Padding O'Leary's Resumé: BYU @ UCF

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Padding O'Leary's Resumé: BYU @ UCF

Groupthink has set the line. BYU is a 3-point dog in Orlando.

Here is how it is going to go down: BYU rallies from an emotional General Conference weekend. Xtian Stewart steps up during a short week of prep to prove to be the X factor. Without Taysom, the team struggles in the first half. Bronco surprises everyone by having Taysom show up in the locker room, addressing everyone from his wheelchair. Before taking the field for the second half of the game, Harvey Langi boosts morale by blasting a personally-recorded account of Joseph Smith's First Vision from his iPod. The team runs out of the tunnel amped up and wins an emotional victory on the road while simultaneously knowing the LDS church is true.
    Fitter. Happier. More Productive.

sigpic

Originally posted by TripletDaddy View Post

Here is how it is going to go down: BYU rallies from an emotional General Conference weekend. Xtian Stewart steps up during a short week of prep to prove to be the X factor. Without Taysom, the team struggles in the first half. Bronco surprises everyone by having Taysom show up in the locker room, addressing everyone from his wheelchair. Before taking the field for the second half of the game, Harvey Langi boosts morale by blasting a personally-recorded account of Joseph Smith's First Vision from his iPod. The team runs out of the tunnel amped up and wins an emotional victory on the road while simultaneously knowing the LDS church is true.

My thread title will probably be more accurate #sjbh
    Dyslexics are teople poo...

Comment

:rockon2:
      So Russell...what do you love about music? To begin with, everything.

Comment

I picked an awesome game to go to this year!

I will take plenty of pictures so you can all feel like you were there with me. I can hardly wait to experience some of the UCF traditions. Nothing like football in the south!

Comment

Originally posted by Clark Addison View Post
          I picked an awesome game to go to this year!

I will take plenty of pictures so you can all feel like you were there with me. I can hardly wait to experience some of the UCF traditions. Nothing like football in the south!
          Can a program that's only been around since 1979 have any good traditions?

Comment

UCF's QB situation is too hot either. BYU's defense should help them out though.

http://www.orlandosentinel.com/sport...-ucf-post.html

Comment

that is the perfect pic to underscore the point of the article

sigpic

Comment

This will be an interesting game. I know there is a lot of doom and gloom about the current situation but no one has any idea how CS and the offense will do. I will probably write the season off if the struggling UCF QB goes off and CS throws 3 interceptions again.

Comment

I'm predicting that Mitch Matthews is going to have a career night and BYU fans worldwide will forever refer to this game as "MMM," the Mitch Matthews Massacre. In keeping with the theme, BYU will refuse to apologize for the result.

sigpic

Comment

I'm predicting that Mitch Matthews is going to have a career night and BYU fans worldwide will forever refer to this game as "MMM," the Mitch Matthews Massacre. In keeping with the theme, BYU will refuse to apologize for the result.
                    But will one day erect a monument.

I've been working my way through the various stages of grief. I think I have come to a point where I can enjoy going to the game, and watching with interest to see how Stewart does. Honestly, I'm just glad that I'm out of my Ute infested office for a couple of weeks.

Comment

Boney Fuller @boneyfuller
                      Follow

UCF O'Leary usually has an intense film study, but after watching the BYU defense on film, everyone just chuckled and went out for slurpees
                      lol
                      So Russell...what do you love about music? To begin with, everything.

Comment

I will tune in, but with no palpable level of Stoke. If CS gets out the old defibrillator and breathes some magic into this offense I may rise from this bed of woe and shake off this leprosy of sorrow.

This is how I feel when I think about what would have been but for an extremely freak injury.

"I'm anti, can't no government handle a commando / Your man don't want it, Trump's a bitch! I'll make his whole brand go under,"

Comment

What exactly do you think "would have been?" Maybe that is where I'm selling short. With this schedule I never thought BYU was getting into the playoff nor did I think Taysom would be able to win the Heisman. Even when Ty won, he had a signature victory against #1 Miami. Ty was setting ncaa records. taysoms best win this season would come against a lousy team (take your pick) and while exciting, Taysom wasn't going to set a single passing record. Rushing, maybe? The only thing BYU lost would have been an at large invite to a NYD bowl, and I do believe that despite the schedule, an undefeated BYU would have received the invite. So really, all this piss is about a slot in a bowl game that doesn't really matter anyway In the era of playoffs??

perhaps your expectations were either too high or you never really sat down to actually think about what was really at stake.

sigpic

Comment

What exactly do you think "would have been?" Maybe that is where I'm selling short. With this schedule I never thought BYU was getting into the playoff nor did I think Taysom would be able to win the Heisman. Even when Ty won, he had a signature victory against #1 Miami. Ty was setting ncaa records. taysoms best win this season would come against a lousy team (take your pick) and while exciting, Taysom wasn't going to set a single passing record. Rushing, maybe? The only thing BYU lost would have been an at large invite to a NYD bowl, and I do believe that despite the schedule, an undefeated BYU would have received the invite. So really, all this piss is about a slot in a bowl game that doesn't really matter anyway In the era of playoffs??

perhaps your expectations were either too high or you never really sat down to actually think about what was really at stake.
                            Well for starters we'd be in the top 10 by now. It is very fun to watch Taysom, and him helming BYU was/is an absolute joy to be a part of. Yes, I felt like I was a part of it because I have endured a lot of terrible seasons and mishaps as a BYU fan and feel invested. I thought we would absolutely be in a NYD bowl and likely make the playoff BECAUSE of the hubub surrounding Taysom. Maybe he doesn't win the Heisman, but as a top team, possibly the only undefeated team-- with the most exciting player in the country behind center-- BYU makes a great case for the playoff. Similar to Jimmer winning NPOTY, but with a weaker resume I suppose. And even if denied that playoff slot, there is a lot to be proud of and ramp up for next year when the going really does get tough the first 6 games of the season.

Even if a lot of that is wishful thinking, it is worlds above what we have now, which is starting at the base of the pyramid all over again with a mortal QB.
                            Last edited by Commando; 10-06-2014, 05:49 PM.
                            "I'm anti, can't no government handle a commando / Your man don't want it, Trump's a bitch! I'll make his whole brand go under,"

Comment

I expected that the playoffs were very unlikely, even if undefeated. I expected a NY6 bowl if undefeated, and a very narrow shot at one with one loss. I expected that Taysom could be a Heisman finalist. I did not expect the defensive backfield to let Aggie receivers run right past them.
                              "I think it was King Benjamin who said 'you sorry ass shitbags who have no skills that the market values also have an obligation to have the attitude that if one day you do in fact win the PowerBall Lottery that you will then impart of your substance to those without.'"
                              - Goatnapper'96

Comment

Working...
                              X