New Offensive Coordinator for Utah

Collapse
X
 
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts
  • Blueintheface
    Senior Member
    • Sep 2009
    • 15382

    #61
    Why would Erickson or BJ stay on? That makes little to no sense to me. One or both must be moving on shortly.
    "Either evolution or intelligent design can account for the athlete, but neither can account for the sports fan." - Robert Brault

    "Once I seen the trades go down and the other guys signed elsewhere," he said, "I knew it was my time now." - Derrick Favors

    Comment

    • MartyFunkhouser
      Disciple of RNGesus
      • Nov 2008
      • 18747

      #62
      Also from David Canter.

      @ScottyG1280 definitely disappointed by the moves

      Before this news, I disagreed with someone that Utah is a dumpster fire. Now, it is clear that Utah is a dumpster fire.
      As I lead this army, make room for mistakes and depression
      --Kendrick Lamar

      Comment

      • MartyFunkhouser
        Disciple of RNGesus
        • Nov 2008
        • 18747

        #63
        Also from David Canter.

        @ScottyG1280 definitely disappointed by the moves

        Before this news, I disagreed with someone that Utah is a dumpster fire. Now, it is clear that Utah is a dumpster fire.
        As I lead this army, make room for mistakes and depression
        --Kendrick Lamar

        Comment

        • Hot Lunch
          Out of Office
          • Nov 2008
          • 7842

          #64
          Originally posted by Blueintheface View Post
          Why would Erickson or BJ stay on? That makes little to no sense to me. One or both must be moving on shortly.
          BJ would be smart to try and stay. He wouldn't get a job elsewhere. I am fine with BJ leaving.
          "Take it to the Bank"

          Comment

          • MartyFunkhouser
            Disciple of RNGesus
            • Nov 2008
            • 18747

            #65
            Originally posted by Blueintheface View Post
            Why would Erickson or BJ stay on? That makes little to no sense to me. One or both must be moving on shortly.
            I expect Erickson to be gone. BJ is staying because he has no other options.
            As I lead this army, make room for mistakes and depression
            --Kendrick Lamar

            Comment

            • smokymountainrain
              Impressive Member
              • Nov 2008
              • 22593

              #66
              Originally posted by mpfunk View Post
              I expect Erickson to be gone. BJ is staying because he has no other options.
              At his age and having been demoted from his position after less than a year, I'm not convinced Erickson has a ton of options either.
              I'm like LeBron James.
              -mpfunk

              Comment

              • oxcoug
                Dolphins Rape Hipsters
                • Dec 2009
                • 5309

                #67
                Originally posted by Jeff Lebowski View Post
                Wow. He will fit right in with Suspenders Boy.
                Transcription of the :38 seconds might read well.

                To an AFA player:

                "Fuck youuuu..."

                Calhoun (approaching with hand extended): "Nice job..."

                To Calhoun:

                "No, you fuckin fake the fuckin injury nice ethics man go lay on the ground he fuckin walked 20 yards I'd be fuckin scared to death if I had a fucker like you to [inaudible] fuckin puss [or?] great fuckin ethics yeah RIGHT look at me mr fuckin howdy doody get in yer fuckin locker room that's fuckin bullshit you have no fuckin ethics Troy no fuckin integrity WHOOOO! get in yer fuckin press conference ya FLYBOY!"
                Last edited by oxcoug; 12-20-2013, 02:42 PM.
                Ute-ī sunt fīmī differtī

                It can't all be wedding cake.

                Comment

                • New Mexican Disaster
                  Suomalainen
                  • Nov 2008
                  • 4549

                  #68
                  The offense appeared to be getting better this year. Christensen did a really good job as OC at Missouri, that's what got him the WYO job.

                  Comment

                  • SCcoug
                    Senior Member
                    • Nov 2008
                    • 7625

                    #69
                    I wished he would have ended with a nice Joe Glenn salute.

                    Comment

                    • Surfah
                      Where's Wallace?
                      • Nov 2008
                      • 33726

                      #70
                      "Nobody listens to Turtle."
                      -Turtle
                      sigpic

                      Comment

                      • Blueintheface
                        Senior Member
                        • Sep 2009
                        • 15382

                        #71
                        Originally posted by New Mexican Disaster View Post
                        The offense appeared to be getting better this year. Christensen did a really good job as OC at Missouri, that's what got him the WYO job.
                        Honestly his resume isn't a disaster but changing OCs yet again looks like desperation to me, especially coming off of his firing. Whitt hit the panic button way too soon IMO. He was a decent/healthy qb away from having a pretty good season in 2013.
                        "Either evolution or intelligent design can account for the athlete, but neither can account for the sports fan." - Robert Brault

                        "Once I seen the trades go down and the other guys signed elsewhere," he said, "I knew it was my time now." - Derrick Favors

                        Comment

                        • wally
                          <><><><><><><><>
                          • Jun 2010
                          • 4137

                          #72
                          Originally posted by cougjunkie View Post
                          Maybe Whit is setting a new precedence at Utah that demotions are honorable. He wants the next HC to know that he has no problem staying on as DC.
                          Shit, I was just about to make this joke here. looks like I am late by an hour, again.

                          Comment

                          • wapiti
                            Junior Member
                            • Apr 2012
                            • 2064

                            #73
                            From Monson's column in the Tribune:

                            "When contacted by The Tribune for comment regarding his demotion, Erickson was taken by surprise, saying he knew nothing of the development."

                            So Erickson found out from a reporter that he was being demoted. Could this have been handled any worse? I'm guessing he won't be the RB coach next season.

                            Comment

                            • Jeff Lebowski
                              Corporate lackey for Jesus
                              • Nov 2008
                              • 69676

                              #74
                              Originally posted by wapiti View Post
                              From Monson's column in the Tribune:

                              "When contacted by The Tribune for comment regarding his demotion, Erickson was taken by surprise, saying he knew nothing of the development."

                              So Erickson found out from a reporter that he was being demoted. Could this have been handled any worse? I'm guessing he won't be the RB coach next season.
                              Good heavens. Adios, Dennis.
                              "There is no creature more arrogant than a self-righteous libertarian on the web, am I right? Those folks are just intolerable."
                              "It's no secret that the great American pastime is no longer baseball. Now it's sanctimony." -- Guy Periwinkle, The Nix.
                              "Juilliardk N I ibuprofen Hyu I U unhurt u" - creekster

                              Comment

                              • UteStar
                                Sexiest Poster in Town
                                • Nov 2008
                                • 2419

                                #75
                                Originally posted by oxcoug View Post
                                Transcription of the :38 seconds might read well.

                                To an AFA player:

                                "Fuck youuuu..."

                                Calhoun (approaching with hand extended): "Nice job..."

                                To Calhoun:

                                "No, you fuckin fake the fuckin injury nice ethics man go lay on the ground he fuckin walked 20 yards I'd be fuckin scared to death if I had a fucker like you to [inaudible] fuckin puss [or?] great fuckin ethics yeah RIGHT look at me mr fuckin howdy doody get in yer fuckin locker room that's fuckin bullshit you have no fuckin ethics Troy no fuckin integrity WHOOOO! get in yer fuckin press conference ya FLYBOY!"
                                Gentlemanly disagreement.

                                Comment

                                Working...