THE (tm) Official End of ... THE (tm) Ohio St. ... Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Hot Lunch View Post
    Is there anyone other than yourself on this site that actually cares about Ohio St. football? Better question, is there anyone on this site other than Dabster that doesn't despise Ohio St. football?
    Nope.
    Dyslexics are teople poo...

Comment

Is there anyone other than yourself on this site that actually cares about Ohio St. football? Better question, is there anyone on this site other than Dabster that doesn't despise Ohio St. football?
      Me.
      A man who views the world the same at fifty as he did at twenty has wasted thirty years of his life. - Mohammad Ali

Comment

• Originally posted by CJF View Post
        Me.
        Really? Maybe I did know that.
        "Take it to the Bank"

Comment

HA!!!

I am devoted to this thread. Let it be my legacy.. What type of legacy?? That is determined by each person.. I stand to be mocked, ridiculed, spat on, whateve's..

Comment

Since Nebraska is in the Big Ten with Ohio St., I pay some attention to the Buckeyes. It's always reassuring to know just how far Ohio St. is out recruting the rest of the conference.

Edit:
            I am devoted to this thread. Let it be my legacy.. What type of legacy?? That is determined by each person.. I stand to be mocked, ridiculed, spat on, whateve's..
            I'll give dabrockster this much, he has more stones than I. I haven't started a "Nebraska Football" thread because "...I stand to be mocked, ridiculed, spot on...."
            Last edited by Paperback Writer; 02-07-2014, 10:13 AM.
            “Not the victory but the action. Not the goal but the game. In the deed the glory.”
            "All things are measured against Nebraska." falafel

Comment

• Originally posted by dabrockster View Post
              HA!!!

More power to you for sticking to your guns. That being said, I will be spit, mock and verbally crucify your Buckeyes.
              "Take it to the Bank"

Comment

Really? Maybe I did know that.
                Yeah, I've always cheered for tOSU as my secondary team. Lots of family in the Columbus area and several grads from tOSU in the family. Before I got married I used to regularly go to their Spring game. UM hasn't helped. I knew he would end up there well before he did and it's been kind of crappy since. I've somewhat cooled on football as a whole, especially in college. The head injuries really bother me. Throw in Urb and I'm only a fan of the Bucks in name only recently. I know very little of their team anymore. Still love being on campus there. It's a great place.
                A man who views the world the same at fifty as he did at twenty has wasted thirty years of his life. - Mohammad Ali

Comment

• Originally posted by Paperback Writer View Post
                  Since Nebraska is in the Big Ten with Ohio St., I pay some attention to the Buckeyes. It's always reassuring to know just how far Ohio St. is out recruting the rest of the conference.

Edit:

I'll give dabrockster this much, he has more stones than I. I haven't started a "Nebraska Football" thread because "...I stand to be mocked, ridiculed, spot on...."
                  I think you should.. I love football. I love to learn about programs. Their history, their team, whatever updates is provided. I would be interested in hearing how they did in recruiting this year. I would be curious to hear what the feeling is about Pelini and if he will be fired (If he does, I hope we can pick him up as a coach and bring him home). ;-)

Comment

• Originally posted by CJF View Post
                    Yeah, I've always cheered for tOSU as my secondary team. Lots of family in the Columbus area and several grads from tOSU in the family. Before I got married I used to regularly go to their Spring game. UM hasn't helped. I knew he would end up there well before he did and it's been kind of crappy since. I've somewhat cooled on football as a whole, especially in college. The head injuries really bother me. Throw in Urb and I'm only a fan of the Bucks in name only recently. I know very little of their team anymore. Still love being on campus there. It's a great place.
                    I have to be honest. I thought UM would bring Buckeye fans to another level of frenzy but I have not seen it. I think there are many factors to this. The main one being the Big Ten Conference.. The negative opinion of the conference has curbed the frenzy and UM being here has not changed anything yet. And missing a bowl game was not helpful either..

I did not see many fans go crazy when we lost or go crazy on UM for the loss either.. Its just a different feeling now.. And since I have been coaching wrestling my hunger for football has been replaced with my passion for wrestling. I didn't even watch very many bowls this year. BYU's and Ohio St. That was it.. I didn't even watch the SB.

