Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Green Monstah View Post

Pork ribs? Or beef?

Their brisket is just okay, but it’s the only meat I got.

but, it you want a central Texas, old school smokehouse ambiance, where you come out smelling like bbq head to toe (not complaining), this is a place to try.

Pork.

Yes, you have to walk in the pit to get your food.
    "There is no creature more arrogant than a self-righteous libertarian on the web, am I right? Those folks are just intolerable."
    "It's no secret that the great American pastime is no longer baseball. Now it's sanctimony." -- Guy Periwinkle, The Nix.
    "Juilliardk N I ibuprofen Hyu I U unhurt u" - creekster

Comment

• Originally posted by Green Monstah View Post

My go-to when I’m in Austin. I don’t have time to wait at franklins, and coopers and salt lick both suck. Added bonus: TB’s sides are delicious.
      Totally agree on the sides. TB’s sides are the best I’ve had and the brisket and sausage are very, very good. The added bonus is the short line. They’ve got the system down to a science to the point that it took less than 5 minutes to go from our car to sitting down to eat.

If you want a place in Houston with great central Texas brisket, try out Bexar BBQ in tomball. It’s the best I’ve found in the Houston area. We were going to rent it out for my sons wedding rehearsal dinner but he (or probably it was the fiancée) decided to go with a more traditional local caterer.
      "Discipleship is not a spectator sport. We cannot expect to experience the blessing of faith by standing inactive on the sidelines any more than we can experience the benefits of health by sitting on a sofa watching sporting events on television and giving advice to the athletes. And yet for some, “spectator discipleship” is a preferred if not primary way of worshipping." -Pres. Uchtdorf

Comment

• Originally posted by Moliere View Post

Totally agree on the sides. TB’s sides are the best I’ve had and the brisket and sausage are very, very good. The added bonus is the short line. They’ve got the system down to a science to the point that it took less than 5 minutes to go from our car to sitting down to eat.

If you want a place in Houston with great central Texas brisket, try out Bexar BBQ in tomball. It’s the best I’ve found in the Houston area. We were going to rent it out for my sons wedding rehearsal dinner but he (or probably it was the fiancée) decided to go with a more traditional local caterer.
        Sounds like we need to hit up Bexar BBQ sometime soon.

There are lots of good joints popping up in Houston. And I'm here for all of it.
        Jesus wants me for a sunbeam.

"Cog dis is a bitch." -James Patterson

Comment

• Originally posted by Moliere View Post

Maybe

I ate at Terry Blacks last weekend, it was very good and there was no line. I’ll be there again this weekend but will let my daughter pick the restaurant this time.
          Went in Dallas and it was delicious.
          Ain't it like most people, I'm no different. We love to talk on things we don't know about.

"The only one of us who is so significant that Jeff owes us something simply because he decided to grace us with his presence is falafel." -- All-American

GIVE 'EM HELL, BRIGHAM!

Comment

• I have had better luck at Terry Blacks than Blacks OG on Guadalupe. But both are good.
            "There is no creature more arrogant than a self-righteous libertarian on the web, am I right? Those folks are just intolerable."
            "It's no secret that the great American pastime is no longer baseball. Now it's sanctimony." -- Guy Periwinkle, The Nix.
            "Juilliardk N I ibuprofen Hyu I U unhurt u" - creekster

Comment

Working...
            X