Mountain West Salvation Groundswell

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by SeattleUte View Post
    Save yourselves BYU. Go back to the Mountain West Conference.
    QED.

Any more questions?
    Fitter. Happier. More Productive.

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by LiveCoug View Post
      End this disgusting thread. Now.
      I think this an interesting thread that there will be great discussion. Nothing disgusting at all.
      As I lead this army, make room for mistakes and depression
      --Kendrick Lamar

Comment

Originally posted by Jacob View Post
        It's not the crap of those conferences. It is no worse than the MWC we were used to. The problem is that is isn't any better. I'm not sure whether it is any better than indy, which is the relevant question. Generically, I'd prefer a league and a championship game to what we've seen so far as indy.
        Exactly, its the crap of the MWC (they were all crap outside of BYU, Utah and TCU) and the crap of the WAC (all crap outside BSU).

Comment

I was not for leaving the MWC, it smacked a little of desperation. Going back to the MWC now would smack of desperation again.

I'm sure Tom and Cec are doing the best they can to get in a major conference and I'm convinced they didn't screw up a Big 12 invite because we were never seriously considered. And we never will be.

I'd put the chance of getting into the bigs at less than 25%. That doesn't mean BYU shouldn't try, I just don't think it'll happen.

Let realignment happen, wait for the dust to settle and then maybe look to form the best possible "national conference" with the best of the leftovers.
          "Remember to double tap"

Comment

Originally posted by kccougar View Post
            Why in the world would BYU want to put a bunch of crappy teams on their back and carry them again like they did the MWC? BYU is much better off as an Independent.
            This may be the most intelligent thing I've read on this board. I strongly endorse this post.

Comment

[YOUTUBE]6f1h3rTPBek[/YOUTUBE]
              "It's devastating, because we lost to a team that's not even in the Pac-12. To lose to Utah State is horrible." - John White IV

Comment

One could make an equally HI-larious video with football independence as the theme. Bring SDSU and Boise back and I still contend the NeoMWC is a much better place to be than independence as long as a new TV contract for the new conference got the money close.
                Dyslexics are teople poo...

Comment

Originally posted by Flystripper View Post
                  One could make an equally HI-larious video with football independence as the theme. Bring SDSU and Boise back and I still contend the NeoMWC is a much better place to be than independence as long as a new TV contract for the new conference got the money close.
                  huh? ESPN is broadcasting the crap out of BYU right now and we have like a 20 year series w BSU already. Our scheduling, as spotty as it is in November, is > or equal to MWC and the money and exposure is there like it's never been. You might have a point in basketball with Utah State x2, NM x2 and UNLV x2 on the schedule, but that's nearly offset by Gonzaga and St. Mary's, and we play Utah State every year anyway. I just don't see how the calories burned in getting back to the MWC would be merited under any circumstances.
                  "I'm anti, can't no government handle a commando / Your man don't want it, Trump's a bitch! I'll make his whole brand go under,"

Comment

I really did enjoy this video, by the way. Thanks for that.
                    "I'm anti, can't no government handle a commando / Your man don't want it, Trump's a bitch! I'll make his whole brand go under,"

Comment

Originally posted by Commando View Post
                      huh? ESPN is broadcasting the crap out of BYU right now and we have like a 20 year series w BSU already. Our scheduling, as spotty as it is in November, is > or equal to MWC and the money and exposure is there like it's never been. You might have a point in basketball with Utah State x2, NM x2 and UNLV x2 on the schedule, but that's nearly offset by Gonzaga and St. Mary's, and we play Utah State every year anyway. I just don't see how the calories burned in getting back to the MWC would be merited under any circumstances.
                      2 words that sum up independence - exhibition season.

Comment

Which would somehow magically change into a meaningful season if we replaced the crappy teams on our independent schedule with the crappy teams in the MWC?
                        "I think it was King Benjamin who said 'you sorry ass shitbags who have no skills that the market values also have an obligation to have the attitude that if one day you do in fact win the PowerBall Lottery that you will then impart of your substance to those without.'"
                        - Goatnapper'96

Comment

I agree w/ pelado. All a MWC conference championship would mean at this point is that you are king of the also-rans. Not that it's worthless-- a lot of players need that validation. I would say that an Independent team running the table has the same shot at a BCS game as a MWC team if not better since the schedule is probably tougher-- and that's what it's all about in the end, isn't it? Being the best in the country and showcasing that-- not just being good compared to teams beneath your station.

Comment

Originally posted by Pelado View Post
                            Which would somehow magically change into a meaningful season if we replaced the crappy teams on our independent schedule with the crappy teams in the MWC?
                            Until a playoff starts yes. Who knows what the requirements will be once it goes to a playoff? I like our chances to have access to the meaningful post season as part of a conference more than receiving a Notre Dame exception. In addition, playing for a conference championship with historical rivals and Boise State is much more appealing than playing for absolutely nothing and booking our tickets to Fort Worth in early October.

Comment

Originally posted by Commando View Post
                              I agree w/ pelado. All a MWC conference championship would mean at this point is that you are king of the also-rans. Not that it's worthless-- a lot of players need that validation. I would say that an Independent team running the table has the same shot at a BCS game as a MWC team if not better since the schedule is probably tougher-- and that's what it's all about in the end, isn't it? Being the best in the country and showcasing that-- not just being good compared to teams beneath your station.
                              Not until a playoff. Right now the non-BCS conferences have guarantees of access that BYU does not enjoy.

PS: an Indy schedule will not be tougher than a NEO MWC schedule.

Comment

Not until a playoff. Right now the non-BCS conferences have guarantees of access that BYU does not enjoy.

PS: an Indy schedule will not be tougher than a NEO MWC schedule.
                                Well that's purely hypothetical. How does it match up against a hypothetical Indy schedule?

Comment

Working...
                                X