "well-deserved" shot or two, as a sign of "toughness."

This is textbook homerism.

Comment

• Originally posted by wally View Post
                            My favorite part of recent trash talk is when each side deplores the dirty play the rival team exhibits, while laughing when their team is able to sneak in a "well-deserved" shot or two, as a sign of "toughness."

that is probably how i would define it, as well.
                            Fitter. Happier. More Productive.

sigpic

Comment

• Originally posted by Applejack View Post
                              Agreed. There was also a play in which they should have called offsides for lining up in the neutral zone, but they didn't. A few more I can't recall, as well.

But enough with this threadjack. Back to lacrosse!

Comment

• Originally posted by wally View Post
                                My favorite part of recent trash talk is when each side deplores the dirty play the rival team exhibits, while laughing when their team is able to sneak in a "well-deserved" shot or two, as a sign of "toughness."

That's funny you think that is what's happening.
                                "There is no creature more arrogant than a self-righteous libertarian on the web, am I right? Those folks are just intolerable."
                                "It's no secret that the great American pastime is no longer baseball. Now it's sanctimony." -- Guy Periwinkle, The Nix.
                                "Juilliardk N I ibuprofen Hyu I U unhurt u" - creekster

Comment

Working...
                                X