THE (tm) Official End of ... THE (tm) Ohio St. ... Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by dabrockster View Post
    We didn't want ya anyway.. Good luck with that. This will give woot a reason to why they will lose here on out..
    Better dead than red.
    Jesus wants me for a sunbeam.

"Cog dis is a bitch." -James Patterson

Comment

Looks like last recruit, Stephon Diggs is Maryland bound pre reports.. Good luck to him if he decides to go there.. He has been very professional through all of this..

Comment

Looks like last recruit, Stephon Diggs is Maryland bound pre reports.. Good luck to him if he decides to go there.. He has been very professional through all of this..
        The locals here are freaking out about this potential commit for the Terps. Many in the local media hate Randy Edsall and think he should be fired. If he can land this kid, it'll be huge.
        "They're good. They've always been good" - David Shaw.

Well, because he thought it was good sport. Because some men aren't looking for anything logical, like money. They can't be bought, bullied, reasoned, or negotiated with. Some men just want to watch the world burn.

Comment

Good luck diggs. A WR with no good QB to throw to him. Great idea.
          Fitter. Happier. More Productive.

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by TripletDaddy View Post
            My only hope that he will sign with tOSU.. That ad the fact Urban will allow this kid the most opportunity to shine...

Comment

Originally posted by TripletDaddy View Post
              This would be true at OSU as well.

Comment

Originally posted by woot View Post
                This would be true at OSU as well.
                Says the guy who has Denard Robinson as his prized QB

A majority of coaches would take Braxton Miller over Denard in a heartbeat.. Braxton played as a True Frosh last year and is only going to get better (Denard as a Junior barely beat a 6-7 tOSU at home.). Lets not forget we are talking about Urban who runs a different type of spread.. I can easily see Diggs in a Wildcat position at tOSU.. Opportunities to have his hands on the ball and shine is substantially better at tOSU imo..

Comment

Says the guy who has Denard Robinson as his prized QB

A majority of coaches would take Braxton Miller over Denard in a heartbeat.. Braxton played as a True Frosh last year and is only going to get better (Denard as a Junior barely beat a 6-7 tOSU at home.). Lets not forget we are talking about Urban who runs a different type of spread.. I can easily see Diggs in a Wildcat position at tOSU.. Opportunities to have his hands on the ball and shine is substantially better at tOSU imo..
                  Not convinced.

Comment

Not convinced.
                    I expect your posting late Nov. 24th will be much different then this.. I'll be looking forward to it..

Comment

Urban's full speech (Its an hour long) to the Ohio High School Football Coaches Association..

[YOUTUBE]SQ2Rvb68pwc[/YOUTUBE]

Couple of great nuggets in his speech.

About the 7 minute mark:
                      There's a couple of coaches, I guess, [censored]ed off that we've recruited some in-state guys to stay home. I've got news: we're going to recruit 'em harder to stay home. So, for those guys [censored]ed here's a little message, we're gonna come at you even harder. We're not gonna let them leave the state if we can do anything about it. Because I believe in Ohio, this is my home...
                      Around the 10:30 minute mark he shares a story about Earl Bruce that he says is true but there is no effing way..

Earl Bruce is talking about toughness and pulls out a snapping turtle and unzips his fly.. And Urban thinks in his mind. "What in the shit is he doing"...
                      You have to listen to the rest of it.. Hilarious..

Last one: Talking about Mike Leach (44:00 Minute mark):

"Mike Leach is a certified nutjob. Great friend of mine -- out of his damn mind. We're not going to do what he does on offense. We don't believe in it. I mean it's the most bizarre [Mark May] you've ever seen."
                      Last edited by dabrockster; 02-14-2012, 05:59 AM.

Comment

2013 recruiting class: Urban has already locked up the Top 3 players in the state..

Billy Price said he doesn’t pay much attention to rankings by the various recruiting services, but he was aware of them enough to know that when he committed to Ohio State’s 2013 class yesterday it would be seen as a major moment.

“The ratings mean nothing to me particularly,” said the two-way lineman from Austintown, Ohio. “But I do know that having the top three players from the state of Ohio committed and staying in state to play for the Ohio State University — I believe the 2013 class is going to be rolling.”

Price, of Austintown Fitch, is rated No. 3 in the state by recruiting analyst Bill Kurelic of Bucknuts, who has cornerback Cam Burrows of Trotwood-Madison No. 1 and quarterback/athlete Jalin Marshall of Middletown No. 2. Burrows was the first to commit to Ohio State for 2013, in January, and Marshall followed on Jan. 30.

Then came Price yesterday, “and it’s still February 2012,” Kurelic said. “This is a huge start for (coach) Urban Meyer and his staff, and maybe shows you what’s about to come.”

At 6 feet 4 and 280 pounds, Price is projected as a defensive lineman in college, though Kurelic pointed out he has the ability and the tenacity to play on offense or defense.

Rivals.com has Burrows and Marshall rated Nos. 1 and 2, respectively, in the state, also, while it has Price at No. 7. Price had received at least 10 scholarship offers, including from Nebraska and Notre Dame.

“I was just really comfortable with Ohio State,” Price said. “The academics are really strong, and my family is very comfortable with coach Meyer and his staff. I got all the questions I had about Ohio State answered, and it was finally time.”

He thinks he, Burrows and Marshall are part of another run of Ohio State recruiting success that will play out over the next few months.

“Hopefully, we’re going to pick up a lot more Ohio guys, since Ohio is the priority,” Price said. “I’m talking about guys like Taco Charlton (defensive end from Pickerington Central), Jake Butt (tight end from Pickerington North), Courtney Love (linebacker from Youngstown Mooney) and Mitch Trubisky (quarterback from Mentor) — all these guys could have an impact for the 2013 class.

“With us already having the top three guys, I think people are going to jump on board.”
                        http://www.buckeyextra.com/content/s...ass-of-13.html

Comment

Urban at it again.. This is located at the WHAC (Woody Hayes Athletic Facility)..

Comment

Urban at it again.. This is located at the WHAC (Woody Hayes Athletic Facility)..

Good call by Urban, convincing that many kids to get a criminology degree. Are those the guys ultimately vying for a grad assistant job?

As to his speech posted earlier - I know he's a good coach. I know he gives a good talk and gets people excited. But do they really believe him? I mean, when he says stuff like "Ohio is my home" do they wonder about the fact that he told Utah and Florida similar things?

Comment

That's funny. Obviously cherry-picked stats, not to mention that "general studies" is often a major you declare before you actually choose one. And I thought everybody knew that "communication" is a total blow-off major. "Family resource management"? Seriously?

Of course the funniest thing here is Urban bringing up anything at all academic in a comparison between the two schools. He'd do best to avoid that topic.

Comment

That's funny. Obviously cherry-picked stats, not to mention that "general studies" is often a major you declare before you actually choose one. And I thought everybody knew that "communication" is a total blow-off major. "Family resource management"? Seriously?

Of course the funniest thing here is Urban bringing up anything at all academic in a comparison between the two schools. He'd do best to avoid that topic.
                                I'm trying to stay away from that one...too many directions you could go....

Comment

Working...
                                X