Originally posted by OrangeUte
View Post
Adventures in officiating
Collapse
X
-
-
-
It would have been interesting if Falslev would have picked up the ball and rather than try to advance it toward BYU's end zone, if he would have sprinted toward Utah's end zone and then once the field is filled with ute bench players and fans, turned and ran/walked - hiding, sort of using them all as shields - back toward his own goal line. He probably could have scored. Or not. But would have made for good theatre.Originally posted by CJF View PostIf Falsev had run out of bounds, I don't think they would have made the call. When he made his cut is when the flags started flying.I'm like LeBron James.
-mpfunk
Comment
-
lolOriginally posted by smokymountainrain View PostIt would have been interesting if Falslev would have picked up the ball and rather than try to advance it toward BYU's end zone, if he would have sprinted toward Utah's end zone and then once the field is filled with ute bench players and fans, turned and ran/walked - hiding, sort of using them all as shields - back toward his own goal line. He probably could have scored. Or not. But would have made for good theatre.That which may be asserted without evidence may be dismissed without evidence. -C. Hitchens
http://twitter.com/SoonerCoug
Comment
-
something like this?Originally posted by smokymountainrain View PostIt would have been interesting if Falslev would have picked up the ball and rather than try to advance it toward BYU's end zone, if he would have sprinted toward Utah's end zone and then once the field is filled with ute bench players and fans, turned and ran/walked - hiding, sort of using them all as shields - back toward his own goal line. He probably could have scored. Or not. But would have made for good theatre.
[YOUTUBE]mfebpLfAt8g[/YOUTUBE]PLesa excuse the tpyos.
Comment
-
It would have put that play to shame. This field was a sea of red. Would have been even moreso if Falslev would have sprinted back toward the utes endzone giving them more time to fill the field. The way I envision it, JD, at about 5'8", would have disappeared in the mass at about the 10 yard of the utes, and then about 15-20 seconds later popped up, holding the ball high in BYU's goal. Play of the century.Originally posted by creekster View Postsomething like this?
[YOUTUBE]mfebpLfAt8g[/YOUTUBE]I'm like LeBron James.
-mpfunk
Comment
-
Then we just decline the penalty, accept the touchdown, and the game is over.Originally posted by smokymountainrain View PostIt would have put that play to shame. This field was a sea of red. Would have been even moreso if Falslev would have sprinted back toward the utes endzone giving them more time to fill the field. The way I envision it, JD, at about 5'8", would have disappeared in the mass at about the 10 yard of the utes, and then about 15-20 seconds later popped up, holding the ball high in BYU's goal. Play of the century."I think it was King Benjamin who said 'you sorry ass shitbags who have no skills that the market values also have an obligation to have the attitude that if one day you do in fact win the PowerBall Lottery that you will then impart of your substance to those without.'"
- Goatnapper'96
Comment
-
What if he turned the other direction towards the ute fans and broke free of the defense (the o line was in position there), then turned it up and broke free, but ended being tackled by a ute fan. How does that play out? Saturday was crazy, but this could have happened.Originally posted by smokymountainrain View PostIt would have been interesting if Falslev would have picked up the ball and rather than try to advance it toward BYU's end zone, if he would have sprinted toward Utah's end zone and then once the field is filled with ute bench players and fans, turned and ran/walked - hiding, sort of using them all as shields - back toward his own goal line. He probably could have scored. Or not. But would have made for good theatre.
via a galaxy s3 far far away"Don't expect I'll see you 'till after the race"
"So where does the power come from to see the race to its end...from within"
Comment
-
Utah fans really upset by this game still?
I remember all the talk about how this was going to be Utah's year to dominate the PAC 12, which was odd considering it was their first year. Boy Utah really went all in that game, and when they lost it devastated the team (hence the consequent blowouts).
I guess it hurt the fans too.
Comment
-
I know the referee very well. Another friend of mine knows him well and called him yesterday. I knew the minute I saw Ute fans on the field he would have the guts to let the penalty stand and send everyone back to the stands. He has called big games including BCS games.
He told my friend he loves refing these rivalry games and I guess there was a good bit of trash talking going on. I guess we could see that.
I am going to ask him his thoughts on the Ute count controversy.
Comment
-
[nomedia="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eSteCSinjTs"]1954 Cotton Bowl: Dicky Maegle - Tommy Lewis Tackle Play - YouTube[/nomedia]Originally posted by doctorcoug View PostWhat if he turned the other direction towards the ute fans and broke free of the defense (the o line was in position there), then turned it up and broke free, but ended being tackled by a ute fan. How does that play out? Saturday was crazy, but this could have happened.
via a galaxy s3 far far away
Comment
-
That was great. We were so close to college football history. I just watched the block, if JD cuts left, it is a touchdown because of the amazing uterus penetration.Originally posted by Shaka View Post
via a galaxy s3 far far away"Don't expect I'll see you 'till after the race"
"So where does the power come from to see the race to its end...from within"
Comment
Comment