Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• http://spencerhansen.blogspot.com/20...-max-hall.html

Pretty good read on Max Hall.

I remember well the first time I encountered the BYU fan apathy towards Max Hall's career. I was talking to a co-worker who loves BYU. I told him one of my favorite Max Hall stats, that he and Austin Collie formed the most prolific QB-WR combo in BYU history. The two connected for 22 touchdown passes, more than any quarterback and specific receiver at BYU had ever recorded. They were the most unstoppable duo BYU ever saw, I proclaimed.

My friend responded that this was his whole problem with Max Hall. "The guy didn't spread the ball, he was too focused on Collie. The offense was too predictable."

I then asked him if he knew which QB-WR combo had the second highest number of touchdown passes. He didn't so I responded. "Max Hall and Dennis Pitta with 19 touchdowns."

I didn't have a mic to drop so I just moonwalked out of his cubicle.

Comment

• Originally posted by Eddie View Post
      Also good listing of all the weird shit that's contributed to the 5 game losing streak.

Comment

• Great writeup.

Side note: People confusing the cross bar with the upright is super annoying to me.

Comment

• Originally posted by SCcoug View Post
          Also good listing of all the weird shit that's contributed to the 5 game losing streak.
          That was a very depressing read. I had put a lot of that out of my mind. Including the Utah upright blocking Riley Stephenson's field goal to win it in 2012.
          Ain't it like most people, I'm no different. We love to talk on things we don't know about.

"The only one of us who is so significant that Jeff owes us something simply because he decided to grace us with his presence is falafel." -- All-American

GIVE 'EM HELL, BRIGHAM!

Comment

• Originally posted by Eddie View Post
            as the all time wins leader for QBs at BYU, Max Hall was too concerned about actually winning games than spreading the ball around. that would have been better than the Pitta response. SJBH
            I'm like LeBron James.
            -mpfunk

Comment

• Whatever happened to the old avatar bets?

Tell ya what...if BYU wins, I'll change my avatar to something BYU themed for at least a week.

Any takers?
              "They're good. They've always been good" - David Shaw.

Well, because he thought it was good sport. Because some men aren't looking for anything logical, like money. They can't be bought, bullied, reasoned, or negotiated with. Some men just want to watch the world burn.

Comment

• Originally posted by DrumNFeather View Post
                Whatever happened to the old avatar bets?

Tell ya what...if BYU wins, I'll change my avatar to something BYU themed for at least a week.

Any takers?
                Sure, we'll let you do that.
                Ain't it like most people, I'm no different. We love to talk on things we don't know about.

"The only one of us who is so significant that Jeff owes us something simply because he decided to grace us with his presence is falafel." -- All-American

GIVE 'EM HELL, BRIGHAM!

Comment

• A 3 year old showed up in my office today with a broken arm. His mom said she would like a cast instead of a splint and if it could be "blue, for BYU." I told her he could have any color he wanted as long as it was red.
                  "You interns are like swallows. You shit all over my patients for six weeks and then fly off."

"Don't be sorry, it's not your fault. It's my fault for overestimating your competence."

Comment

Any takers?
                    I'm good with you doing that.

Comment

Any takers?
                      How about this? If BYU wins then you can suck it and if Utah wins you can go f*** yourself.

Comment

• Originally posted by falafel View Post
                        Sure, we'll let you do that.
                        Originally posted by SCcoug View Post
                        I'm good with you doing that.
                        Originally posted by YOhio View Post
                        How about this? If BYU wins then you can suck it and if Utah wins you can go f*** yourself.
                        Yeah, I'd be nervous too if I was you guys.
                        "They're good. They've always been good" - David Shaw.

Well, because he thought it was good sport. Because some men aren't looking for anything logical, like money. They can't be bought, bullied, reasoned, or negotiated with. Some men just want to watch the world burn.

Comment

Any takers?
                          A week? Lightweight.

http://www.cougarstadium.com/showthr...l=1#post884277
                          "Seriously, is there a bigger high on the whole face of the earth than eating a salad?"--SeattleUte
                          "The only Ute to cause even half the nationwide hysteria of Jimmermania was Ted Bundy."--TripletDaddy
                          This is a tough, NYC broad, a doctor who deals with bleeding organs, dying people and testicles on a regular basis without crying."--oxcoug
                          "I'm not impressed (and I'm even into choreography . . .)"--Donuthole
                          "I too was fortunate to leave with my same balls."--byu71

Comment

• "I think it was King Benjamin who said 'you sorry ass shitbags who have no skills that the market values also have an obligation to have the attitude that if one day you do in fact win the PowerBall Lottery that you will then impart of your substance to those without.'"
                            - Goatnapper'96

Comment

• Sorry Wally

"You interns are like swallows. You shit all over my patients for six weeks and then fly off."

"Don't be sorry, it's not your fault. It's my fault for overestimating your competence."

Comment

• Originally posted by hostile View Post
                                Sorry Wally

Didn't even wait the customary 24 hours to rub it in. What a jerk.

Comment

Working...
                                X