Mountain West Salvation Groundswell

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Flystripper View Post
    You must love watching the Harlem Globetrotters. How many NBA titles have they won?
    No, but with a balanced schedule (by teams, not dates) and tiered bowl agreements tied to performance, it would certainly be better than the MWC/WAC/CUSA.
    "It's devastating, because we lost to a team that's not even in the Pac-12. To lose to Utah State is horrible." - John White IV

Comment

Originally posted by Jeff Lebowski View Post
      I do not endorse this abomination of a thread.

Comment

I do not endorse this abomination of a thread.
        You will come around.
        Dyslexics are teople poo...

Comment

Originally posted by FMCoug View Post
          Only if they agree to add "BYU's Bitches" to all contracts, marketing material, the logo, etc.

And give BYU 50% of all the TV Revenue.

And play 2-1 for all football games.

And ... never mind it's still not worth it.

A few more:
          2 divisions and a championship game, but only 5 conference games (against teams in your division),

A 30 day notice from BYU to opt out of the conference

BYU keeps rights to non-conference home games

Let's make this thing work!

Comment

Originally posted by Jacob View Post
            A few more:
            2 divisions and a championship game, but only 5 conference games (against teams in your division),

A 30 day notice from BYU to opt out of the conference

BYU keeps rights to non-conference home games

Let's make this thing work!
            Sounds about like the negotiating BYU did with the Big East.
            "It's devastating, because we lost to a team that's not even in the Pac-12. To lose to Utah State is horrible." - John White IV

Comment

Originally posted by kccougar View Post
              No, but with a balanced schedule (by teams, not dates) and tiered bowl agreements tied to performance, it would certainly be better than the MWC/WAC/CUSA.
              So basically you would be a Harlem Globetrotters fan if they played a few NBA teams along with the Washington Generals and if they got to play a game against either the Charlotte Bobcats, Minnesota Timberwolves or Portland Trailblazers based on their performance once their season was over. Gotcha.

Comment

So basically you would be a Harlem Globetrotters fan if they played a few NBA teams along with the Washington Generals and if they got to play a game against either the Charlotte Bobcats, Minnesota Timberwolves or Portland Trailblazers based on their performance once their season was over. Gotcha.
                The Globetrotters is what came to my mind when I read that too.

Comment

You would really rather play in the MWC? Getting crowned the champion of that sorry lot of teams means that much?

Comment

Originally posted by San Juan Sun View Post
                    I support making a 12-14 team conference made up of Western teams, but it cannot be called the MWC. That dog needs to die, although I could be talked into it Hair Thompson and Company got the boot and a whole new conference management team were brought in.

Oh yeah, a decent TV deal would be a must too.

BYU
                    Boise State
                    SDSU
                    Hawaii
                    Fresno
                    Nevada
                    UNLV
                    Utah State
                    Wyoming
                    Air Force
                    Colorado State
                    UNM

I would be okay with that conference.
                    So....all the crap of the MWC and the WAC along with BYU and BSU? Great.

Comment

Jeff. Do the noble thing. End this.

Comment

You will come around.
                        Listen, when LiveCoug thinks you are being too pessimistic you know you have a serious problem.
                        "There is no creature more arrogant than a self-righteous libertarian on the web, am I right? Those folks are just intolerable."
                        "It's no secret that the great American pastime is no longer baseball. Now it's sanctimony." -- Guy Periwinkle, The Nix.
                        "Juilliardk N I ibuprofen Hyu I U unhurt u" - creekster

Comment

I know this has been mentioned in several threads, but I think it needs its own groundswell. OK so now that BYU has killed the mtn network by going Indy, they need to rejoin the MWC and convince SDSU and Boise to stay and play. I am sure the conference will be more than happy to let BYUtv pick up tier 3 rights and I am also sure they could get a decent ESPN deal for the conference as long as Boise and BYU are included.

Since the Big 12 ain't happening and the Big East is almost as meh as Indy, it is really the best option left.
                          I said this years ago. You guys never listend to me about anything. My threads die on the vine, and then turn out to be totally correct.
                          When a true genius appears, you can know him by this sign: that all the dunces are in a confederacy against him.

--Jonathan Swift

Comment

Listen, when LiveCoug thinks you are being too pessimistic you know you have a serious problem.
                            LiveCoug is the pessimistic one about this new mountain/pacific conference. I am very optimistic about it. I like it better than Indy. I think I also like it better than the Big East due to regional games and rivalries. Also it is at least comparable to what is left in the Big East in terms of competition anyway.

Comment

Originally posted by Maximus View Post
                              So....all the crap of the MWC and the WAC along with BYU and BSU? Great.
                              It's not the crap of those conferences. It is no worse than the MWC we were used to. The problem is that is isn't any better. I'm not sure whether it is any better than indy, which is the relevant question. Generically, I'd prefer a league and a championship game to what we've seen so far as indy.

Comment

Originally posted by kccougar View Post
                                You would really rather play in the MWC? Getting crowned the champion of that sorry lot of teams means that much?
                                Yes I would rather play in a mountain/pacific conference as described by SJS. Getting crowned a champion of that conference is better than no crown with no conference. BYU would still have at least 4 out of conference games where they can play the good part of our current Indy schedule. With no Big 12 invite it is a no brainer really.
                                Last edited by Flystripper; 05-22-2012, 04:20 PM.

Comment

Working...
                                X