No announcement yet.

Anae back at BYU

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Sometimes it is tough dealing with mental midgets.

I hestitate to make the point as there are some of you who still won't grasp and will delight in coming back with a smart ass comment.

Here was the point that I will admit would have taken a bit of thought to get instead of the immediate pavlovian response.

As PK said this morning, BYU's problem wasn't as much Doman as it was the talent on the offense. Anae was very good when he had the talent, not much above average when he didn't.

I don't know and neither do any of you genuises know how good an OC Doman would have been if he had the talent on offense that Anae had some of those years.

Now stretch your feeble minds a bit further. Where is BYU's natural draw. That's right, LDS kids. Now stretch your minds a bit farther, is it possible two future 1st round LDS kids could be on the offensive side of the ball.

It was a simple question that goes to our ability to recruit and get talent. In the future, what do you think the odds will be if there are two LDS first rounders, we get one of them?

I hope there is enough in this post for those of you who like to make one sentence smart ass comments to chew on.

Comment

• Originally posted by byu71 View Post
      Sometimes it is tough dealing with mental midgets.

I hestitate to make the point as there are some of you who still won't grasp and will delight in coming back with a smart ass comment.

Here was the point that I will admit would have taken a bit of thought to get instead of the immediate pavlovian response.

As PK said this morning, BYU's problem wasn't as much Doman as it was the talent on the offense. Anae was very good when he had the talent, not much above average when he didn't.

I don't know and neither do any of you genuises know how good an OC Doman would have been if he had the talent on offense that Anae had some of those years.

Now stretch your feeble minds a bit further. Where is BYU's natural draw. That's right, LDS kids. Now stretch your minds a bit farther, is it possible two future 1st round LDS kids could be on the offensive side of the ball.

It was a simple question that goes to our ability to recruit and get talent. In the future, what do you think the odds will be if there are two LDS first rounders, we get one of them?

I hope there is enough in this post for those of you who like to make one sentence smart ass comments to chew on.
      lol.
      "There is no creature more arrogant than a self-righteous libertarian on the web, am I right? Those folks are just intolerable."
      "It's no secret that the great American pastime is no longer baseball. Now it's sanctimony." -- Guy Periwinkle, The Nix.
      "Juilliardk N I ibuprofen Hyu I U unhurt u" - creekster

Comment

I think the odds are good. Damn good.
        Everything in life is an approximation.

http://twitter.com/CougarStats

Comment

• Originally posted by PaloAltoCougar View Post
          Off the point a bit, but weren't Shawn Knight and Jason Buck (first rounders in '87) both LDS kids? And if one included the NFL Supplemental Draft, BYU had three first rounders in '84 (Shell, Young and Hudson).
          I guess I should have indicated I meant the odds for us in the future. I haven't got one response yet as to those odds in the future. Instead I have gotten back being called a pussy. I don't even get the connection. Non pussy's don't ask questions?

Comment

• Originally posted by Indy Coug View Post
            I think the odds are good. Damn good.
            Sweet. The odds of us getting to a BCS bowl just went up.

Comment

I guess I should have indicated I meant the odds for us in the future. I haven't got one response yet as to those odds in the future. Instead I have gotten back being called a pussy. I don't even get the connection. Non pussy's don't ask questions?

Comment

Sweet. The odds of us getting to a BCS bowl just went up.
                Yes. They went from 0.01% to 0.05%. Bask in our impending glory.

Comment

• Originally posted by YOhio View Post
                  that's it. An emoticon or whatever they are called. Not even a short sentence.:finger3:

Comment

• Originally posted by Indy Coug View Post
                    Yes. They went from 0.01% to 0.05%. Bask in our impending glory.
                    Now that was good. I also understand why the sit on my butt watch the game on TV fan, like yourself, wouldn't really be interested in the quality of recruits.

