Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Jimbo MF McMahon.....Deserves his own thread!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

https://twitter.com/JimMcMahon/statu...12020957147137

"Nobody listens to Turtle."
    -Turtle
    sigpic

Comment

WHO'S YOUR #9?
      JIMBO EFFING MCMAHON

So Russell...what do you love about music? To begin with, everything.

Comment

I might get a little emotional right here in the middle of AUS.
        Ute-ī sunt fīmī differtī

It can't all be wedding cake.

Comment

"There is no creature more arrogant than a self-righteous libertarian on the web, am I right? Those folks are just intolerable."
          "It's no secret that the great American pastime is no longer baseball. Now it's sanctimony." -- Guy Periwinkle, The Nix.
          "Juilliardk N I ibuprofen Hyu I U unhurt u" - creekster

Comment

What game does the number go up?

Comment

I love his gracious tweet and I'd love for them to do the jersey/HoF thing this season. Is that possible? I'd consider coming back to whatever game they'd do that at--lol in advance if it's Savannah State, but since the last game of the season it's a distinct possibility. I sat in the stands at Jack Murphy for JMFM's final game in blue and I would love to be in the stadium when he's welcomed home. I shall wet his feet with my tears.

Comment

I will be there no matter what. McMahon is the greatest Cougar.
                Will donate kidney for B12 membership.

Comment

Originally posted by PaloAltoCougar View Post
                  I love his gracious tweet and I'd love for them to do the jersey/HoF thing this season. Is that possible? I'd consider coming back to whatever game they'd do that at--lol in advance if it's Savannah State, but since the last game of the season it's a distinct possibility. I sat in the stands at Jack Murphy for JMFM's final game in blue and I would love to be in the stadium when he's welcomed home. I shall wet his feet with my tears.
                  I was there- it was halftime at our home game vs Washington w Heaps' first start, when BYU QBs past were honored, and all were there. Jimbo got the most applause by an overwhelming margin. He was reportedly really touched by it, and it was probably the thing that turned the tide on his stiffneckedness re: BYU. Sark was even there, albeit in the visitor's locker room getting mad at his team. It was a great experience.
                  "I'm anti, can't no government handle a commando / Your man don't want it, Trump's a bitch! I'll make his whole brand go under,"

Comment

I'd like in on planning the Number Up on the Stands ceremony. Among other things, I'd do my best to arrange for not only Jim's kids to be there, but also the other two members of the Catholic Trifecta that won the Miracle Bowl (Bill Schoepflin and Clay Brown) along with Danny Plater and any other JMFM teammates who can be there. And certainly Lavell needs to be out there. I envision a scene like the climactic died-and-gone-to-Heaven finish near the end of Man's Search for Happiness. "Sing Haaaaaaaaa...lay...looo....yaaaaaah...."

Comment

Originally posted by PaloAltoCougar View Post
                      I'd like in on planning the Number Up on the Stands ceremony. Among other things, I'd do my best to arrange for not only Jim's kids to be there, but also the other two members of the Catholic Trifecta that won the Miracle Bowl (Bill Schoepflin and Clay Brown) along with Danny Plater and any other JMFM teammates who can be there. And certainly Lavell needs to be out there. I envision a scene like the climactic died-and-gone-to-Heaven finish near the end of Man's Search for Happiness. "Sing Haaaaaaaaa...lay...looo....yaaaaaah...."
                      You need to copy n paste this to @TomHolmoe on twitter before they make other plans!
                      "I'm anti, can't no government handle a commando / Your man don't want it, Trump's a bitch! I'll make his whole brand go under,"

Comment

This should be really cool. The year he attended that Washington game with all the other all-american QB's, Roy HS retired his number that same weekend. My sister was teaching at Roy at the time, and got to meet Jim and all his family. They were really thrilled by the whole thing, since it was the first of any of the teams he played for to induct him into any type of HOF. I'm sure the BYU thing will be a really big deal to them, and I'm glad he's finally going to get the love he deserves.
                        So Russell...what do you love about music? To begin with, everything.

Comment

You go Jimbo!
                          "Guitar groups are on their way out, Mr Epstein."

Upon rejecting the Beatles, Dick Rowe told Brian Epstein of the January 1, 1962 audition for Decca, which signed Brian Poole and the Tremeloes instead.

Comment

Originally posted by SCcoug View Post
                            What game does the number go up?
                            Oh, if they do it at homecoming, I'm going to be mad. That's the one game I have to miss for work this year. Please, any week but that one!
                            Not that, sickos.

Comment

Originally posted by thesaint258 View Post
                              Oh, if they do it at homecoming, I'm going to be mad. That's the one game I have to miss for work this year. Please, any week but that one!
                              It's not all about you!
                              "There is no creature more arrogant than a self-righteous libertarian on the web, am I right? Those folks are just intolerable."
                              "It's no secret that the great American pastime is no longer baseball. Now it's sanctimony." -- Guy Periwinkle, The Nix.
                              "Juilliardk N I ibuprofen Hyu I U unhurt u" - creekster

Comment

Maybe they do it for the USU game? I wonder if its already been planned out.

Comment

Working...
                                X