THE (tm) Official End of ... THE (tm) Ohio St. ... Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by dabrockster View Post
    Pretty sure none of them could "Be" the Browns..

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    the last couple sentences are your friend.
    I'm like LeBron James.
    -mpfunk

Comment

• Originally posted by smokymountainrain View Post
      the last couple sentences are your friend.
      Proof reading is yours as well :P

Comment

• Originally posted by All-American View Post
        It's lots of fun to see evil lose, but the fact is that they could take the loss. If they win out they will go to the playoffs.
        Objection!
        It is not a fact that if Ohio St. wins out, the Buckeyes will receive a playoff invite. Undefeated Alabama, Clemson, and Washington are all in front of Ohio St. The key is the Big 12. If Baylor or West Virginia win out, Ohio St. could be left out of the playoffs. I'm not stating that Baylor or West Virginia are better teams or more deserving than Ohio St. Just that an undefeated P5 conference champ will get a playoff invite over a one-loss P5 conference champ. On the other hand, justice would be served by passing up an undefeated Baylor in order to invite a one-loss Ohio St. given Baylor's weak OOC scheduling.
        “Not the victory but the action. Not the goal but the game. In the deed the glory.”
        "All things are measured against Nebraska." falafel

Comment

• Originally posted by Paperback Writer View Post
          Objection!
          It is not a fact that if Ohio St. wins out, the Buckeyes will receive a playoff invite. Undefeated Alabama, Clemson, and Washington are all in front of Ohio St. The key is the Big 12. If Baylor or West Virginia win out, Ohio St. could be left out of the playoffs. I'm not stating that Baylor or West Virginia are better teams or more deserving than Ohio St. Just that an undefeated P5 conference champ will get a playoff invite over a one-loss P5 conference champ. On the other hand, justice would be served by passing up an undefeated Baylor in order to invite a one-loss Ohio St. given Baylor's weak OOC scheduling.
          My dream is they are left out because they do not have a conference championship game.. Even if one of them is undefeated..

Comment

Objection!
            It's not a fixed fact but the chances are quite good.
            τὸν ἥλιον ἀνατέλλοντα πλείονες ἢ δυόμενον προσκυνοῦσιν

Comment

• dabrock your real life name isn't Josh is it?

http://awfulannouncing.com/2016/list...medium=twitter
              Get confident, stupid
              -landpoke

Comment

• Originally posted by HuskyFreeNorthwest View Post
                dabrock your real life name isn't Josh is it?

http://awfulannouncing.com/2016/list...medium=twitter
                I wonder if this guy has gone to Herbie's home in Nashville to unleash his insaneness..

What a Nutso..

Comment

• The Official OSU and Urban Meyer Era begins now thread

Originally posted by Paperback Writer View Post
                  Objection!
                  Down goes WV!! Down goes Baylor!!!

The Big 12 is out of the playoff hunt and all is well with the world.. Kharma coming back to bite you in the ass for your arrogance in not expanding and how you went about it.. SUCK IT!!!

Now, If Ohio St. Keeps playing like this they will lose to Nebraska and Michigan.. Man.. they looked awful!

Last edited by dabrockster; 10-30-2016, 05:09 AM.

Comment

Looks like a loss was what we needed to step up.

However, interesting things still at play here.

Penn St: If they win out and Ohio St. Wins out. Penn St. Will get the nod for the CCG game against Nebraska. Even if they beat Nebraska, there is still a possibility that Ohio St. Will be in the 4th spot for the CFP (As long as Washington loses). More likely if Penn St. Loses to Nebraska in the CCG. But they have to blow out the remaining teams.. Including beating Michigan soundly..

This could be the year in the CFP to have a non Conference Champion.

I am hoping Penn St. Loses so this is not even a possibility...

Last edited by dabrockster; 11-06-2016, 01:25 PM.

Comment

Duplicate

Comment

Penn St: If they win out and Ohio St. Wins out. Penn St. Will get the nod for the CCG game against Nebraska. Even if they beat Nebraska, there is still a possibility that Ohio St. Will be in the 4th spot for the CFP (As long as Washington loses). More likely if Penn St. Loses to Nebraska in the CCG. But they have to blow out the remaining teams.. Including beating Michigan soundly..

I would think they will be heavy favorites in their last 2 games if they win this week. Rutgers and Michigan State aren't likely to put up too much resistance. Your best bet is that they lose this week to Indiana.
                        Will donate kidney for B12 membership.

Comment

Ohio St., Michigan, or Penn St. won't be playing Nebraska in the CCG; Wisconsin will win the Big Ten West. The Big Ten could still get a couple of teams in the playoffs if Ohio St. wins out or if Wisconsin wins the Big Ten.
                          “Not the victory but the action. Not the goal but the game. In the deed the glory.”

Comment

Ohio St., Michigan, or Penn St. won't be playing Nebraska in the CCG; Wisconsin will win the Big Ten West. The Big Ten could still get a couple of teams in the playoffs if Ohio St. wins out or if Wisconsin wins the Big Ten.
                            My bad.. I forgot they were in the other division..

Two from Big Ten. Would be glorious but will never happen.. Last 3 weeks will be interesting.

Comment

My bad.. I forgot they were in the other division..

Two from Big Ten. Would be glorious but will never happen.. Last 3 weeks will be interesting.
                              All it would take is Ohio St. winning out and Washington losing to either of USC/Washington St. and then losing in the PAC-12 CG. In that scenario, it would be Alabama, Clemson, Ohio St., and Michigan. Big 12 champ and PAC-12 champ would both have two losses and Michigan would be the best one-loss team losing only to Ohio St.

Comment

• That win was less than impressive and am afraid it may show in the coming CFP rankings..

Hopefully UM pulls out their win and a win against them will seal the deal!!

Comment

Working...
                                X