Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Cache Cows! Who needs a (General) Conference?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Surfah View Post
    So you guys can remember correctly.

The first pick which was an athletic highlight play by TCU at midfield occurs at 1:15. The second pick in the end zone is at 2:00. It was not that close to being a great play IMO. It certainly wasn't an inch or two away. It would have been a difficult catch to hold onto even if it was thrown more accurately as Edwards (?) was drilled in the back.

http://usatoday30.usatoday.com/video.../1248530439001

All that did was piss me off that Uale was playing in front of anyone in our secondary. Another irrational personnel decision from bronco. Man that was frustrating last year.

Comment

• Originally posted by MarkGrace View Post
      The Greenwood bros.
      I use to like that song of theirs about all the gold in California. It had a catchy hook.

Comment

• Goodness gracious. After reading this supposed game thread, it's obvious Riley is nothing if not polarizing.
        I'm like LeBron James.
        -mpfunk

Comment

• Originally posted by MarkGrace View Post
          The Greenwood bros.
          Should have known. Hard to recognize Colin without his ugly mug.
          Ain't it like most people, I'm no different. We love to talk on things we don't know about.

"The only one of us who is so significant that Jeff owes us something simply because he decided to grace us with his presence is falafel." -- All-American

GIVE 'EM HELL, BRIGHAM!

Comment

• Originally posted by smokymountainrain View Post
            Goodness gracious. After reading this supposed game thread, it's obvious Riley is nothing if not polarizing.
            Hasn't he been that from the beginning?

In high school it was Lark/Nelson, who is better. Most tend to think Lark is the better prospect, but Nelson leads his time to a state championship over Lark's.

Nelson heads to USU, and then while on his mission changes his mind about where he'll be returning to. Prompting a new NCAA transfer rule for RM's.

The closest I remember BYU ever having rotating QB's like they did with Nelson & Heaps was for the first half of the first game of the year when Shoemaker and Feterik were playing. BYU manages to do it for multiple games - until Nelson is hurt.

And it goes on and on.

Not saying it is his fault. But it would sure be easier if he was either good all the time or awful all of the time.

When it comes to BYU QB's, the time between Hall and whoever is the next good one will not be looked upon fondly when it comes to the offense.

Comment

• Originally posted by Surfah View Post
              So you guys can remember correctly.

The first pick which was an athletic highlight play by TCU at midfield occurs at 1:15. The second pick in the end zone is at 2:00. It was not that close to being a great play IMO. It certainly wasn't an inch or two away. It would have been a difficult catch to hold onto even if it was thrown more accurately as Edwards (?) was drilled in the back.

http://usatoday30.usatoday.com/video.../1248530439001
              You're right...I forgot about the PI on that.

Still--certainly not a jump ball. You could even argue a pretty good ball and without the PI, it's caught. He got two hands on it. AND--even if you don't call the PI, you can't fault Riley for the defender hitting up--nice play for the defender. Yes, the ball could have been down a little, but two hands on the ball, that should be caught.
              Last edited by ERCougar; 10-03-2012, 03:37 PM.
              At least the Big Ten went after a big-time addition in Nebraska; the Pac-10 wanted a game so badly, it added Utah
              -Berry Trammel, 12/3/10

Comment

• Originally posted by Eddie View Post
                The closest I remember BYU ever having rotating QB's like they did with Nelson & Heaps was for the first half of the first game of the year when Shoemaker and Feterik were playing. BYU manages to do it for multiple games - until Nelson is hurt.

And it goes on and on.
                You've completely repressed the entire 2002 season, I see.
                Prepare to put mustard on those words, for you will soon be consuming them, along with this slice of humble pie that comes direct from the oven of shame set at gas mark “egg on your face”! -- Moss

There are three rules that I live by: never get less than twelve hours sleep; never play cards with a guy who has the same first name as a city; and never get involved with a woman with a tattoo of a dagger on her body. Now you stick to that, and everything else is cream cheese. --Coach Finstock

Comment

• Originally posted by Donuthole View Post
                  Yes, 2002 was by far the most egregious use of this ever.
                  Everything in life is an approximation.

http://twitter.com/CougarStats

Comment

• Originally posted by Donuthole View Post
                    And I'm hoping that by 2022 I will have repressed this one as well.

Comment

• Originally posted by Indy Coug View Post
                      Yes, 2002 was by far the most egregious use of this ever.
                      I will now attempt a spirited statistical defense of Lance Pendleton.

Comment

• Originally posted by pelagius View Post
                        I will now attempt a spirited statistical defense of Lance Pendleton.
                        Start with the fact that he did indeed score that TD vs Utah.
                        Everything in life is an approximation.

http://twitter.com/CougarStats

Comment

• After discussing this with a variety of BYU fans today, apparently at the heart of the QB situation is that Bronco truly believes Riley gives BYU the best chance to win these big games. Taysom's passing game is a huge question mark. We know what we get from Riley. In Bronco's eyes, the known Riley is better than the unknown Taysom. I guess I can see this point of view. USU's front seven is pretty damn good (I would say better than Utah's if you take into account linebackers) and its going to be difficult to run against them. This is compounded by the loss of a consistent Alisa. So it will come down to the passing game. I guess the true argument then comes down to who is the better passer? I don't like what I've seen from Riley. But Taysom seemed to put a little bit too much air under his throws and didn't see the defensive back who picked him off.

Still, I don't like the idea of putting in an unhealthy shitty Riley for two and a half quarters and have him destroy any chance of winning this game. USU will be up for this game.

Comment

• I would take a green Taysom over an injured Riley any day.
                            "There is no creature more arrogant than a self-righteous libertarian on the web, am I right? Those folks are just intolerable."
                            "It's no secret that the great American pastime is no longer baseball. Now it's sanctimony." -- Guy Periwinkle, The Nix.
                            "Juilliardk N I ibuprofen Hyu I U unhurt u" - creekster

Comment

• Originally posted by Jeff Lebowski View Post
                              I would take a green Taysom over an injured Riley any day.
                              Me too. Riley needs to be at least 90%.

Comment

• Originally posted by USU Coug View Post
                                After discussing this with a variety of BYU fans today, apparently at the heart of the QB situation is that Bronco truly believes Riley gives BYU the best chance to win these big games. Taysom's passing game is a huge question mark. We know what we get from Riley. In Bronco's eyes, the known Riley is better than the unknown Taysom. I guess I can see this point of view. USU's front seven is pretty damn good (I would say better than Utah's if you take into account linebackers) and its going to be difficult to run against them. This is compounded by the loss of a consistent Alisa. So it will come down to the passing game. I guess the true argument then comes down to who is the better passer? I don't like what I've seen from Riley. But Taysom seemed to put a little bit too much air under his throws and didn't see the defensive back who picked him off.

Still, I don't like the idea of putting in an unhealthy shitty Riley for two and a half quarters and have him destroy any chance of winning this game. USU will be up for this game.
                                A little too much air? I am no expert, but while i agree with the onservation, my purely armchair feeling is that Taysom can correct his problem pretty easily while Nelson puts too much air under his throws becasue he just cant throw it very far or very hard
                                PLesa excuse the tpyos.

Comment

Working...
                                X