Comment

I think the talent and performance at OL could be better. I also think the utilization of talent at qb could have been better. I actually think that the talent at every skill position, sans rb, is pretty good. There have been some injuries and developmental issues but I fundamentally believe that BYU is not as far from being talented as your post indicates. That is not to say that there haven't been recruiting shortcomings, mostly IMO at RB and OL (although I think part of the OL problems were injuries the past two years). I don't think qb recruiting has sucked. I really believe that the mixture of poor coordination and some unlucky injuries that magnified the poor coordination resulted in an absolute mess. Other than at RB, until Jamal Williams, most of the kids playing offense for BYU were all relatively well recruited. Certainly not a great deal of elite recruits but a bevy of kids recruited by Pac-10 schools etc. Honestly, the offense was full of good freshman that looked like it had a bright future when Anae left. Two years later we are asking if the real cause of the problems on offense were a lack of talent?

I think that the Jake Heaps year was one of BYU's best recruiting classes ever. Unfortunately, it blew up in BYU's face and I think one of the causes was poor program management and the chief architect of that is Mendenhall. I think he is trying to fix it but there is no telling if he will be successful. One side of the ball got fixed but in efforts to fix the other he made it worse. Robert Anae was a very safe hire for him as it ensures BYU returns to that level of good play that infuriates the hard core fan unable to live with good due to the intoxicating allure of greatness. Now the two years of recruiting since 2010 were both underwhelming and this year looks likewise so I agree with you if your point is BYU needs to improve recruiting. My hope is a more consistent offensive performance will lead to the allure of better recruits, not to mention the efforts to pacify all of the angry Polys who think BYU is not treating their loved ones with respect. Or at least the vocal angry Poly's.
                      Do Your Damnedest In An Ostentatious Manner All The Time!
                      -General George S. Patton

I'm choosing to mostly ignore your fatuity here and instead overwhelm you with so much data that you'll maybe, just maybe, realize that you have reams to read on this subject before you can contribute meaningfully to any conversation on this topic.
                      -DOCTOR Wuap

Comment

Now that was good. I also understand why the sit on my butt watch the game on TV fan, like yourself, wouldn't really be interested in the quality of recruits.
                        Yeah, I don't care about the quality of recruits.

Comment

that's it. An emoticon or whatever they are called. Not even a short sentence.:finger3:
                          Don't worry about people stealing your ideas. If your ideas are any good, you'll have to ram them down people's throats.
                          - Howard Aiken

Any sufficiently complicated platform contains an ad hoc, informally-specified, bug-ridden, slow implementation of half of a functional programming language.
                          - Variation on Greenspun's Tenth Rule

Comment

You are a pussy because you are unable to grasp where BYU stands in the world and you wander around commenting, sometimes with questions but your uh-VIRGIN, to proper punctuation leaves me wondering sometimes if you asking questions (?) or making statements (.). Regardless, BYU is a good program with good potential if it is properly leveraged. Mendenhall came close for a while but the reality is he might not have what it takes no matter if Norm Chow came back to be his OC.

But even when BYU does get to a BCS Bowl, you will still be a pussy. There is no question (?) about it!!!!!!!
                            Do Your Damnedest In An Ostentatious Manner All The Time!
                            -General George S. Patton

I'm choosing to mostly ignore your fatuity here and instead overwhelm you with so much data that you'll maybe, just maybe, realize that you have reams to read on this subject before you can contribute meaningfully to any conversation on this topic.
                            -DOCTOR Wuap

Comment

Think of me of the do-nothing uncle in the old bathrobe who walks through the kitchen during an intense family argument and offers irritating and pointless observations. Things like "the plural of 'pussy' is 'pussies' or 'pussi'." I'm going back to my room now.

Comment

• Originally posted by Goatnapper'96 View Post
                                You are a pussy because you are unable to grasp where BYU stands in the world and you wander around commenting, sometimes with questions but your uh-VIRGIN, to proper punctuation leaves me wondering sometimes if you asking questions (?) or making statements (.). Regardless, BYU is a good program with good potential if it is properly leveraged. Mendenhall came close for a while but the reality is he might not have what it takes no matter if Norm Chow came back to be his OC.

But even when BYU does get to a BCS Bowl, you will still be a pussy. There is no question (?) about it!!!!!!!
                                :box:

Comment

Working...
                                X