Jordan Pendleton - Career-Ending Injury

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Shaka View Post
    Guys like Pendleton and Staley intrigue me. They are complete physical specimens but how did they get that way and did the process of building the body ultimately make them prone to injury? Is it possible that these guys put huge amounts of muscle on joints that were built to hold a 180lbs guy? I liken it to putting a larger engine in a car but keeping the transmission the same.

I remember Pendleton in high school. He was built about right for a college safety. Decent build but certainly not remotely close to what he is now. I do not discount that the body continues to grow after high school with the ability to put on muscle mass increasing. However it seems like when he made the switch to linebacker he became huge in a short amount of time.

Anyone have thoughts on this?
    I really don't know why he's injury prone, but I've had the same thought as you. He looks bigger than he should if that makes sense.

I wish him luck. He's a great player.
    "Remember to double tap"

Comment

Originally posted by venkman View Post
      I really don't know why he's injury prone, but I've had the same thought as you. He looks bigger than he should if that makes sense.

I wish him luck. He's a great player.
      Just say it, guys. You think he's juiced. I've had the thought as well.
      Jesus wants me for a sunbeam.

"Cog dis is a bitch." -James Patterson

Comment

That's awful, I hate seeing any college player get injured seriously.

Pendleton could have been great, he just never was able to stay healthy.
        Get confident, stupid
        -landpoke

Comment

Working...
        X