The official Tanner Mangum thread

Collapse
X
 
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts
  • Art Vandelay
    Striving for mediocrity
    • Jul 2009
    • 10516

    #1

    The official Tanner Mangum thread

    A great start to the next era or BYU football. The kid has poise, a rocket for an arm, and likely as much female companionship as he wants. However, he needs an appropriate title going forward

    The obvious choice is 44 or 357.
    PI is a much cooler marketing campaign for his sophomore and junior Heisman runs. A stadium full of mustaches and Hawaiian shirts

    My personal favorite is Tanner Mangum Carta
  • falafel
    loves to talk on things
    • Mar 2009
    • 38003

    #2
    Originally posted by Art Vandelay View Post
    A great start to the next era or BYU football. The kid has poise, a rocket for an arm, and likely as much female companionship as he wants. However, he needs an appropriate title going forward

    The obvious choice is 44 or 357.
    PI is a much cooler marketing campaign for his sophomore and junior Heisman runs. A stadium full of mustaches and Hawaiian shirts

    My personal favorite is Tanner Mangum Carta
    I know you spelled his name right, but you must be pronouncing it wrong because none of those work.
    Ain't it like most people, I'm no different. We love to talk on things we don't know about.

    Dig your own grave, and save!

    "The only one of us who is so significant that Jeff owes us something simply because he decided to grace us with his presence is falafel." -- All-American

    "I know that you are one of the cool and 'edgy' BYU fans" -- Wally

    GIVE 'EM HELL, BRIGHAM!

    Comment

    • TripletDaddy
      sweet triple
      • Nov 2008
      • 58186

      #3
      We should call him 12 Gauge and pretend like it was always his nickname, kind of like dabrockster started doing after last bowl season.
      Fitter. Happier. More Productive.

      sigpic

      Comment

      • Art Vandelay
        Striving for mediocrity
        • Jul 2009
        • 10516

        #4
        Originally posted by falafel View Post
        I know you spelled his name right, but you must be pronouncing it wrong because none of those work.
        It's because I still hear "magnum" every time I see it. That is what I thought it was when I first hear about him 4-5 years ago. Regardless, it will probably be Tanner did you know he was co-mvp with Jameis Winston at the elite 11? Mangum.

        Comment

        • Clark Addison
          Senior Member
          • Nov 2008
          • 10316

          #5
          Have two brothers ever gotten the top two spots in SportsCenter's top 10 plays? Tanner gets #1, Madison gets #2 for a one handed TD catch for Idaho State.

          Also, has Idaho State ever appeared in the top 10 before?

          Comment

          • TripletDaddy
            sweet triple
            • Nov 2008
            • 58186

            #6
            Originally posted by Clark Addison View Post
            Have two brothers ever gotten the top two spots in SportsCenter's top 10 plays? Tanner gets #1, Madison gets #2 for a one handed TD catch for Idaho State.

            Also, has Idaho State ever appeared in the top 10 before?
            Great trivia questions. Will have to do some research on those.
            Fitter. Happier. More Productive.

            sigpic

            Comment

            • falafel
              loves to talk on things
              • Mar 2009
              • 38003

              #7
              Ain't it like most people, I'm no different. We love to talk on things we don't know about.

              Dig your own grave, and save!

              "The only one of us who is so significant that Jeff owes us something simply because he decided to grace us with his presence is falafel." -- All-American

              "I know that you are one of the cool and 'edgy' BYU fans" -- Wally

              GIVE 'EM HELL, BRIGHAM!

              Comment

              • dabrockster
                Senior Member
                • Aug 2009
                • 10962

                #8
                Originally posted by TripletDaddy View Post
                We should call him 12 Gauge and pretend like it was always his nickname, kind of like dabrockster started doing after last bowl season.
                It's cute how can't stop mentioning me or 12 Gauge!! But I'd rather just enjoy this great moment..

