No announcement yet.

The Official BYU 2014 Death to MOST of Those Who Meet Us Watch Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I think Sae Tautu is another kid that will get some time next year.

I was really impressed by Marques Johnson against Ga. Tech. He was dominant in that game.

My early early prediction at the defensive two deep next year:

CBs: Starters: Johnson, Trammell, Backups: Lee and Davis (we may see Reilly and Bateman sneak in as well)
    Safeties: Starters: Bills, Daniel, Backups: Badger, Wadsworth (Kai Nacua has looked good on special teams he could play a factor)
    OLBs: Starters: Fua, Alisa (Yep that Alisa) backups: Tautu, Kautai The rest is unknown but I do think Heder, Hinds, JLD, and Tyler Cook will be in the mix.
    MLBs: Starters: Pikula and Fred Warner, Backups: JLD, Joey Owens,
    DE: Starters: Peck, Kaufusi, Backups: Holt, Theodore King, Rowley,
    DTs: Starter: Johnson backups: Peoples, Kanuch, Tomasi Laulile, Redshirt Tuiloma to get his legs back.
    *Banned*

Comment

Is there a reason to think that Peoples will be gone next year?
      Fitter. Happier. More Productive.

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by TripletDaddy View Post
        Only that those that have met him believe him to be sane. Most sane people don't move from Idaho to Utah. I think most can make some type of transitive property association......

ARISE YE NOBLE SONS OF THE 208!
        Do Your Damnedest In An Ostentatious Manner All The Time!
        -General George S. Patton

I'm choosing to mostly ignore your fatuity here and instead overwhelm you with so much data that you'll maybe, just maybe, realize that you have reams to read on this subject before you can contribute meaningfully to any conversation on this topic.
        -DOCTOR Wuap

Comment

Originally posted by cougjunkie View Post
          I think Sae Tautu is another kid that will get some time next year.

I was really impressed by Marques Johnson against Ga. Tech. He was dominant in that game.

My early early prediction at the defensive two deep next year:

CBs: Starters: Johnson, Trammell, Backups: Lee and Davis (we may see Reilly and Bateman sneak in as well)
          Safeties: Starters: Bills, Daniel, Backups: Badger, Wadsworth (Kai Nacua has looked good on special teams he could play a factor)
          OLBs: Starters: Fua, Alisa (Yep that Alisa) backups: Tautu, Kautai The rest is unknown but I do think Heder, Hinds, JLD, and Tyler Cook will be in the mix.
          MLBs: Starters: Pikula and Fred Warner, Backups: JLD, Joey Owens,
          DE: Starters: Peck, Kaufusi, Backups: Holt, Theodore King, Rowley,
          DTs: Starter: Johnson backups: Peoples, Kanuch, Tomasi Laulile, Redshirt Tuiloma to get his legs back.
          I agree on Alisa doing more good for BYU at OLB and have been of that opinion since Spring ball last year.

I thought Fred Warner was 6'3" and really fast, seems to me he is more of an OLB and it appears to me that at BYU the ILB position requires much more mentally. Also if Leavitt isn't going on a mission I think he and Badger are the safeties that will play after Robertson Daniel and Bills.

As far as ILB goes I have no clue who will be either ILB or OLB, as my above comments indicate. It will be a relatively interesting spring ball at both LB positions. My guess is they will have Fua basically sit out and eat some food, stringcheese while they figure out who or what is going to play at that position next year.

Tuiloma has already redshirted. My guess is next years DL consists of these players:

DE: Peck, Kaufusi, Utu, Peoples
          NT: Johnson, Tuiloma, Kanuch

I'm choosing to mostly ignore your fatuity here and instead overwhelm you with so much data that you'll maybe, just maybe, realize that you have reams to read on this subject before you can contribute meaningfully to any conversation on this topic.
          -DOCTOR Wuap

Comment

Originally posted by Goatnapper'96 View Post
            Only that those that have met him believe him to be sane. Most sane people don't move from Idaho to Utah. I think most can make some type of transitive property association......

