Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Moliere View Post
    Yep, they are incompetent.

The Big 12 can't add anyone of significance because of the instability. They are left with Big East leftovers or pilfering the MWC.
    The B12 is a train wreck. I am getting a kick in the gut on both ends of this mess.
    "There is no creature more arrogant than a self-righteous libertarian on the web, am I right? Those folks are just intolerable."
    "It's no secret that the great American pastime is no longer baseball. Now it's sanctimony." -- Guy Periwinkle, The Nix.
    "Juilliardk N I ibuprofen Hyu I U unhurt u" - creekster

Comment

Originally posted by Jeff Lebowski View Post
      The B12 is a train wreck. I am getting a kick in the gut on both ends of this mess.
      Yeah I feel for you Texas Cougs.
      "Nobody listens to Turtle."
      -Turtle
      sigpic

Comment

the Hoyas need to say to hell with this mess and get the best Big East basketball only DI programs like GU and St. Johns and the Atlantic 10's cream and form an awesome basketball only DI conference. Maybe if Texas goes independent in football they should take Texas.
        When a true genius appears, you can know him by this sign: that all the dunces are in a confederacy against him.

--Jonathan Swift

Comment

Originally posted by SeattleUte View Post
          the Hoyas need to say to hell with this mess and get the best Big East basketball only DI programs like GU and St. Johns and the Atlantic 10's cream and form an awesome basketball only DI conference. Maybe if Texas goes independent in football they should take Texas.
          If they want a program that is definitely going to improve going forward and has a great tradition the Big East should try to poach the Utes too.

Comment

Washington just got jobbed by the refs.

Comment

Oops wrong forum.

Comment

Acc fires a huge shot. Dominoes should start falling soon with acc, sec and maybe B12 picking up the remains.

The interesting effect is on Notre Dame with all of their other sports. Big East folds and I think the Irish have to move to the B10. I honestly cannot see the Irish going anywhere else. Maybe B10 makes a play for Irish and Oklahoma and Texas. 4th team could be Rutgers to make the Big 16. I don't see B10 taking OKState because of academics

Pure speculation.

Comment

Scary. A Big Ten with ND, Tejas, Oklahomaoklahomaoklahoma!! along with their other big horses would be unbelievably powerful. That would actually be quite scary for the PAC. SEC should be vewy vewy scawed too.

Comment

The money certainly would be far lower for a basketball only conference (somewhat similar to WCC), but the overhead would be exceptionally small by comparison too. Football makes the BIG bucks but it also is prohibitively expensive for a program.

Comment

If the Big-12 manages to stay together things could get really interesting. It looks like conferences are trying to get to 14 teams. If the ACC gets Syracuse and Pitt, Florida State or any other member of the ACC won't go to the SEC. Maybe the 14th team to the ACC will be WVU. The big 12 could pick up a number of teams (BYU, TCU, Houston, SMU, Louisville). IN that case the PAC-12 is in a bit of a bind. They could take Boise but they offer nothing but football. BYU would make sense but that not going to happen. If the Big-12 falls apart the PAC is fine. Sheesh what a circus.

Comment

Originally posted by OrangeUte View Post
                        Acc fires a huge shot. Dominoes should start falling soon with acc, sec and maybe B12 picking up the remains.

The interesting effect is on Notre Dame with all of their other sports. Big East folds and I think the Irish have to move to the B10. I honestly cannot see the Irish going anywhere else. Maybe B10 makes a play for Irish and Oklahoma and Texas. 4th team could be Rutgers to make the Big 16. I don't see B10 taking OKState because of academics

Pure speculation.
                        If the B10 won't take OK St. because of academics neither will we. The Pac is better than the B10 in academics.
                        When a true genius appears, you can know him by this sign: that all the dunces are in a confederacy against him.

--Jonathan Swift

Comment

Originally posted by USU Coug View Post
                          If the Big-12 manages to stay together things could get really interesting. It looks like conferences are trying to get to 14 teams. If the ACC gets Syracuse and Pitt, Florida State or any other member of the ACC won't go to the SEC. Maybe the 14th team to the ACC will be WVU. The big 12 could pick up a number of teams (BYU, TCU, Houston, SMU, Louisville). IN that case the PAC-12 is in a bit of a bind. They could take Boise but they offer nothing but football. BYU would make sense but that not going to happen. If the Big-12 falls apart the PAC is fine. Sheesh what a circus.
                          I'm thinking Texas bites it and follows OKU and OKSU to the new PAC-16.
                          Give 'em Hell, Cougars!!!

For all this His anger is not turned away, but His hand is stretched out still.

Not long ago an obituary appeared in the Salt Lake Tribune that said the recently departed had "died doing what he enjoyed most—watching BYU lose."

Comment

If the B10 won't take OK St. because of academics neither will we. The Pac is better than the B10 in academics.
                            Yeah, sure. Not only will OKSU be coming, but TXTech as well.
                            Give 'em Hell, Cougars!!!

For all this His anger is not turned away, but His hand is stretched out still.

Not long ago an obituary appeared in the Salt Lake Tribune that said the recently departed had "died doing what he enjoyed most—watching BYU lose."

Comment

Lol! All schools in the B1G are AAU schools except Nebraska which just lost that distinction.
                              "Discipleship is not a spectator sport. We cannot expect to experience the blessing of faith by standing inactive on the sidelines any more than we can experience the benefits of health by sitting on a sofa watching sporting events on television and giving advice to the athletes. And yet for some, “spectator discipleship” is a preferred if not primary way of worshipping." -Pres. Uchtdorf

Comment

The Pac is better than the B10 in academics.
                                No it isn't. And both are behind the ACC.
                                "There is no creature more arrogant than a self-righteous libertarian on the web, am I right? Those folks are just intolerable."
                                "It's no secret that the great American pastime is no longer baseball. Now it's sanctimony." -- Guy Periwinkle, The Nix.
                                "Juilliardk N I ibuprofen Hyu I U unhurt u" - creekster

Comment

Working...
                                X