Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by MarkGrace View Post
    Ouch.
    Get ready for Hoffman to have a re-break-out senior season!
    Ain't it like most people, I'm no different. We love to talk on things we don't know about.

"The only one of us who is so significant that Jeff owes us something simply because he decided to grace us with his presence is falafel." -- All-American

GIVE 'EM HELL, BRIGHAM!

Comment

• Originally posted by Indy Coug View Post
      You might also recall that BYU gave up 8 sacks, despite the short passing game. I'm sure that if we tried longer passes that required more time to throw things would have worked out just swimmingly.
      "Sure, I fought. I had to fight all my life just to survive. They were all against me. Tried every dirty trick to cut me down, but I beat the bastards and left them in the ditch."

- Ty Cobb

Comment

• At work and don't have time to review the thread or much of the board, so sorry if old obvious news. Twitter seems to indicate via a few trustworthy-ish sources that the QB coaching position has been offered to Utah's Roderick and that he is deciding between offers from Wisconsin, BYU and Hawaii. Offer seems to indicate Doman will not be taking that position.

Comment

• Originally posted by SteelBlue View Post
          At work and don't have time to review the thread or much of the board, so sorry if old obvious news. Twitter seems to indicate via a few trustworthy-ish sources that the QB coaching position has been offered to Utah's Roderick and that he is deciding between offers from Wisconsin, BYU and Hawaii. Offer seems to indicate Doman will not be taking that position.
          Those are three pretty fun offers to have. If he loves BYU and his local roots, BYU is great.

But I'd have to think Wisconsin is the best career move for him.
          Ute-ī sunt fīmī differtī

It can't all be wedding cake.

Comment

• Originally posted by oxcoug View Post
            Those are three pretty fun offers to have. If he loves BYU and his local roots, BYU is great.

But I'd have to think Wisconsin is the best career move for him.
            His wife is an assistant coach for the Utah women's soccer team. That might give him some incentive to stay local.
            Ain't it like most people, I'm no different. We love to talk on things we don't know about.

"The only one of us who is so significant that Jeff owes us something simply because he decided to grace us with his presence is falafel." -- All-American

GIVE 'EM HELL, BRIGHAM!

Comment

• Originally posted by falafel View Post
              His wife is an assistant coach for the Utah women's soccer team. That might give him some incentive to stay local.
              His wife is no longer a coach for the U's soccer team.

Also, don't assume that he's going to take one of these jobs, he could very well stay at the U. I'm not saying he won't leave, but some of the posts here that are debating which of the jobs he will leave the U for are getting a bit ahead of themselves.

Comment

• Bill Riley is saying that Roderick hasn't spoken to either BYU or Wisconsin. Jay Drew also pointed out that he's making $200K/year at Utah. I doubt he'll be coming to BYU.

Comment

• Football Scoop says Doman is gone.

Word at the AFCA convention is that offensive coordinator / quarterbacks coach Brandon Doman will not remain as part of the staff.

Comment

• Remember when Hot Lunch said Doman was the one coach BYU could absolutely not afford to lose? I'd love to hear his take on all of this. HL, care to chime in?
                    So Russell...what do you love about music? To begin with, everything.

Comment

• I am absolutely shocked that Anae wouldn't want Brutus to be on his staff.
                      "The first thing I learned upon becoming a head coach after fifteen years as an assistant was the enormous difference between making a suggestion and making a decision."

"They talk about the economy this year. Hey, my hairline is in recession, my waistline is in inflation. Altogether, I'm in a depression."

"I like to bike. I could beat Lance Armstrong, only because he couldn't pass me if he was behind me."

-Rick Majerus

Comment

• Originally posted by San Juan Sun View Post
                        Translation: "Gee you're right, we were screwed no matter what on the road against a team of that caliber with the assortment of scrubs and inexperienced players we had on offense."
                        Everything in life is an approximation.

http://twitter.com/CougarStats

Comment

• Originally posted by Scratch View Post
                          His wife is no longer a coach for the U's soccer team.

Also, don't assume that he's going to take one of these jobs, he could very well stay at the U. I'm not saying he won't leave, but some of the posts here that are debating which of the jobs he will leave the U for are getting a bit ahead of themselves.
                          Of course. I said it was an incentive to "stay local." That obviously includes Utah. Roderick has made some odd decisions over the years in favor of staying at Utah. No reason to think he won't stay there this time.

GIVE 'EM HELL, BRIGHAM!

Comment

• Originally posted by YOhio View Post
                            Football Scoop says Doman is gone.
                            I would say that is for the best. I can't imagine he and Anae working well together after all this. Its like getting a divorce and then buying a house in your ex's ward boundaries.

GIVE 'EM HELL, BRIGHAM!

Comment

• Originally posted by Blueintheface View Post
                              I'm expecting Riley Nelson to be our QB's coach. Embrace the inevitable horror, Cougar fans.
                              I invite you to go have relations with yourself.

Comment

• More Roderick rumors? Good grief, this guy must have the greatest agent in the world.

Comment

Working...
                                X