We're in

Collapse
X
 
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts
  • Blueintheface
    Senior Member
    • Sep 2009
    • 15382

    #16
    Originally posted by Hot Lunch View Post
    Come on Viking, you are an educated man. I am sure you can think of better ways to tell people off than this.
    Portuguese?
    "Either evolution or intelligent design can account for the athlete, but neither can account for the sports fan." - Robert Brault

    "Once I seen the trades go down and the other guys signed elsewhere," he said, "I knew it was my time now." - Derrick Favors

    Comment

    • Hot Lunch
      Out of Office
      • Nov 2008
      • 7842

      #17
      Originally posted by Blueintheface View Post
      Portuguese?
      I won't understand Portuguese. I am sure I can find a website to translate it for me.
      "Take it to the Bank"

      Comment

      • Blueintheface
        Senior Member
        • Sep 2009
        • 15382

        #18
        Originally posted by Hot Lunch View Post
        I won't understand Portuguese. I am sure I can find a website to translate it for me.
        Eu gostaria de comprá-lo almoço. Talvez um almoço quente.
        "Either evolution or intelligent design can account for the athlete, but neither can account for the sports fan." - Robert Brault

        "Once I seen the trades go down and the other guys signed elsewhere," he said, "I knew it was my time now." - Derrick Favors

        Comment

        • Coach McGuirk
          1
          • Nov 2008
          • 12109

          #19
          Originally posted by Hot Lunch View Post
          I won't understand Portuguese. I am sure I can find a website to translate it for me.
          Vai Se Foder, Portuguese mudslide.

          Comment

          • Viking
            Banned
            • Jun 2009
            • 6470

            #20
            Originally posted by Coach McGuirk View Post
            Vai Se Foder, Portuguese mudslide.
            I'm sure you say that to all the girls.

            Comment

            • Coach McGuirk
              1
              • Nov 2008
              • 12109

              #21
              Originally posted by Viking View Post
              I'm sure you say that to all the girls.
              That was a long count to ten.

              Comment

              • Viking
                Banned
                • Jun 2009
                • 6470

                #22
                Originally posted by myboynoah View Post
                C'mon Viking, my 12-year-old was sitting next to me.
                Sorry.

                I teach my children correct principles, then I routinely show how not to live them.

                Comment

                • Uncle Ted
                  The Big 12 money shot.
                  • Apr 2010
                  • 28853

                  #23
                  Nice. Both the Big East and Big 12 will be in DFW. Now the Pac-12 needs to invite and add the University of North Texas.
                  "If there is one thing I am, it's always right." -Ted Nugent.
                  "I honestly believe saying someone is a smart lawyer is damning with faint praise. The smartest people become engineers and scientists." -SU.
                  "Yet I still see wisdom in that which Uncle Ted posts." -creek.
                  GIVE 'EM HELL, BRIGHAM!

                  Comment

                  • Viking
                    Banned
                    • Jun 2009
                    • 6470

                    #24
                    Originally posted by Uncle Ted View Post
                    Nice. Both the Big East and Big 12 will be in DFW. Now the Pac-12 needs to invite and add the University of North Texas.
                    At least Dallas and Houston are east of Ft. Worth.

                    Nothing good exists west of Arlington

                    Comment

                    • Top Ute
                      Junior Member
                      • May 2010
                      • 2194

                      #25
                      Lost in all of this is that BSU president Kustra says Boise wouldn't join without the formation of a Western conference, a conference that as things stand now, is absent one member, although I'm only counting BSU, SMU, Houston and AFA as Western schools.

                      This is BYU's last good chance at being part of a "BCS" conference. Not sure if the BE's additions are enough.

                      Comment

                      • UtahJazzFan88
                        Jazz | Utes | Raiders
                        • Oct 2011
                        • 1678

                        #26
                        Originally posted by Top Ute View Post
                        Lost in all of this is that BSU president Kustra says Boise wouldn't join without the formation of a Western conference, a conference that as things stand now, is absent one member, although I'm only counting BSU, SMU, Houston and AFA as Western schools.

