Breaking Badger: BYU vs. Wisconsin

Collapse
X
 
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts
  • scottie
    Junior Member
    • Nov 2008
    • 5247

    #451
    Originally posted by oxcoug View Post
    Uh, Rod. Why would they consider 2 pts AT ALL you retarded dick.
    Listening to color commentators like him and whomever is doing it for the Ute game make you appreciate the few good color guys out there. Rod Gilmore is horrible.

    Comment

    • CardiacCoug
      вот так штука
      • Nov 2008
      • 11013

      #452
      Originally posted by LiveCoug View Post
      That was just weird. What in the world were we trying to do on that final drive? Oh well. Wisky is just a better team.
      FG by BYU at the end would have been nice for those who took BYU +7.5 or more. I don't get the coaching decisions at the end either -- but the punt into the end zone from the 33-yard line in the first half was equally awful to anything in the second half.

      The better team won. BYU's offensive line isn't very good. Funny how Heaps and Apo were supposed to be world beaters and neither is very good at the D-1 level.

      Comment

      • PaloAltoCougar
        Semper infra dignitatem
        • Nov 2008
        • 16935

        #453
        Originally posted by CardiacCoug View Post
        FG by BYU at the end would have been nice for those who took BYU +7.5 or more. I don't get the coaching decisions at the end either -- but the punt into the end zone from the 33-yard line in the first half was equally awful to anything in the second half.

        The better team won. BYU's offensive line isn't very good. Funny how Heaps and Apo were supposed to be world beaters and neither is very good at the D-1 level.
        Is there a reason punters (not just Arellano) kick short punts toward the goal posts instead of the corner? I see that a lot and I don't get it. That one in today's game, resulting in about an 11-yard change in field position, was especially galling.

        Comment

        • YOhio
          Hipster Mode
          • Nov 2008
          • 26165

          #454
          Tough loss. But time to put it behind us. Got a big game against Idaho state!

          Comment

          • pellegrino
            miserere me
            • Jan 2009
            • 12100

            #455
            The only thing I'm really frustrated with about this game are a few coaching decisions that everyone has already noted and that last defensive holding / pass interference call where they picked the flag up saying it was un-catchable. I know the outcome was basically decided at that point, but it bothers me to no end when refs make bone head calls like that.

            Oh, and Rod Gilmore was as douchy as they come.
            Dio perdona tante cose per un’opera di misericordia
            God forgives many things for an act of mercy
            Alessandro Manzoni

            Knock it off. This board has enough problems without a dose of middle-age lechery.

            pelagius

            Comment

            • cougjunkie
              *Banned*
              • Nov 2008
              • 23223

              #456
              I have to admit when Apo tried to catch that out route by bringing it in to his body two handed, I thought of d-hole. He looked like a 7 year old playing catch with his dad.


              Notice how Hoff goes up and gets it at the highest point with his hands.
              Sent from my SPH-L710 using Tapatalk 2
              *Banned*

              Comment

              • Sizzle
                #ThisIsY
                • Nov 2008
                • 9004

                #457
                Originally posted by PaloAltoCougar View Post
                Is there a reason punters (not just Arellano) kick short punts toward the goal posts instead of the corner? I see that a lot and I don't get it. That one in today's game, resulting in about an 11-yard change in field position, was especially galling.
                Yes. You are trying to give players a chance to down the punt inside the 5. Kicking it to the sideline essentially negates half of your coverage team.

                Comment

                • PaloAltoCougar
                  Semper infra dignitatem
                  • Nov 2008
                  • 16935

                  #458
                  Originally posted by Sizzle View Post
                  Yes. You are trying to give players a chance to down the punt inside the 5. Kicking it to the sideline essentially negates half of your coverage team.
                  I wondered if that was the case. But Arellano is a big step back from last year with respect to the pooch punt. I wonder if BYU'd be better of if he just aimed for the ten...

                  Comment

                  • cougjunkie
                    *Banned*
                    • Nov 2008
                    • 23223

                    #459
                    Originally posted by PaloAltoCougar View Post
                    I wondered if that was the case. But Arellano is a big step back from last year with respect to the pooch punt. I wonder if BYU'd be better of if he just aimed for the ten...
                    Arellano is lucky when the ball hits his foot. Any contact is a win for byu.
                    Sent from my SPH-L710 using Tapatalk 2
                    *Banned*

                    Comment

                    • PaloAltoCougar
                      Semper infra dignitatem
                      • Nov 2008
                      • 16935

                      #460
                      Originally posted by cougjunkie View Post
                      Arellano is lucky when the ball hits his foot. Any contact is a win for byu.
                      Sent from my SPH-L710 using Tapatalk 2
                      Honestly, that's true. I'm satisfied the punting hasn't been a disaster. Just wish it were a plus. Of course, he did have a 62-yard blast today, due perhaps to the returner underestimating him.

                      Comment

                      • cougjunkie
                        *Banned*
                        • Nov 2008
                        • 23223

                        #461
                        Originally posted by PaloAltoCougar View Post
                        Honestly, that's true. I'm satisfied the punting hasn't been a disaster. Just wish it were a plus. Of course, he did have a 62-yard blast today, due perhaps to the returner underestimating him.
                        Stephenson spoiled us. That is for sure.

                        Sent from my SPH-L710 using Tapatalk 2
                        *Banned*

                        Comment

                        • oxcoug
                          Dolphins Rape Hipsters
                          • Dec 2009
                          • 5309

                          #462
                          Big upside tonight: Finally chalked up a loss to a team with a winning record.
                          Ute-ī sunt fīmī differtī

                          It can't all be wedding cake.

                          Comment

                          • Commando
                            Explosivo
                            • Feb 2009
                            • 20748

                            #463
                            Jump Around has to be the most overrated college football tradition ever. And Badger fans are gaping assholes. That's pretty much it.
                            "I'm anti, can't no government handle a commando / Your man don't want it, Trump's a bitch! I'll make his whole brand go under,"

                            Comment

                            • cougjunkie
                              *Banned*
                              • Nov 2008
                              • 23223

                              #464
                              Sounds like Hadley is done. Duane Busby said heart goes out to him this can be a cruel game.

                              Sent from my SPH-L710 using Tapatalk 2
                              *Banned*

                              Comment

                              • USUC
                                Chronic Poseur
                                • Apr 2010
                                • 8784

                                #465
                                Originally posted by cougjunkie View Post
                                Sounds like Hadley is done. Duane Busby said heart goes out to him this can be a cruel game.

                                Sent from my SPH-L710 using Tapatalk 2
                                Season/BYU career ending or football career ending?

                                Comment

                                Working...