2012 Underperforming/Overperforming Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 2012 Underperforming/Overperforming Thread

Okay 4-5 games have been played. Who's been underperforming or overperforming? Pick your team and players.

BYU Underperformers:
    Cody Hoffman
    Ross Apo
    Riley Nelson
    Iona Pritchard
    All kickers
    Richard Wilson
    Robby Buckner

BYU Overperformers
    Michael Alisa until he got hurt
    Famika Anae
    Ziggy Ansah
    Kane Friel
    Tree
    Taysom Hill
    Alex Kuresa
    Skylar Riddley (way way up)
    Jamaal Williams
    Bronson Kaufusi

As Expected
    KVN
    Footee
    Joe Sampson
    All the Hadleys
    JD Falslev

Not sure yet
    Lasike
    Tialavea
    Manumaleuga
    Fuga

Originally posted by Katy Lied View Post
    Okay 4-5 games have been played. Who's been underperforming or overperforming? Pick your team and players.

BYU Underperformers:
    Cody Hoffman
    Ross Apo
    Riley Nelson
    Iona Pritchard
    All kickers
    Richard Wilson
    Robby Buckner

BYU Overperformers
    Michael Alisa until he got hurt
    Famika Anae
    Ziggy Ansah
    Kane Friel
    Tree
    Taysom Hill
    Alex Kuresa
    Skylar Riddley (way way up)
    Jamaal Williams
    Bronson Kaufusi

As Expected
    KVN
    Footee
    Joe Sampson
    All the Hadleys
    JD Falslev

Not sure yet
    Lasike
    Tialavea
    Manumaleuga
    Fuga
    Only one I don't agree with is Alisa, why do you think he is overperforming?

He is averaging 3.8 ypc and averaging 52 ypg rushing and has only 23 receiving yards on the season...

His trajectory from last season seemed a lot higher than that.

Comment

Originally posted by Hsaru View Post
      Only one I don't agree with is Alisa, why do you think he is overperforming?

He is averaging 3.8 ypc and averaging 52 ypg rushing and has only 23 receiving yards on the season...

His trajectory from last season seemed a lot higher than that.
      I don't know that he's overperforming, but I I think he's having a good season, at least much better than I see him getting credit for. He's a good north-south runner with a little (admittedly, not a lot) burst of quickness, who gets a few yards every time he carries the ball with little help from the OL. I'd be curious to see a distribution of his gains. I bet it's pretty narrow--not a lot of big gains, but not a lot of losses either.

I'm very skeptical of Williams, at least at this stage of his career. He shows promise for the future, but I think this next month is going to make us miss Alisa. That's not a knock on Williams--pretty astonishing that he's only 17--the expectations are just way too high on him. DDD mentioned expectations being too high on Hill. I agree, but the expectations suddenly thrown on this kid worry me more.
      At least the Big Ten went after a big-time addition in Nebraska; the Pac-10 wanted a game so badly, it added Utah
      -Berry Trammel, 12/3/10

Comment

If Williams can get some blocks, he'll rack up some good numbers-- he's fast as shit. Not sure if anyone noticed. Like I say, if the O Line steps up, he and Lasike could be a good 1, 2 punch.
        "I'm anti, can't no government handle a commando / Your man don't want it, Trump's a bitch! I'll make his whole brand go under,"

Comment

Last year I don't think Alisa had fully transitioned from a defensive mind set. He was more a blow through 'em runner, and a little fast to the edge. This year he looked much more shifty and opportunistic.

Comment

"All kickers"?

Riley Stephenson is #4 in the nation in punting. How is that underperforming?
            "There is no creature more arrogant than a self-righteous libertarian on the web, am I right? Those folks are just intolerable."
            "It's no secret that the great American pastime is no longer baseball. Now it's sanctimony." -- Guy Periwinkle, The Nix.
            "Juilliardk N I ibuprofen Hyu I U unhurt u" - creekster

Comment

Apo is a huge disappointment.

Comment

With wins against bad teams and losses against good teams, I would put Bronco under "as expected."

David foote. Under performing on the season.
                Fitter. Happier. More Productive.

sigpic

Comment

I'm having a hard time deciding if Apo or Hoffman are underperforming, or if the QB who is supposed to throw them the ball is underperforming or the OC who is suppose to call plays that leads to them getting the ball is underperforming.

Neither stand out has having dropped a lot of passes. I haven't been at the game to be able to see if they are just running poor routes and not getting open or if it is something else.

So I'll say that they haven't had the numbers I thought they would - but I'm not sure if it is their fault. Have they had a chance to perform?

Comment

Alisa as overperforming?

He goes near the top of my underperforming llist. Being called the best/most productive player in fall camp appears to be the equivalent of the Madden cover. Heaps, now Alisa.
                    So Russell...what do you love about music? To begin with, everything.

Comment

Over performing: the 17 year old freshman and the 22 yo frosh.

Also: Riley Stephenson, Ziggy, Famika, Bills, Bronco as DC

Under performers:

BARN, Apo, Hoff, all O-line other than FA, Iona, Bronco as HC, Doman, Weber
                      I'm like LeBron James.
                      -mpfunk

Comment

Alisa: As Expected

Stephenson (Punting): Overperforming

Stephenson (kicking): Underperforming
                        "It's devastating, because we lost to a team that's not even in the Pac-12. To lose to Utah State is horrible." - John White IV

Comment

I have less of an opinion here and more of a question - Apo really "underperforming" or has there just not been anyone consistently getting him the ball?

My impression is - and I've only watched two games this year so I have to base this on what I've heard from others - that Apo has spent a lot of time open in opposing secondaries but the ball hasn't gone there.

True or not?
                          Ute-ī sunt fīmī differtī

It can't all be wedding cake.

Comment

Originally posted by oxcoug View Post
                            I have less of an opinion here and more of a question - Apo really "underperforming" or has there just not been anyone consistently getting him the ball?

My impression is - and I've only watched two games this year so I have to base this on what I've heard from others - that Apo has spent a lot of time open in opposing secondaries but the ball hasn't gone there.

True or not?
                            I agree with you. How many times did Ross get the ball sent his way on Friday?
                            Fitter. Happier. More Productive.

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by TripletDaddy View Post
                              I agree with you. How many times did Ross get the ball sent his way on Friday?
                              Two swing pass receptions (one for a substantial loss) and a crossing pattern for a TD. He might have had one more thrown his way.
                              Everything in life is an approximation.

http://twitter.com/CougarStats

Comment

Working...
                              X