                Comment

                • Moliere
                  One man.....one pie
                  • Oct 2009
                  • 27898

                  #9
                  MJ is calling him Tan-Tan. I don't suggest we adopt that nickname.
                  "Discipleship is not a spectator sport. We cannot expect to experience the blessing of faith by standing inactive on the sidelines any more than we can experience the benefits of health by sitting on a sofa watching sporting events on television and giving advice to the athletes. And yet for some, “spectator discipleship” is a preferred if not primary way of worshipping." -Pres. Uchtdorf

                  Comment

                  • All-American
                    Right, as Usual
                    • Nov 2008
                    • 15680

                    #10
                    Originally posted by Art Vandelay View Post
                    It's because I still hear "magnum" every time I see it. That is what I thought it was when I first hear about him 4-5 years ago. Regardless, it will probably be Tanner did you know he was co-mvp with Jameis Winston at the elite 11? Mangum.
                    I had Latin teachers who taught us that "gn" is supposed to be pronounced "ng," and used "magnum" and "Mangum" as an example of the point. So good news, fellas-- the classics department supports your choice of nicknames.
                    τὸν ἥλιον ἀνατέλλοντα πλείονες ἢ δυόμενον προσκυνοῦσιν

                    Comment

                    • HuskyFreeNorthwest
                      Time to camp
                      • Nov 2008
                      • 26082

                      #11
                      Originally posted by Moliere View Post
                      MJ is calling him Tan-Tan. I don't suggest we adopt that nickname.
                      Sounds like MJ finds a college freshman attractive.
                      Get confident, stupid
                      -landpoke

                      Comment

                      • Moliere
                        One man.....one pie
                        • Oct 2009
                        • 27898

                        #12
                        Originally posted by HuskyFreeNorthwest View Post
                        Sounds like MJ finds a college freshman attractive.
                        I readily admit that I also find him attractive after that Hail Mary pass
                        "Discipleship is not a spectator sport. We cannot expect to experience the blessing of faith by standing inactive on the sidelines any more than we can experience the benefits of health by sitting on a sofa watching sporting events on television and giving advice to the athletes. And yet for some, “spectator discipleship” is a preferred if not primary way of worshipping." -Pres. Uchtdorf

                        Comment

                        • Color Me Badd Fan
                          Senior Member
                          • Jan 2009
                          • 12519

                          #13
                          I pointed this out in the other thread, but Mangum is a total doppelganger with Bob Crane from Hogans Heroes. The offense could be called Mangum's Heroes except few people under the age of 50 even knows about Hogans Heroes and Bob Crane was fairly seedy met a horrific ending.
                          Part of it is based on academic grounds. Among major conferences, the Pac-10 is the best academically, largely because of Stanford, Cal and UCLA. “Colorado is on a par with Oregon,” he said. “Utah isn’t even in the picture.”

                          Comment

                          • LMG13
                            Junior Member
                            • Sep 2015
                            • 1

                            #14
                            Originally posted by Art Vandelay View Post
                            A great start to the next era or BYU football. The kid has poise, a rocket for an arm, and likely as much female companionship as he wants. However, he needs an appropriate title going forward

                            The obvious choice is 44 or 357.
                            PI is a much cooler marketing campaign for his sophomore and junior Heisman runs. A stadium full of mustaches and Hawaiian shirts

                            My personal favorite is Tanner Mangum Carta

                            I'm sure MangumStyle has been taken already?

                            Comment

                            • bluegoose
                              7th round draft pick
                              • Nov 2008
                              • 4121

                              #15
                              Top 15 college QB debuts this season.

                              14. Tanner Mangum, BYU
                              Mangum’s numbers weren’t as impressive as some of the other quarterbacks on this list, but the Idaho native delivered in the clutch for the Cougars. With BYU trailing 28-27, Mangum connected with Mitch Mathews for a 42-yard Hail Mary touchdown pass to upset the Cornhuskers in Lincoln. With Taysom Hill out for the rest of the year, Mangum – a four-star recruit – should be a solid fill-in for BYU.

                              Comment

                              Working...