BYU's north star.

Collapse
X
 
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts
  • Viking
    Banned
    • Jun 2009
    • 6470

    #16
    Originally posted by OrangeUte View Post
    I'm curious... What happened with Samuelson that thwarted BYU's efforts to join a bigger league?
    You're in a position to know, so you tell us.

    Comment

    • Scratch
      Junior Member
      • Sep 2012
      • 173

      #17
      Originally posted by venkman View Post
      Our north star is to effin win. If we do, we'll get picked up by one of the big boys in the next couple of years.
      That model certainly worked for Maryland and Boise.

      Comment

      • UtahJazzFan88
        Jazz | Utes | Raiders
        • Oct 2011
        • 1678

        #18
        Originally posted by LiveCoug View Post
        It shocked me to see so many votes for MWC until I clicked to see the names and noticed that a lot of the MWC voters are not BYU fans.
        If the Big East option gets vote, I think we all know who that's probably going to be.

        Originally posted by Scratch View Post
        That model certainly worked for Maryland and Boise.
        It certainly doesn't hurt. Does a conference like the Big 12 go after TCU if they aren't winning (obviously you have to be in the right situation besides just winning in a lower conference), making BCS bowls, etc?
        Last edited by UtahJazzFan88; 11-20-2012, 06:02 PM.

        Comment

        • Coach McGuirk
          1
          • Nov 2008
          • 12109

          #19
          Originally posted by The_Douger View Post
          We were waiting for you to tell us why we shouldn't be mad at him before continuing with that line of thinking.
          He did tell us.

          Comment

          • The_Douger
            Athletic Supporter
            • Jun 2012
            • 5413

            #20
            Did he? I must have missed it.



            This was the comment I was referring to.
            Last edited by The_Douger; 11-20-2012, 06:26 PM.
            Will donate kidney for B12 membership.

            Comment

            • TripletDaddy
              sweet triple
              • Nov 2008
              • 58186

              #21
              This thread title should be "BYU's lodestar" not "BYU's north star." and even then, the thread title should more accurately be, "what is BYUs most ideal scenario." Nobody is discussing guiding principles in this thread.

              Im really bothered by this thread title.
              Fitter. Happier. More Productive.

              sigpic

              Comment

              • Commando
                Explosivo
                • Feb 2009
                • 20748

                #22
                Originally posted by TripletDaddy View Post
                This thread title should be "BYU's lodestar" not "BYU's north star." and even then, the thread title should more accurately be, "what is BYUs most ideal scenario." Nobody is discussing guiding principles in this thread.

                Im really bothered by this thread title.
                I thought the voting options would be something like A) National Championship
                B) Shaping the lives of young men C) Maintaining the athletic department's financial solvency D) Maximizing exposure for the program
                "I'm anti, can't no government handle a commando / Your man don't want it, Trump's a bitch! I'll make his whole brand go under,"

                Comment

                • TripletDaddy
                  sweet triple
                  • Nov 2008
                  • 58186

                  #23
                  Originally posted by Commando View Post
                  I thought the voting options would be something like A) National Championship
                  B) Shaping the lives of young men C) Maintaining the athletic department's financial solvency D) Maximizing exposure for the program
                  These things would be apropos for a thread exploring BYUs guiding principles.

                  Also, given the choices you list above, I would probably go with A. B would be last on my list.
                  Fitter. Happier. More Productive.

                  sigpic

                  Comment

                  • byu71
                    Senior Member
                    • Nov 2008
                    • 22070

                    #24
                    Originally posted by TripletDaddy View Post
                    These things would be apropos for a thread exploring BYUs guiding principles.

                    Also, given the choices you list above, I would probably go with A. B would be last on my list.
                    You and I pretty much agree on things when you aren't having fun yanking my chain.

                    Comment

                    Working...