The Taysom Hill Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by jay santos View Post
    Agree tie goes to the future. But hopefully the coaches would have a solid idea of who between Hill and Lark would win them more games this season.
    I think the way Wrubell phrased his comment about Taysom potentially moving to backup was interesting. Made me think that the loss shifted their thinking and made them a little bit more willing to go with him even though he might struggle more than Lark at this point.
    So Russell...what do you love about music? To begin with, everything.

Comment

Originally posted by Indy Coug View Post
      Heaps' pass efficiency of 116 vs a SOS of 100 or so isn't what I would consider to be flourishing either. BYU was able to run and run and run in 2010 which minimized Heaps having to do much of anything in most games.

If you want to hold onto some pipe dream that Hill is ready to take over the full offense at this stage of his career, more power to you, but history isn't on your side.
      meh, plenty of freshman do well. Every year look at the pass efficiency ratings list and you will see freshman that do reasonably well.

I think there are two points of discussion here. 1. What do we do if Nelson is injured? I think Hill belongs in the conversation here. 2 Nelson doesn't look that hot, can anyone else do better? This seems like crazy talk at least until Nelson has three or four games in a row that are horrible.

Comment

Agree tie goes to the future. But hopefully the coaches would have a solid idea of who between Hill and Lark would win them more games this season.
        The coaches sure as hell didn't know which QB would win them more games last year.
        I'm like LeBron James.
        -mpfunk

Comment

Originally posted by Green Monstah View Post
          He grayshirted at Stanford?
          I thought he signed the letter of intent and left on his mission without enrolling.
          τὸν ἥλιον ἀνατέλλοντα πλείονες ἢ δυόμενον προσκυνοῦσιν

Comment

Originally posted by MarkGrace View Post
            I think the way Wrubell phrased his comment about Taysom potentially moving to backup was interesting. Made me think that the loss shifted their thinking and made them a little bit more willing to go with him even though he might struggle more than Lark at this point.
            I don't like this line of thinking. If the coaches are thinking this way, then it proves how bad this independence thing. Why should I care about this season if the coaches don't care?

Comment

Hill isn't ready to take over the offense full-time. Hell, headed into next season with just a year of college football under his belt he probably won't even be ready. But he does have one small advantage over the last two freshman we've seen, and that is his ability to move. I said this last year, and who knows if it's accurate because I'm just guessing, but to me it seems the steepest learning curves would be for those who are just pure dropback passers. There's just so much more to learn to make their games work. Nebraska and Oregon have made freshman mobile/athletic freshman work pretty quickly.
              So Russell...what do you love about music? To begin with, everything.

Comment

Heaps' pass efficiency of 116 vs a SOS of 100 or so isn't what I would consider to be flourishing either. BYU was able to run and run and run in 2010 which minimized Heaps having to do much of anything in most games.

If you want to hold onto some pipe dream that Hill is ready to take over the full offense at this stage of his career, more power to you, but history isn't on your side.
                I'm not sure he is ready to take over the offense, but I think he can beat the shitty teams on BYU's schedule - which may be the best we can expect from Riley or Lark. I think tonight will tell us a lot about Nelson.
                I'm like LeBron James.
                -mpfunk

Comment

meh, plenty of freshman do well. Every year look at the pass efficiency ratings list and you will see freshman that do reasonably well.
                  It depends on how generously you define "plenty" and whether you are accurately partitioning the performances of true freshmen and redshirt freshmen.
                  Everything in life is an approximation.

http://twitter.com/CougarStats

Comment

Originally posted by smokymountainrain View Post
                    I'm not sure he is ready to take over the offense, but I think he can beat the shitty teams on BYU's schedule - which may be the best we can expect from Riley or Lark. I think tonight will tell us a lot about Nelson.
                    What will tonight teach us about Nelson? Whether or not he can play effectively with a broken back?

Comment

What will tonight teach us about Nelson? Whether or not he can play effectively with a broken back?
                      Last night on the news, he said he expects to win the rest of the games on the schedule. If he doesn't expect the back to stand in the way, neither do I.
                      I'm like LeBron James.
                      -mpfunk

Comment

Originally posted by smokymountainrain View Post
                        Last night on the news, he said he expects to win the rest of the games on the schedule. If he doesn't expect the back to stand in the way, neither do I.

Comment

I have no problem with Riley being yanked if his injury renders him unable to perform. I tend to agree with Jay on the replacement. Best guy enters game. I tend to think at this moment, despite Wrubell's tweet, that guy is Lark. If this happens he will have a short leash.

Comment

What's all this talk about Riley and his back? I saw some weird x-ray you posted yesterday, but have no idea what it's about. Is this something that is going to end his season? Why haven't Wrubell and the other BYU beat guys been talking about it?

Comment

Originally posted by YOhio View Post
                              What's all this talk about Riley and his back? I saw some weird x-ray you posted yesterday, but have no idea what it's about. Is this something that is going to end his season? Why haven't Wrubell and the other BYU beat guys been talking about it?
                              Triangulate YO!

Comment

Was your broken back comment a joke? I'm just as confused as YO about this whole broken back story.
                                I'm like LeBron James.
                                -mpfunk

Comment

Working...
                                X