                        This is BYU's last good chance at being part of a "BCS" conference. Not sure if the BE's additions are enough.
                        As I said in the Gordon Monson's thread in the News Wire. What does BYU have to lose by joining the Big East for a couple years as an AQ, and luring the BCS with the new additions into keeping it, if they lose it, what do they have to lose, they can always go back to being independent?
                        Last edited by UtahJazzFan88; 11-03-2011, 04:16 PM.

                        Comment

                        • Top Ute
                          Junior Member
                          • May 2010
                          • 2194

                          #27
                          Originally posted by UtahJazzFan88 View Post
                          As I said in the Gordon Monson's thread in the News Wire. What does BYU have to lose by joining the Big East for a couple years as an AQ, and luring the BCS with the new additions into keeping it, if they lose it, what do they have to lose?
                          BYU needs to quit the string-pulling about BYUtv and any perceived benefits of independence and pull the trigger.

                          With BSU and AFA (and I'm still wondering who is in a Western Division along with SMU and Houston), having BYU in is a good compromise to the MWC and being indy. You'll get your back-east exposure, you'll have regional rivals on the calendar every year and you've scheduled decently enough over the next 2-3 years that you can pick and choose which series you want to honor and which ones you want to buy out of.

                          Bigger bonus is if the BE has an 8-game sked instead of 9, which would seem likely.

                          Comment

                          • lambdacoug
                            Junior Member
                            • Oct 2011
                            • 3981

                            #28
                            Originally posted by Viking View Post
                            Utah
                            TCU
                            BSU
                            AFA
                            HOU
                            SMU


                            All into BCS conferences before BYU.
                            BYU is doing a good job of showing that it run by a bunch of fucking morans.
                            Don't worry about people stealing your ideas. If your ideas are any good, you'll have to ram them down people's throats.
                            - Howard Aiken

                            Any sufficiently complicated platform contains an ad hoc, informally-specified, bug-ridden, slow implementation of half of a functional programming language.
                            - Variation on Greenspun's Tenth Rule

                            Comment

                            • UtahJazzFan88
                              Jazz | Utes | Raiders
                              • Oct 2011
                              • 1678

                              #29
                              Originally posted by Top Ute View Post
                              BYU needs to quit the string-pulling about BYUtv and any perceived benefits of independence and pull the trigger.

                              With BSU and AFA (and I'm still wondering who is in a Western Division along with SMU and Houston), having BYU in is a good compromise to the MWC and being indy. You'll get your back-east exposure, you'll have regional rivals on the calendar every year and you've scheduled decently enough over the next 2-3 years that you can pick and choose which series you want to honor and which ones you want to buy out of.

                              Bigger bonus is if the BE has an 8-game sked instead of 9, which would seem likely.
                              I get what you're saying, but don't you think there's a possibility that BYU could get away with that string pulling in comparison to the Big 12? The Big East needs Boise State/BYU (Boise State might not join without BYU) more than they do the Big East in my opinion, so BYU can still pull strings by keeping that ESPN contract, and BYUtv rebroadcast deal.

                              Comment

                              • Donuthole
                                Official Outgayer
                                • Nov 2008
                                • 25270

                                #30
                                Originally posted by UtahJazzFan88 View Post
                                I get what you're saying, but don't you think there's a possibility that BYU could get away with that string pulling in comparison to the Big 12? The Big East needs Boise State/BYU (Boise State might not join without BYU) more than they do the Big East in my opinion, so BYU can still pull strings by keeping that ESPN contract, and BYUtv rebroadcast deal.
                                I do not think that term means what you think it means.
                                Prepare to put mustard on those words, for you will soon be consuming them, along with this slice of humble pie that comes direct from the oven of shame set at gas mark “egg on your face”! -- Moss

                                There's three rules that I live by: never get less than twelve hours sleep; never play cards with a guy who's got the same first name as a city; and never go near a lady's got a tattoo of a dagger on her body. Now you stick to that, everything else is cream cheese. --Coach Finstock

                                Comment

                                Working...