A Cautionary Tale

Collapse
X
 
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts
  • Jarid in Cedar
    CS Institutional Memory
    • Jun 2009
    • 13234

    #16
    Originally posted by jay santos View Post
    Funny. But it seems really odd for someone to have this much insight and knowledge for a team he can't stand.
    I gain all the insight I need reading this board.
    "The first thing I learned upon becoming a head coach after fifteen years as an assistant was the enormous difference between making a suggestion and making a decision."

    "They talk about the economy this year. Hey, my hairline is in recession, my waistline is in inflation. Altogether, I'm in a depression."

    "I like to bike. I could beat Lance Armstrong, only because he couldn't pass me if he was behind me."

    -Rick Majerus

    Comment

    • Jarid in Cedar
      CS Institutional Memory
      • Jun 2009
      • 13234

      #17
      Originally posted by MarkGrace View Post
      This tale has not concluded and the gracians shall have their day!

      Also, jake has been better in his starts against utah than max.
      Wins>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>Stats
      "The first thing I learned upon becoming a head coach after fifteen years as an assistant was the enormous difference between making a suggestion and making a decision."

      "They talk about the economy this year. Hey, my hairline is in recession, my waistline is in inflation. Altogether, I'm in a depression."

      "I like to bike. I could beat Lance Armstrong, only because he couldn't pass me if he was behind me."

      -Rick Majerus

      Comment

      • LA Ute
        Receiver of Memory
        • Nov 2008
        • 19512

        #18
        “There is a great deal of difference in believing something still, and believing it again.”
        ― W.H. Auden


        "God made the angels to show His splendour - as He made animals for innocence and plants for their simplicity. But men and women He made to serve Him wittily, in the tangle of their minds."
        -- Robert Bolt, A Man for All Seasons


        "It is only with the heart that one can see rightly; what is essential is invisible to the eye."
        --Antoine de Saint-Exupery

        Comment

        • MarkGrace
          Grooveshark dick tease
          • Dec 2008
          • 31546

          #19
          Originally posted by Jarid in Cedar View Post
          Wins>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>Stats
          Agreed. It's the same argument I make as to why Max was better than Young, Wilson, McMahon, Detmer, et al.
          So Russell...what do you love about music? To begin with, everything.

          Comment

          • Donuthole
            Official Outgayer
            • Nov 2008
            • 25276

            #20
            You forgot the part about the entire thing being orchestrated by an enemy to Provotopia:

            Prepare to put mustard on those words, for you will soon be consuming them, along with this slice of humble pie that comes direct from the oven of shame set at gas mark “egg on your face”! -- Moss

            There's three rules that I live by: never get less than twelve hours sleep; never play cards with a guy who's got the same first name as a city; and never go near a lady's got a tattoo of a dagger on her body. Now you stick to that, everything else is cream cheese. --Coach Finstock

            Comment

            • YOhio
              Hipster Mode
              • Nov 2008
              • 26165

              #21
              This man with no loyalties has to fit in somewhere.

              Comment

              • il Padrino Ute
                Junior Member
                • Nov 2008
                • 19161

                #22
                Originally posted by YOhio View Post
                This man BYU grad with no loyalties has to fit in somewhere.

                Fixed that for you.
                "Socialism is a philosophy of failure, the creed of ignorance and the gospel of envy; its inherent virtue is the equal sharing of misery." - Winston Churchill


                "I only know what I hear on the news." - Dear Leader

                Comment

                • Jarid in Cedar
                  CS Institutional Memory
                  • Jun 2009
                  • 13234

                  #23


                  Taking ideas for a few more pages.
                  "The first thing I learned upon becoming a head coach after fifteen years as an assistant was the enormous difference between making a suggestion and making a decision."

                  "They talk about the economy this year. Hey, my hairline is in recession, my waistline is in inflation. Altogether, I'm in a depression."

                  "I like to bike. I could beat Lance Armstrong, only because he couldn't pass me if he was behind me."

                  -Rick Majerus

                  Comment

                  • MarkGrace
                    Grooveshark dick tease
                    • Dec 2008
                    • 31546

                    #24
                    Damn you!
                    So Russell...what do you love about music? To begin with, everything.

                    Comment

                    • Art Vandelay
                      Striving for mediocrity
                      • Jul 2009
                      • 10516

                      #25
                      JIC, you may have wandered in the wilderness for a time, but you heart has been softened and you have returned to the flock. You, my friend, are ready to accept your destiny - Deacons quorum adviser.

                      Comment

                      • LA Ute
                        Receiver of Memory
                        • Nov 2008
                        • 19512

                        #26
                        Originally posted by Art Vandelay View Post
                        JIC, you may have wandered in the wilderness for a time, but you heart has been softened and you have returned to the flock. You, my friend, are ready to accept your destiny - Deacons quorum adviser.
                        Montana Council???
                        “There is a great deal of difference in believing something still, and believing it again.”
                        ― W.H. Auden


                        "God made the angels to show His splendour - as He made animals for innocence and plants for their simplicity. But men and women He made to serve Him wittily, in the tangle of their minds."
                        -- Robert Bolt, A Man for All Seasons


                        "It is only with the heart that one can see rightly; what is essential is invisible to the eye."
                        --Antoine de Saint-Exupery

                        Comment

                        • kccougar
                          9262
                          • Nov 2008
                          • 7020

                          #27
                          How did I miss this one the first time around? Well done.
                          "It's devastating, because we lost to a team that's not even in the Pac-12. To lose to Utah State is horrible." - John White IV

                          Comment

                          • lambdacoug
                            Junior Member
                            • Oct 2011
                            • 3981

                            #28
                            Originally posted by The Notorious J.I.C. View Post
                            awesomeness


                            Priceless!!!
                            Last edited by lambdacoug; 12-06-2011, 08:25 PM.
                            Don't worry about people stealing your ideas. If your ideas are any good, you'll have to ram them down people's throats.
                            - Howard Aiken

                            Any sufficiently complicated platform contains an ad hoc, informally-specified, bug-ridden, slow implementation of half of a functional programming language.
                            - Variation on Greenspun's Tenth Rule

                            Comment

                            • SeattleUte
                              Faith crisis consultant
                              • Nov 2008
                              • 20837

                              #29
                              Originally posted by kccougar View Post
                              How did I miss this one the first time around? Well done.
                              How did I miss it? Well done.
                              When a true genius appears, you can know him by this sign: that all the dunces are in a confederacy against him.

                              --Jonathan Swift

                              Comment

                              • wuapinmon
                                Soul Plumber
                                • Dec 2008
                                • 30711

                                #30
                                It's seriously bugging me that you didn't use "Provtopia." "Provotopia" doesn't fit. "Cougtopia' even sounds somewhat like the 'u'topia that you were aiming for. But, be cautioned, "U"topia lends itself rather well to future mockery. The future is an undiscovered country!
                                "Wuap's "problem" is that he is smart & principled & committed to a moral course of action. His actions are supposed to reflect his ethical code.
                                The rest of us rarely bother to think about our actions." --Solon

                                Comment

                                Working...