ARISE YE NOBLE SONS OF THE 208!
            Sane people don't dye a skunk stripe into their hair, either.
            Fitter. Happier. More Productive.

sigpic

Comment

I think the trepidation stems from the 3-hour tour he took of Gilligan's Island the Utah facilities. That and he seems to be a free spirit of sorts. While other free spirits have succeeded at BYU, many have not.

And we're the second most paranoid fanbase in the country.
              "Either evolution or intelligent design can account for the athlete, but neither can account for the sports fan." - Robert Brault

"Once I seen the trades go down and the other guys signed elsewhere," he said, "I knew it was my time now." - Derrick Favors

Comment

Sane people don't dye a skunk stripe into their hair, either.
                LOL!

-DOCTOR Wuap

Comment

Originally posted by Blueintheface View Post
                  I think the trepidation stems from the 3-hour tour he took of Gilligan's Island the Utah facilities. That and he seems to be a free spirit of sorts. While other free spirits have succeeded at BYU, many have not.

I wish he'd just be patient. I think he'll be an important cog next year if he'll stick it out.
                  Will donate kidney for B12 membership.

Comment

You use paranoid I use another "p" word.

-DOCTOR Wuap

Comment

When was this tour?

-DOCTOR Wuap

Comment

Ask any player and they will tell you the redshirt year is by far the hardest thing they went through. If it is a non-lds kid at BYU times that by about 10.

You are asked to do everything the team does, workouts at 6am, attend every practice, tutoring sessions, you are getting acclimated to college life, first time away from home, film study, trying to learn a complex playbook, remembering to shave, if you are AA you have pretty white girls throwing themselves at you but you're not allowed to partake. All of this is going on and yet come Saturday when it is supposed to payoff if the team is at home you are asked to be in full uniform and stand on the sidelines knowing you won't play. If they are on the road you get to watch it on TV with all the pimple faced arm chair qbs in your dorm.

Throw in the fact that you are 6 months removed from being the big man on campus at your high school of course kids are murmuring and not always happy.
                        *Banned*

Comment

I'm predicting that Stout will be back next year and a factor at inside backer.
                          So Russell...what do you love about music? To begin with, everything.

Comment

Originally posted by MarkGrace View Post
                            I'm predicting that Stout will be back next year and a factor at inside backer.
                            Good for Stout if true, but has he ever stayed healthy at BYU? I hope he is back and on the team, growing up, getting educated and progressing towards a good adult life instead of being a stupid punk kid.

However, I still think the ILBs who are going to contribute will come from JLD, Manoa Pikula, Amone, Ho-Ching, Heder and Teu Kautai. I also think boobs are in! But I really have no clue what is going on.

Does anyone know if Mendenhall is pursuing any JC help at either ILB or OLB? That would at least be an indicator of how he views the talent he plans to have on hand.

-DOCTOR Wuap

Comment

Originally posted by cougjunkie View Post
                              Ask any player and they will tell you the redshirt year is by far the hardest thing they went through. If it is a non-lds kid at BYU times that by about 10.

You are asked to do everything the team does, workouts at 6am, attend every practice, tutoring sessions, you are getting acclimated to college life, first time away from home, film study, trying to learn a complex playbook, remembering to shave, if you are AA you have pretty white girls throwing themselves at you but you're not allowed to partake. All of this is going on and yet come Saturday when it is supposed to payoff if the team is at home you are asked to be in full uniform and stand on the sidelines knowing you won't play. If they are on the road you get to watch it on TV with all the pimple faced arm chair qbs in your dorm.

Throw in the fact that you are 6 months removed from being the big man on campus at your high school of course kids are murmuring and not always happy.
                              Right, "not allowed to." Yet all of them are hitting that shit. Goes in the plus column, if anything.

Comment

Originally posted by byu71 View Post

If we go undefeated, is the schedule good enough to get us to a BCS game?
                                The 2014 season starts now.

If Hill keeps improving and the team looks dangerous in some more big wins, they may get to start next year ranked. If they start the year ranked and are being discussed as a dark horse team to make a big impact, then they are in a MUCH better place than this years team was. I believe that is true even though this years schedule looks much tougher. Lots of how you finish in CFB has to do with where you start. (And it's easier to win easy games)
                                Last edited by Vic Vega; 10-15-2013, 03:06 PM.

Comment

Working...
                                X