Comment

• Booo Ohio State! Booo! We hate the Buckeyes! Everybody does!

Comment

• Originally posted by YOhio View Post
                        Booo Ohio State! Booo! We hate the Buckeyes! Everybody does!
                        There he is.. Still waiting on DDD...

Comment

• Dabster, you have it all wrong. I dont mind the Luckeyes. Easy wins for SC.
                          Fitter. Happier. More Productive.

sigpic

Comment

• Originally posted by TripletDaddy View Post
                            Dabster, you have it all wrong. I dont mind the Luckeyes. Easy wins for SC.
                            Annnnnnnnnd THERE he is!!!!

Comment

• replied to wrong post
                              “Not the victory but the action. Not the goal but the game. In the deed the glory.”

Comment

• Originally posted by dabrockster View Post
                                I think you should.. I love football. I love to learn about programs. Their history, their team, whatever updates is provided. I would be interested in hearing how they did in recruiting this year. I would be curious to hear what the feeling is about Pelini and if he will be fired (If he does, I hope we can pick him up as a coach and bring him home). ;-)
                                As Lebowski has stated several times, "Nobody here cares about Nebraska". If I roll out my Scarlet and Cream rug to start a thread, Lebowski, DDD, YOhio, and others are sure to pee on it like a Chinaman Asian-American. Personally, I think such a rug would tie the whole CS room together. Maybe in 2015 when BYU-Nebraska open the season....but I digress.

Here are some quick blurbs about Nebraska since you asked:
                                I don't put a lot of stock in recruiting rankings unless I have an opportunty to watch a HS player in person, not just highlight clips on YouTube. But Nebraska seemed to sign a decent class in a similar cluster with MSU, Michigan, PSU, and Wisconsin. They signed some very good OL prospects, an area where talent and depth is much needed.

The real question for Nebraska is who will earn the starting QB job this Fall. When Taylor Martinez (all-time yardage leader in offense) got injured, Nebraska's hope for the Rose Bowl went down the drain. I've seen enough of RFr T. Armstrong who took over for Martinez to hope that another highly thought of recruit who is coming off a redshirt will be better. Who knows? Hard to evaluate QBs when the OL is a mess because of injury and lack of talent. Their only all-conference OLineman also got injured. Hopefully, Nebraska has more depth on OL this fall. Nebraska does have talent at WR and quality depth at RB and returns one of the better RBs in the conference and perhaps nation (Amer Abdullah). Defense is still very young but I think the talent is there.

As far as Bo Pelini, Nebraska appears to be divided. His supporters point out he's won 9-10 games over 6 seasons and few other programs can claim that. Played in CCG half of those 6 years. Pelini's detractors point out Nebraska has lost 4 games every year, have lost all 3 CCGs so no championship, and has not led Nebraska to a BCS bowl game. They also point out Pelini's embarassing sideline antics and press conference comments that many view as detrimental to the university. Personally, I think Nebraska should keep Pelini unless they are sure to land the next Tom Osborne. If Nebraska should have a losing season before winning a Big Ten championship or BCS Bowl, Pelini will be gone. He would make an excellent DC and I think that better suits him. Should point out the Peleni has already proved to be an excellent DC at Nebraska (2003), OU (2004) and LSU (2005-07). If Nebraska fires him, UM would be wise to put Pelini on staff as his DC. The Buckeyes would be even more dominant with UM's recruiting and offense and Pelini's defense with Buckeye talent.

In 2014, Nebraska has a very favorable Big Ten schedule with only road games against Michigan St. and Wisconsin to worry about. If Nebraska can avoid crapping the bed @Northwestern, Minnesota (still can't believe that happened in 2013), and @Iowa, they should be in the Big Ten CCG. Only quality non-conference game is at home against Miami. But I thought the same thing in 2013. Nebraska was returning a 3-year starter at QB; if only Nebraska could keep winning until their young defense jelled. But then Martinez got injured in the opener and the second half against UCLA occurred.

Comment

Working...
                                X