Wisci Sour: BYU vs. Idaho State in the Hangover Game

Collapse
X
 
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts
  • USUC
    Chronic Poseur
    • Apr 2010
    • 8786

    #16
    Originally posted by Art Vandelay View Post
    It will be hard to get people to the game on Saturday. I think it is smart of BYU to appeal to the many right-wing nutjobs conservatives in Utah County.

    - 9:00am - Tailgate Lot-20 Opens
    - 10:30am - CougarWalk on the East Side of the Stadium
    - 11:00am - Gates Open
    - 12:00pm - Countdown to Kickoff on BYUtv
    - 12:50pm - Senior Introductions
    - 1:00pm - Kickoff
    - Halftime - Gettysburg Address Recitation
    - Post-Game - Senior Blanket presentation
    Lincoln? That habeas corpus suspendin liberal? They should have recitations of selected quotes from Patrick Henry.

    Comment

    • Jeff Lebowski
      Corporate lackey for Jesus
      • Nov 2008
      • 69687

      #17
      Originally posted by USUC View Post
      Lincoln? That habeas corpus suspendin liberal? They should have recitations of selected quotes from Patrick Henry.
      I thought that was pretty funny too. Art needs to bone up on his history and politics. Hasn't he heard about the War of Northern Aggression?
      "There is no creature more arrogant than a self-righteous libertarian on the web, am I right? Those folks are just intolerable."
      "It's no secret that the great American pastime is no longer baseball. Now it's sanctimony." -- Guy Periwinkle, The Nix.
      "Juilliardk N I ibuprofen Hyu I U unhurt u" - creekster

      Comment

      • TripletDaddy
        sweet triple
        • Nov 2008
        • 58186

        #18
        is that serious? a recitation of the G-burg Address? wtf?

        BYU game day sucks.
        Fitter. Happier. More Productive.

        sigpic

        Comment

        • YOhio
          Hipster Mode
          • Nov 2008
          • 26165

          #19
          Cue Uncle Ted finding some obscure Brigham Young quote in which he criticizes Abraham Lincoln.

          Comment

          • TripletDaddy
            sweet triple
            • Nov 2008
            • 58186

            #20
            Would be sweet if they did this version of the G-burg:

            Fitter. Happier. More Productive.

            sigpic

            Comment

            • wapiti
              Junior Member
              • Apr 2012
              • 2064

              #21
              Originally posted by cougjunkie View Post
              This game will be close until kickoff.

              3 things I want to see:

              1. No major injuries
              2. KVN to recover a fumble and block a kick
              3. a shutout
              Speaking of KVN blocking a kick, why wasn't he going after kicks in the Wisconsin game?

              Comment

              • byu71
                Senior Member
                • Nov 2008
                • 22070

                #22
                Originally posted by Katy Lied View Post
                I'm sick of reading BYU71's excuses for not attending games. How many home games have you attended this year, 'xackly? Hmmm? HMMMM?
                Hey. I bought 3 tickets and they have been used every game by myself and or family. Any empty seats aren't my fault!

                Comment

                • YOhio
                  Hipster Mode
                  • Nov 2008
                  • 26165

                  #23
                  If I knew any ISU fans I'd be talking so much shit to them right now. Great joke would be to take all their white board markers and replace them with only blue markers (to remind them of BYU).

                  Comment

                  • YOhio
                    Hipster Mode
                    • Nov 2008
                    • 26165

                    #24
                    Cool picture of Cody Hoffman catching a pass against Idaho State.

                    Comment

                    • Pelado
                      Bald not naked
                      • Sep 2010
                      • 21139

                      #25
                      Originally posted by YOhio View Post
                      If I knew any ISU fans I'd be talking so much shit to them right now. Great joke would be to take all their white board markers and replace them with only blue markers (to remind them of BYU).
                      I know an ISU grad, but he's a Boise State fan.
                      "I think it was King Benjamin who said 'you sorry ass shitbags who have no skills that the market values also have an obligation to have the attitude that if one day you do in fact win the PowerBall Lottery that you will then impart of your substance to those without.'"
                      - Goatnapper'96

                      Comment

                      • lambdacoug
                        Junior Member
                        • Oct 2011
                        • 3981

                        #26
                        Originally posted by YOhio View Post
                        Cool picture of Cody Hoffman catching a pass against Idaho State.

                        It seems like every TD catch this year by Hoffman includes some serious PI.
                        Don't worry about people stealing your ideas. If your ideas are any good, you'll have to ram them down people's throats.
                        - Howard Aiken

                        Any sufficiently complicated platform contains an ad hoc, informally-specified, bug-ridden, slow implementation of half of a functional programming language.
                        - Variation on Greenspun's Tenth Rule

                        Comment

                        • Jeff Lebowski
                          Corporate lackey for Jesus
                          • Nov 2008
                          • 69687

                          #27
                          Originally posted by YOhio View Post
                          If I knew any ISU fans I'd be talking so much shit to them right now. Great joke would be to take all their white board markers and replace them with only blue markers (to remind them of BYU).
                          I don't know any ISU fans either.
                          "There is no creature more arrogant than a self-righteous libertarian on the web, am I right? Those folks are just intolerable."
                          "It's no secret that the great American pastime is no longer baseball. Now it's sanctimony." -- Guy Periwinkle, The Nix.
                          "Juilliardk N I ibuprofen Hyu I U unhurt u" - creekster

                          Comment

                          • YOhio
                            Hipster Mode
                            • Nov 2008
                            • 26165

                            #28
                            Originally posted by Jeff Lebowski View Post
                            I don't know any ISU fans either.
                            Merril Hoge graduated from Idaho State, but I don't know him personally.

                            Comment

                            • RC Vikings
                              Known Heterosexual
                              • Nov 2008
                              • 8789

                              #29
                              Originally posted by YOhio View Post
                              If I knew any ISU fans I'd be talking so much shit to them right now. Great joke would be to take all their white board markers and replace them with only blue markers (to remind them of BYU).
                              I live in eastern Idaho and know ONE Idaho State fan and she is a fan only because her boy is on the team this year. ISU gear is very rare, outside of Pocatello you'll see either Y gear or BSU gear and nothing from ISU.

                              Comment

                              • byu71
                                Senior Member
                                • Nov 2008
                                • 22070

                                #30
                                Is ISU on our schedule every year? Everybody schedules a team like this, so no big deal playing a cupcake. As a matter of fact my kids love cupcakes. I just wonder if it is going to be the same cupcake every year. Not that it matters since a cupcake is a cupcake, I am just curious.

                                Comment

                                Working...