Miami Bowl 2014 - BYU vs. Memphis

Collapse
X
 
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts
  • SeattleUte
    Faith crisis consultant
    • Nov 2008
    • 20837

    #466
    What a horrible day to be associated with BYU.
    When a true genius appears, you can know him by this sign: that all the dunces are in a confederacy against him.

    --Jonathan Swift

    Comment

    • byu71
      Senior Member
      • Nov 2008
      • 22070

      #467
      Originally posted by SeattleUte View Post
      What a horrible day to be associated with BYU.
      I appreciate you. When I am having a bad day being a BYU fan or a Mormon, you seem to show up and put things in perspective. I could be miserable everyday like you.

      Comment

      • Bo Diddley
        Senior
        • Jul 2012
        • 18801

        #468
        Originally posted by USUC View Post
        Hey asshole BYU haters, gtfo of this forum for a little bit. Even SU will wait a day.
        Originally posted by SeattleUte View Post
        What a horrible day to be associated with BYU.
        Or not.

        Comment

        • USUC
          Chronic Poseur
          • Apr 2010
          • 8795

          #469
          Originally posted by SeattleUte View Post
          What a horrible day to be associated with BYU.
          Way to make me look foolish.

          Comment

          • Topper
            Pre-Historic Man
            • Nov 2011
            • 11764

            #470
            Originally posted by byu71 View Post
            Tom Holmoe has a tough job. Sent out an apology to Cougar Nation. So Cougar Nation is the BOT's, ALUF's and others who care about the BYU "image".

            The response from the bulk of Cougar fans wasn't supportive. The response from some gal in a Utah shirt was though.
            There is no need for an apology or for an investigation, unless it's to examine if the coaching will improve in the future with better results on the horizon.
            "Guitar groups are on their way out, Mr Epstein."

            Upon rejecting the Beatles, Dick Rowe told Brian Epstein of the January 1, 1962 audition for Decca, which signed Brian Poole and the Tremeloes instead.

            Comment

            • Green Monstah
              Royal Rooter
              • Aug 2010
              • 13962

              #471
              Originally posted by USUC View Post
              Way to make me look foolish.
              Kick his ass!!!
              Jesus wants me for a sunbeam.

              "Cog dis is a bitch." -James Patterson

              Comment

              • FMCoug
                Senior Member
                • Nov 2008
                • 6825

                #472
                Originally posted by Bluediver View Post
                That's some fantastic proselyting by BYU today at the end of that game. Keep making the church members proud BYU athletics! :-/
                Two points.

                1. You're a pussy and emblematic of why I hate most BYU fans.
                2. Who the hell are you?



                Originally posted by SeattleUte View Post
                What a horrible day to be associated with BYU.
                LOL well played.
                "It's true that everything happens for a reason. Just remember that sometimes that reason is that you did something really, really, stupid."

                Comment

                • Commando
                  Explosivo
                  • Feb 2009
                  • 20748

                  #473
                  Originally posted by FMCoug View Post
                  Two points.

                  1. You're a pussy and emblematic of why I hate most BYU fans.
                  2. Who the hell are you?
                  Check the Utah State thread. Lesbian aggie fan posing as a BYU fan.
                  "I'm anti, can't no government handle a commando / Your man don't want it, Trump's a bitch! I'll make his whole brand go under,"

                  Comment

                  • Katy Lied
                    Senior Member
                    • Dec 2008
                    • 9435

                    #474
                    So, my remaining hopes are on Funk to show a little class by waiting a day before the deluge. Wait, JIC is classy enough to wait a day.

                    I do enjoy all the ALUFs who bewail the terrible image BYU's players are making for all the potential investigators.

                    Comment

                    • byu71
                      Senior Member
                      • Nov 2008
                      • 22070

                      #475
                      Originally posted by Katy Lied View Post

                      I do enjoy all the ALUFs who bewail the terrible image BYU's players are making for all the potential investigators.
                      I have seen surveys where we are very unpopular amongst the various religions. I maintain it has nothing to do with a brawl at a football game but the attitude we throw off that we are more honorable than everyone else. Even GBH once said we take ourselves to seriously.

                      Comment

                      • YOhio
                        Hipster Mode
                        • Nov 2008
                        • 26165

                        #476
                        Originally posted by byu71 View Post
                        I have seen surveys where we are very unpopular amongst the various religions. I maintain it has nothing to do with a brawl at a football game but the attitude we throw off that we are more honorable than everyone else. Even GBH once said we take ourselves to seriously.
                        It could also be that we wear weird underwear, don't drink, are a bit clannish, have beliefs outside of the American mainstream and pick on gays. But you're probably right that it's because we have an attitude that we are more honorable than everyone else.

                        Comment

                        • byu71
                          Senior Member
                          • Nov 2008
                          • 22070

                          #477
                          Originally posted by YOhio View Post
                          It could also be that we wear weird underwear, don't drink, are a bit clannish, have beliefs outside of the American mainstream and pick on gays.
                          I hadn't thought of that. I guess we are more honorable.

                          Comment

                          • Green Monstah
                            Royal Rooter
                            • Aug 2010
                            • 13962

                            #478
                            Jesus wants me for a sunbeam.

                            "Cog dis is a bitch." -James Patterson

                            Comment

                            • Topper
                              Pre-Historic Man
                              • Nov 2011
                              • 11764

                              #479
                              Originally posted by YOhio View Post
                              It could also be that we wear weird underwear, don't drink, are a bit clannish, have beliefs outside of the American mainstream and pick on gays. But you're probably right that it's because we have an attitude that we are more honorable than everyone else.
                              Oh. Don't confuse us with facts and reality.
                              "Guitar groups are on their way out, Mr Epstein."

                              Upon rejecting the Beatles, Dick Rowe told Brian Epstein of the January 1, 1962 audition for Decca, which signed Brian Poole and the Tremeloes instead.

                              Comment

                              • USUC
                                Chronic Poseur
                                • Apr 2010
                                • 8795

                                #480
                                The thing i will probably remember most about this game is me yelling the F-bomb in front of my new SIL when Stewart threw that interception in OT. She was not impressed and i think insulted. Welcome to the family!

                                I'm also hearing that Bronco applied to the Wisconsin job. It'll be interesting to see what happens in the off season.

                                Comment

                                Working...