MWC Historical Performance

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• MWC Historical Performance

Over the ten year history of the conference, here is a summary of each school's performance. All stats are conference games only. (Ordered by winning percentage for conference games).

TCU
    78% winning percentage (25-7)
    1 championship (1 outright)
    3 winning seasons, 0 .500 seasons, 1 losing season
    Worst finish: 4-4 (2007), 5th

BYU
    70% winning percentage (52-22)
    4 championships (3 outright)
    8 winning seasons, 0 .500 seasons, 2 losing seasons
    Worst finish: 2-5 (2002), 7th

Utah
    68% winning percentage (50-24)
    4 championships (3 outright)
    7 winning seasons, 1 .500 season, 2 losing seasons
    Worst finish: 3-4 (2000 and 2002), tied for 5th

CSU
    55% winning percentage (41-33)
    3 championships (2 outright)
    6 winning seasons, 1 .500 season, 3 losing seasons
    Worst finish: 1-7 (2006), tied for last

New Mexico
    54% winning percentage (40-34)
    no championships
    5 winning seasons, 2 .500 seasons, 3 losing seasons
    Best finish: 5-2 (2002, 2003, and 2004), 2nd
    Worst finish: 2-6 (2008), tied for 6th

Air Force
    50% winning percentage (37-37)
    no championships
    4 winning seasons, 0 .500 seasons, 6 losing seasons
    Best finish: 6-2 (2007), 2nd
    Worst finish: 2-5 (1999), 7th

San Diego State
    38% winning percentage (28-46)
    no championships
    1 winning season, 1 .500 season, 8 losing seasons
    Best finish: 4-3 (2002), tied for 3rd
    Worst finish: 1-7 (2008), tied for last

Wyoming
    27% winning percentage (20-54)
    no championships
    2 winning seasons, 0 .500 seasons, 8 losing seasons
    Best finish: 5-3 (2006), tied for 3rd
    Worst finish: 0-7 (2000 and 2001), last

UNLV
    26% winning percentage (19-55)
    no championships
    1 winning season, 0 .500 seasons, 9 losing seasons
    Best finish: 4-3 (2000), tied for 3rd
    Worst finish: 1-7 (2005 and 2007), last

A few other stats of note:

Every season except 1999 ended with an outright conference champion.
    Six were undefeated, and three had one loss.
    (The last five seasons have ended with an undefeated champion.)

1999 had tri-champions with two losses each.

Undefeated teams:
    BYU (2001, 2006, 2007)
    Utah (2004, 2008)
    TCU (2005)

Winless teams:
    Wyoming (2000, 2001)

4 of the 9 schools have won or shared a conference title.

Comment

Oh how far CSU has fallen. When the MWC formed they were pushing BYU and Utah to become the elite school in the conference.
      Get confident, stupid
      -landpoke

Comment

Originally posted by HuskyFreeNorthwest View Post
        Oh how far CSU has fallen. When the MWC formed they were pushing BYU and Utah to become the elite school in the conference.
        I think they'll get back. Their new coach shows promise and if he can get some decent recruits they'll be pushing for the top soon enough.
        Dio perdona tante cose per un’opera di misericordia
        God forgives many things for an act of mercy
        Alessandro Manzoni

Knock it off. This board has enough problems without a dose of middle-age lechery.

pelagius

Comment

Originally posted by pellegrino View Post
          I think they'll get back. Their new coach shows promise and if he can get some decent recruits they'll be pushing for the top soon enough.
          I agree, the odds are pretty good they'll be competitive again shortly. But they have certainly fallen. The first 5 years, they are 26-9 (74%) with 3 championships. The last 5 years, 15-24 (38%) with only one finish in the top half of the conference.

Comment

Does anyone know enough about TCU to tell if they are going to be the team to beat this year? Utah and BYU should each be tough, but I know that Aaron Brown is gone as is Hughes - Dalton is back, but that's about all I know about the Horny Toads...

I would say in MWC play, Utah and BYU and TCU are light years ahead of the rest of the league. AFA is as consistent as usual, and CSU is on a road back. WYO needs to strap it on, and UNM is a huge question mark without Rocky Long. UNLV stinks.

Because the Utes are reloading this year, I don't see a MWC team getting into a BCS bowl. BYU's loss to OK will knock them out early, and TCU will lose to either BYU or Utah and that will knock them out. Still, if the cougs can get a win against OK (they DID beat miami almost 20 years ago, afterall), i reserve my right to change this answer.

any coug fans have tickets to the holy war that they are willing to sell at face value to orangeute?

Comment

Originally posted by OrangeUte View Post
              Does anyone know enough about TCU to tell if they are going to be the team to beat this year? Utah and BYU should each be tough, but I know that Aaron Brown is gone as is Hughes - Dalton is back, but that's about all I know about the Horny Toads...

I would say in MWC play, Utah and BYU and TCU are light years ahead of the rest of the league. AFA is as consistent as usual, and CSU is on a road back. WYO needs to strap it on, and UNM is a huge question mark without Rocky Long. UNLV stinks.

Because the Utes are reloading this year, I don't see a MWC team getting into a BCS bowl. BYU's loss to OK will knock them out early, and TCU will lose to either BYU or Utah and that will knock them out. Still, if the cougs can get a win against OK (they DID beat miami almost 20 years ago, afterall), i reserve my right to change this answer.

any coug fans have tickets to the holy war that they are willing to sell at face value to orangeute?
              Jerry Hughes is back for TCU, also the whole starting secondary is back and they are all at least 2 year starters, both corners have started since they were freshman. TCUs defense will be fast and very good once again.
              *Banned*

Comment

Originally posted by cougjunkie View Post
                Jerry Hughes is back for TCU, also the whole starting secondary is back and they are all at least 2 year starters, both corners have started since they were freshman. TCUs defense will be fast and very good once again.
                TCU's QB Andy Dalton made a pretty good leap from his Freshmen season to his Sophomore season. He may end up being like Brian Johnson...nothing spectacular, but solid. His play will go a long ways towards TCU making a run at the BCS.

Same with Max Hall.
                "They're good. They've always been good" - David Shaw.

Well, because he thought it was good sport. Because some men aren't looking for anything logical, like money. They can't be bought, bullied, reasoned, or negotiated with. Some men just want to watch the world burn.

Comment

Working...
                X