THE (tm) Official End of ... THE (tm) Ohio St. ... Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by TripletDaddy View Post
    that will be cool if Torrance Gibson is part of the class that actually wins either a bowl game or a b10 conference championship.
    Nobody has done what Urban Meyer has done. He's the greatest living college coach, who ever coached college.
    When a true genius appears, you can know him by this sign: that all the dunces are in a confederacy against him.

--Jonathan Swift

Comment

• Originally posted by SeattleUte View Post
      Nobody has done what Urban Meyer has done. He's the greatest living college coach, who ever coached college.
      what has he done? maybe Im missing something.
      Fitter. Happier. More Productive.

sigpic

Comment

what has he done? maybe Im missing something.
        He must be talking about multiple national championships......oh wait 12 other coaches have done that.

Maybe it is the multiple BCS bowls for a non-bcs team.......nevermind that has also been done.

Yep not sure what he is talking about
        *Banned*

Comment

• Probably talking about faking his own death to get out of an iron-clad contract and go coach somewhere else. Dude's got cajones!
          "I'm anti, can't no government handle a commando / Your man don't want it, Trump's a bitch! I'll make his whole brand go under,"

Comment

that will be cool if Torrance Gibson is part of the class that actually wins either a bowl game or a b10 conference championship.
            In his 3rd year here.

1st year: 12-0(Unable to go bowling),
            2nd year: 12-2 (Losses to Clemson and MSU).
            3rd year: 7-1 (We'll see how he does)

:chatterbox:Get back to me when USC can beat Utah...

Comment

• Originally posted by dabrockster View Post
              In his 3rd year here.

lol

Comment

In his 3rd year here.

I could be mistaken but I assumed that when he was hired, the expectation was higher than zero conference championships and zero bowl wins. If those were the expectations, Ohio State should poach Charlie Weis from Kansas for a much lower salary. Then again, if those were the expectations, why get rid of Urb? he seems to be meeting every expectation.

sigpic

Comment

I could be mistaken but I assumed that when he was hired, the expectation was higher than zero conference championships and zero bowl wins. If those were the expectations, Ohio State should poach Charlie Weis from Kansas for a much lower salary. Then again, if those were the expectations, why get rid of Urb? he seems to be meeting every expectation.
                  Dabrockster and Ohio State fans are more worried about the journey than the destination.

Comment

And I assumed when Sark was hired he would have less than 3 losses in a season. Or is that the expectation of USC now.. Guess that should be expected...

Like most intelligent people. We can recognize circumstances and do not base his record on the 3 specific things you like to mention as a failure...

Comment

And I assumed when Sark was hired he would have less than 3 losses in a season. Or is that the expectation of USC now.. Guess that should be expected...

Like most intelligent people. We can recognize circumstances and do not base his record on the 3 specific things you like to mention as a failure...
                      why would you assume that about sark??

I've never mentioned Urb as a "failure." I was simply stating his achievements thus far at OSU, which, in reality, are minimal. OSU could have hired pretty much anybody to lead the team to zero bowl wins and zero conference championships. Not sure how you are getting around that one. What circumstances are you recognizing, specifically? What circumstances prevented him from winning the bowl game last season (other than the inconvenient circumstance of being outcoached!) or a conference championship?

Unlike others in this thread, I don't like to mock Urb's hypochondria nor his drug addiction. Those are both serious issues. If you are attributing his record to those issues, then ok I would agree with you.

sigpic

Comment

why would you assume that about sark??

I've never mentioned Urb as a "failure." I was simply stating his achievements thus far at OSU, which, in reality, are minimal. OSU could have hired pretty much anybody to lead the team to zero bowl wins and zero conference championships. Not sure how you are getting around that one. What circumstances are you recognizing, specifically? What circumstances prevented him from winning the bowl game last season (other than the inconvenient circumstance of being outcoached!) or a conference championship?

Unlike others in this thread, I don't like to mock Urb's hypochondria nor his drug addiction. Those are both serious issues. If you are attributing his record to those issues, then ok I would agree with you.
                        Most people would say 31-3 thus far is quite an accomplishment. Despite no conference championship and bowl win (yet), how many coaches could have done what Urban has done? Why is winning football games at over 90% not anything more than minimal in your opinion?
                        When things are at their darkest, it's a brave man that can kick back and party. --Tuck Pendleton

Comment

• Originally posted by BrutusBuckeye View Post
                          Most people would say 31-3 thus far is quite an accomplishment. Despite no conference championship and bowl win (yet), how many coaches could have done what Urban has done? Why is winning football games at over 90% not anything more than minimal in your opinion?
                          Because DDD is a Ohio State hater pure and simple. He's a SC fan. What else can we expect..

Oh, and he like to troll me on this..

Comment

• Originally posted by BrutusBuckeye View Post
                            Despite no conference championship and bowl win (yet), how many coaches could have done what Urban has done?
                            most of them?

sigpic

Comment

Because DDD is a Ohio State hater pure and simple.
                              unfair.

sigpic

Comment

most of them?
                                Most coaches could win over 90% of their games over three seasons?
                                When things are at their darkest, it's a brave man that can kick back and party. --Tuck Pendleton

Comment

Working...
                                X