The Taysom Hill Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Topper View Post
    Many good points. Taysom will not play another down as QB for BYU.
    That's the spirits!
    "Either evolution or intelligent design can account for the athlete, but neither can account for the sports fan." - Robert Brault

"Once I seen the trades go down and the other guys signed elsewhere," he said, "I knew it was my time now." - Derrick Favors

Comment

• Originally posted by TripletDaddy View Post
      You keep inferring things that have not been said.

we arent going to eclipse 8 wins next season, with or without taysom. the defense kind of stinks.
      You are the one you intimated that BYU would be better of without Taysom next year. I would understand though if you are backing off of that position, but you keep doubling down.

Comment

• Originally posted by Coach McGuirk View Post
        you argue things that no one is arguing against. Can't wait to see Taysom play 4-5 games next year. They will be great!
        Says the guy whose preceding comment argued something that wasn't being argued.

Comment

• Originally posted by imanihonjin View Post
          You are the one you intimated that BYU would be better of without Taysom next year. I would understand though if you are backing off of that position, but you keep doubling down.
          While it should come as no surprise that you are misusing the term, You can't "keep doubling down," you can only double down once. I have been consistent with my position over the course of many posts.
          Fitter. Happier. More Productive.

sigpic

Comment

While it should come as no surprise that you are misusing the term, You can't "keep doubling down," you can only double down once. I have been consistent with my position over the course of many posts.
            Rabble! Rabble! Rabble!
            Don't worry about people stealing your ideas. If your ideas are any good, you'll have to ram them down people's throats.
            - Howard Aiken

Any sufficiently complicated platform contains an ad hoc, informally-specified, bug-ridden, slow implementation of half of a functional programming language.
            - Variation on Greenspun's Tenth Rule

Comment

Says the guy whose preceding comment argued something that wasn't being argued.
              So you are admitting that Taysom was not just fine in 2013. Making progress.

Comment

• I was talking with our newest orthopedic surgeon in town a few weeks ago about this. I am eleven months out from essentially the same injury as Taysom, from what I can tell, and I'm still not 100% (or even 90). Now I wasn't ever squatting 500+, and I'm sure he'll be much more aggressive with physical therapy, but I'm also not asking my body to play college football. Anyway, I asked him about my recovery and he said I was about where I should expect, so I asked him about Taysom next year. His answer: "oh, he'll suck. The following year he'll be great though."

Of course, that will be too late to impress scouts. Geez, I just feel awful for the kid.
                At least the Big Ten went after a big-time addition in Nebraska; the Pac-10 wanted a game so badly, it added Utah
                -Berry Trammel, 12/3/10

Comment

• Originally posted by ERCougar View Post
                  I was talking with our newest orthopedic surgeon in town a few weeks ago about this. I am eleven months out from essentially the same injury as Taysom, from what I can tell, and I'm still not 100% (or even 90). Now I wasn't ever squatting 500+, and I'm sure he'll be much more aggressive with physical therapy, but I'm also not asking my body to play college football. Anyway, I asked him about my recovery and he said I was about where I should expect, so I asked him about Taysom next year. His answer: "oh, he'll suck. The following year he'll be great though."

Of course, that will be too late to impress scouts. Geez, I just feel awful for the kid.

Which is exactly what happened in 2013-14. But don't tell emoji that.

Comment

• Originally posted by ERCougar View Post
                    I was talking with our newest orthopedic surgeon in town a few weeks ago about this. I am eleven months out from essentially the same injury as Taysom, from what I can tell, and I'm still not 100% (or even 90). Now I wasn't ever squatting 500+, and I'm sure he'll be much more aggressive with physical therapy, but I'm also not asking my body to play college football. Anyway, I asked him about my recovery and he said I was about where I should expect, so I asked him about Taysom next year. His answer: "oh, he'll suck. The following year he'll be great though."

I think the scouts already knew what he was, that's why the comments about him not playing QB in the NFL were getting more and more.
                    Get confident, stupid
                    -landpoke

Comment

Great! You are being a dunce consistently. You do have that going for you.

Comment

So you are admitting that Taysom was not just fine in 2013. Making progress.
                        He was far better than whatever we had behind him. Should not be surprising though, you fall in the category of BYU fans who think the best player on the team is the backup QB.

Comment

• imanihonjin taking DDD and Coach to the woodshed.

"There is no creature more arrogant than a self-righteous libertarian on the web, am I right? Those folks are just intolerable."
                          "It's no secret that the great American pastime is no longer baseball. Now it's sanctimony." -- Guy Periwinkle, The Nix.
                          "Juilliardk N I ibuprofen Hyu I U unhurt u" - creekster

Comment

He was far better than whatever we had behind him. Should not be surprising though, you fall in the category of BYU fans who think the best player on the team is the backup QB.
                            again, this has nothing to do with anyone being better than Taysom in a given year. As mentioned on the radio this morning, he is a once in a generation player that, unfortunately, is going the way of Luke Staley. It would be best for him if he sat next year and prepared for life after BYU whether than includes pro football or not.

Comment

Which is exactly what happened in 2013-14. But don't tell emoji that.
                              Yeah, that knee injury really held Taysom back in 2013, didn't it. His knee injury made him suck so badly that he only had 1300+ yards rushing.

Comment

In the 3 losses without Taysom what ratio would you say offense was to blame to defense to blame. I don't believe either Coach or Triplet to be saying the backup is better. Rather that Taysom plays wreckless and injury is highly likely if not probable and that the defense has struggled regardless of the person playing QB.
                                Get confident, stupid
                                -landpoke

Comment

Working...
                                X