The Official High School Football Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by hostile View Post
    I have a work associate who's son would have been a senior at Bingham this year (separate story; transferred to Murray). We were talking this spring when he told me about the transfers -2 other players transferred- from Bingham to East. Predictably, the coach and team were not happy. I'm sure there was some extra motivation on their part. My son played baseball with East's QB. He has an OK arm but that offense isn't designed to pick up yards quickly through the air.
    East somehow landed Tennessee Pututau from Cottonwood as well.
    *Banned*

Comment

• Originally posted by cougjunkie View Post
      East somehow landed Tennessee Pututau from Cottonwood as well.
      Yeah. And a couple kids from West.

Maybe all their dads are working at East or helping coach?
      "You interns are like swallows. You shit all over my patients for six weeks and then fly off."

"Don't be sorry, it's not your fault. It's my fault for overestimating your competence."

Comment

• Originally posted by hostile View Post
        Yeah. And a couple kids from West.

Maybe all their dads are working at East or helping coach?
        That's what happened with Puka Nacua. He wanted to transfer to Timpview, but the receiver coach owns a landscaping company and hired his mom. So she wouldn't let him. Jeremy Hill over there has been recruiting for years, Vivint owns an apartment that these kids stay in. He brought a bunch over from Hawaii. Not sure if you ever saw his comments:

“We had ten kids, eight starters, leave via free agency,” said Hill.
        Among those were starters Nick Child and CJ Alatini, who both ended up at Timpview and Ma’a Notoa, who is now a Skyridge Falcon. Five additional players moved to Hawaii, setting back the Tigers significantly, especially as far as depth is concerned.
        Left via free agency lol.
        *Banned*

Comment

That's what happened with Puka Nacua. He wanted to transfer to Timpview, but the receiver coach owns a landscaping company and hired his mom. So she wouldn't let him. Jeremy Hill over there has been recruiting for years, Vivint owns an apartment that these kids stay in. He brought a bunch over from Hawaii. Not sure if you ever saw his comments:

That is funny. Going back to AV's statement about the "ambiguous" transfer rules, the UHSAA website lists the reasons a transfer is allowed. Most are pretty straight forward - entire family moves, divorce. There are 2 that are ambiguous, however, and seem to be the common reasons for transferring. One is that the student is the victim of bullying and the other is that the new HS offers a class not taught at the previous school.
          "You interns are like swallows. You shit all over my patients for six weeks and then fly off."

"Don't be sorry, it's not your fault. It's my fault for overestimating your competence."

Comment

• Originally posted by Jeff Lebowski View Post
            No. You just put "doh" between two semicolons. Like this:

Y/W
            That only seems semi-correct

Comment

When Kahuka played Bishop Gorman last year, the nephew of a good friend, and 2 other kids were given a full blown recruiting trip. According to the parents, it was more impressive than most college recruiting visits.

I hope East beats IMG. I can't stand HS like that. The only school I would root for IMG against would be Gorman.

Comment

This might sound crazy since East just lost by 31 points. But if they played 10 times, East wins 7-8. They ran for 250 yards in the first half and that was with a 72 and 80 yarder called back. They fumbled 3 times inside their own 20 on simple handoffs. Credit Bingham for capitalizing, but it will be a closer game come playoff time.

Brayden Cosper looked legit for Bingham. To bad he will only catch about 20 balls in that offense.
                Watching the game, it sure felt like East had a bit of the edge on talent, but Bingham made plays. I'm sort of with SMR that if they played 10 times, I think East at least splits or maybe has the slight edge. But Bingham got them on Friday.

Also, Cosper may be good enough to start for BYU this year. (okay, probably not, but still...)

Comment

• Originally posted by Art Vandelay View Post
                  That only seems semi-correct
                  Haha. Colons!
                  "There is no creature more arrogant than a self-righteous libertarian on the web, am I right? Those folks are just intolerable."
                  "It's no secret that the great American pastime is no longer baseball. Now it's sanctimony." -- Guy Periwinkle, The Nix.
                  "Juilliardk N I ibuprofen Hyu I U unhurt u" - creekster

Comment

This thread is a great reminder of that time PBW and probably Uncle Ted tried to argue that Kyler Murray was a better qb as a high school junior than Taysom.

So Murray is now a redshirt sophomore on his 2nd program. He is going to backup Mayfield this year. His career numbers 686 yards, 5 tds and 7ints, 109.2 qb rating.

Best case scenario he starts as a redshirt junior, that's assuming he beats out Austen Kendall next year.
                    I was shocked to learn that Kyler Murray couldn't beat out a two-time Heisman finalist.
                    “Not the victory but the action. Not the goal but the game. In the deed the glory.”
                    "All things are measured against Nebraska." falafel

Comment

• Originally posted by Paperback Writer View Post
                      I was shocked to learn that Kyler Murray couldn't beat out a two-time Heisman finalist.
                      Lol. When was Kyle Allen a Heisman finalist? He couldn't beat him out either. The best qb in history should have no problem beating out a guy like Allen or even a Jc transfer like Hubenak.
                      *Banned*

Comment

• With Jr starting for JV and our HS all of a sudden having 4 kids with P5 offers, I'm more excited about HS football than I've been in a long time.
                        Get confident, stupid
                        -landpoke

Comment

• Originally posted by HuskyFreeNorthwest View Post
                          With Jr starting for JV and our HS all of a sudden having 4 kids with P5 offers, I'm more excited about HS football than I've been in a long time.
                          hs football is fun
                          Te Occidere Possunt Sed Te Edere Non Possunt Nefas Est.

Comment

Lol. When was Kyle Allen a Heisman finalist? He couldn't beat him out either. The best qb in history should have no problem beating out a guy like Allen or even a Jc transfer like Hubenak.
                            I think Hubenak only played after both Allen and Murray decided to transfer from Texas A&M. Will be interesting to see how Allen does playing for Houston this fall; he was rated by some to be the top QB recruit in the nation out of high school. Murray will have his opportunity at OU after Mayfield goes to the NFL after this season. No doubt Taysom Hill is the best QB of this bunch.
                            “Not the victory but the action. Not the goal but the game. In the deed the glory.”
                            "All things are measured against Nebraska." falafel

Comment

• Originally posted by Paperback Writer View Post
                              I think Hubenak only played after both Allen and Murray decided to transfer from Texas A&M. Will be interesting to see how Allen does playing for Houston this fall; he was rated by some to be the top QB recruit in the nation out of high school. Murray will have his opportunity at OU after Mayfield goes to the NFL after this season. No doubt Taysom Hill is the best QB of this bunch.
                              Come on, you are moving the goal posts again. You said that this kid was better than Taysom when he was still in HS and Taysom was in college.
                              "There is no creature more arrogant than a self-righteous libertarian on the web, am I right? Those folks are just intolerable."
                              "It's no secret that the great American pastime is no longer baseball. Now it's sanctimony." -- Guy Periwinkle, The Nix.
                              "Juilliardk N I ibuprofen Hyu I U unhurt u" - creekster

Comment

• Sad story about Hillcrest's head coach. He had been at my son's school during his freshman year. He is a great guy. Such a tough loss for his family.
                                http://www.deseretnews.com/article/8...s-success.html

Comment

Working...
                                X