No announcement yet.

Anae back at BYU

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I like the fact that Anae has spent the last year under Rich Rod.

Comment

No one has said it yet, so I will say it. This is a tacit acknowledgment of how Bronco has allowed this program to come apart (we can debate the extent) and become completely confused about its identity under Bronco Mendenhall over the last two years. I'm very happy Anae is coming back and was upset when he left. Bronco comes off at worst a horrible manager of personnel and at best an aloof and disconnected figurehead that allowed petty infighting to run off a more talented and senior staff member in favor of a more junior but longer tenured staff member. The optics here are horrible for Bronco.

Anae will be the next head coach at BYU.

Comment

I liked this tweet:

Greg Wrubell (@gregwrubell) tweeted at 10:51 AM on Fri, Jan 04, 2013:
        Anae process had been in works for a while; multiple meetings, to GA level, etc. Doman also interviewed to keep his old job.

Sent from a Jelly Bean
        Don't worry about people stealing your ideas. If your ideas are any good, you'll have to ram them down people's throats.
        - Howard Aiken

Any sufficiently complicated platform contains an ad hoc, informally-specified, bug-ridden, slow implementation of half of a functional programming language.
        - Variation on Greenspun's Tenth Rule

Comment

Jeff Call was interviewed on the radio and said this was not Bronco's decision, it was Holmoe's. Not sure is that means that Bronco still wanted Brandon as the OC though. If true this makes it twice that Holmoe has told Bronco who his OC will be.

Comment

I'm the furthest thing from a BYU insider, but I fancy BYU football nearly as much as my Rhinos (rugby in the North of England for you yanks). I wonder perchance if this was Brother Holmoe exerting influence over The Bronco (he is forevermore in my mind, "The Bronco". no self respecting person could simply be "Bronco"...you must be "The Bronco")?

I'm glad the fellow is back. He was solid. BYU would have been a top 10 team this year with him at the helm of the offensive squad.

Comment

Originally posted by USU Coug View Post
              Jeff Call was interviewed on the radio and said this was not Bronco's decision, it was Holmoe's. Not sure is that means that Bronco still wanted Brandon as the OC though. If true this makes it twice that Holmoe has told Bronco who his OC will be.
              At BYU, your boss won't let you do your job, so to keep from being bored, you have to do your employee's jobs for them.

Comment

I am still holding hope we get detmer on some how.

Comment

Originally posted by USU Coug View Post
                  And both times it was Dr. Bob Anae (as you said, if true).

Comment

Based on todays tweets, Lark is not a Doman fan.
                    Do you guys really think Holmoe is telling Bronco who he must hire? Seems unlikely.

Comment

Originally posted by Jacob View Post
                      Based on todays tweets, Lark is not a Doman fan.
                      Do you guys really think Holmoe is telling Bronco who he must hire? Seems unlikely.
                      As Clark said above it wouldn't be the first time.

Comment

I haven't heard that Holmoe forced Bronco to hire Anae, but I have heard that he forced him to make a change. Bronco may not care about boosters, but Holmoe does, and that is what is driving the change.
                        "The first thing I learned upon becoming a head coach after fifteen years as an assistant was the enormous difference between making a suggestion and making a decision."

"They talk about the economy this year. Hey, my hairline is in recession, my waistline is in inflation. Altogether, I'm in a depression."

"I like to bike. I could beat Lance Armstrong, only because he couldn't pass me if he was behind me."

-Rick Majerus

Comment

Originally posted by wapiti View Post
                          I like the fact that Anae has spent the last year under Rich Rod.
                          Me too.

Originally posted by Jarid in Cedar View Post
                          I haven't heard that Holmoe forced Bronco to hire Anae, but I have heard that he forced him to make a change. Bronco may not care about boosters, but Holmoe does, and that is what is driving the change.
                          I think this is the most likely scenario. But total bonus points if Holmoe told Bronco it was his priesthood duty to rehire Anae.
                          Awesomeness now has a name. Let me introduce myself.

Comment

Originally posted by Jarid in Cedar View Post
                            Anae was hired before Bronco. Bronco never had any say.
                            A man who views the world the same at fifty as he did at twenty has wasted thirty years of his life. - Mohammad Ali

Comment

Originally posted by CJF View Post
                              Anae was hired before Bronco. Bronco never had any say.
                              I know. I am talking about today's hiring of Anae.
                              "The first thing I learned upon becoming a head coach after fifteen years as an assistant was the enormous difference between making a suggestion and making a decision."

"They talk about the economy this year. Hey, my hairline is in recession, my waistline is in inflation. Altogether, I'm in a depression."

"I like to bike. I could beat Lance Armstrong, only because he couldn't pass me if he was behind me."

-Rick Majerus

Comment

Originally posted by pellegrino View Post
                                I can't see Doman staying with the team simply because his pride won't let him. Even if he does stay with the team, his pride will cause friction that won't be good.
                                Where's he going to go? He has 5 years as bishop left.

Comment

Working...
                                X