Oregon State Game

Collapse
X
 
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts
  • FMCoug
    Senior Member
    • Nov 2008
    • 6825

    #1

    Oregon State Game

    So I just figured out that I will be in Seattle the week before the Oregon State game. So I'm thinking of heading down for the game on Saturday.

    What is the closest / best airport for Corvallis?
    "It's true that everything happens for a reason. Just remember that sometimes that reason is that you did something really, really, stupid."
  • Color Me Badd Fan
    Senior Member
    • Jan 2009
    • 12519

    #2
    Originally posted by FMCoug View Post
    So I just figured out that I will be in Seattle the week before the Oregon State game. So I'm thinking of heading down for the game on Saturday.

    What is the closest / best airport for Corvallis?
    Portland I would imagine.
    Part of it is based on academic grounds. Among major conferences, the Pac-10 is the best academically, largely because of Stanford, Cal and UCLA. “Colorado is on a par with Oregon,” he said. “Utah isn’t even in the picture.”

    Comment

    • cougjunkie
      *Banned*
      • Nov 2008
      • 23223

      #3
      Originally posted by Color Me Badd Fan View Post
      Portland I would imagine.
      Eugene.
      *Banned*

      Comment

      • BigPiney
        Huge Member
        • Nov 2008
        • 12374

        #4
        Originally posted by FMCoug View Post
        What is the closest / best airport for Corvallis?
        Do you closest or best? Make up your mind. Eugene is closest, Portland probably have many more options.

        I miss Corvallis, that is a nice little town.

        Comment

        • Color Me Badd Fan
          Senior Member
          • Jan 2009
          • 12519

          #5
          Originally posted by cougjunkie View Post
          Eugene.
          Eugene is a great idea as long as you don't mind spending an extra couple hundred bucks rather than driving 36 extra miles. In fact, I'm amazed that the commercial flights out of Provo aren't doing better. No one needs to drive all the way up to Salt Lake.
          Part of it is based on academic grounds. Among major conferences, the Pac-10 is the best academically, largely because of Stanford, Cal and UCLA. “Colorado is on a par with Oregon,” he said. “Utah isn’t even in the picture.”

          Comment

          • myboynoah
            Senior Member
            • Nov 2008
            • 21719

            #6
            Further proof that CougarNation travels well.
            Give 'em Hell, Cougars!!!

            For all this His anger is not turned away, but His hand is stretched out still.

            Not long ago an obituary appeared in the Salt Lake Tribune that said the recently departed had "died doing what he enjoyed most—watching BYU lose."

            Comment

            • bluegoose
              7th round draft pick
              • Nov 2008
              • 4121

              #7
              Originally posted by FMCoug View Post
              So I just figured out that I will be in Seattle the week before the Oregon State game. So I'm thinking of heading down for the game on Saturday.

              What is the closest / best airport for Corvallis?
              I'm still considering going up for the game. Its about a 6 hour drive for me straight up I-5.

              Comment

              • splitbamboo
                Junior Member
                • Apr 2010
                • 130

                #8
                We're experiencing a family emergency and will not be able to go to the OSU game on the 15th.

                We have six tickets in Beaver territory (FIL is retired OSU prof) lower bowl, section 121 about half way up.

                We'd love to get what we paid for them ($60 each).

                BM me if interested.

                Comment

                • old_gregg
                  scaly man fish
                  • Nov 2009
                  • 16915

                  #9
                  our clan will be there
                  Te Occidere Possunt Sed Te Edere Non Possunt Nefas Est.

                  Comment

                  • TheBYUGuy
                    Friend of Rodin
                    • Sep 2009
                    • 1442

                    #10
                    FM, if you're lucky, HFN will be at the airport to greet you with a giant "Harline is still open" sign.

                    Comment

                    • BigPiney
                      Huge Member
                      • Nov 2008
                      • 12374

                      #11
                      I wish I was going. Corvallis is very nice this time of year. You can't lick our beavers!

                      Comment

                      • Green Monstah
                        Royal Rooter
                        • Aug 2010
                        • 13973

                        #12
                        Originally posted by splitbamboo View Post
                        We're experiencing a family emergency and will not be able to go to the OSU game on the 15th.

                        We have six tickets in Beaver territory (FIL is retired OSU prof) lower bowl, section 121 about half way up.

                        We'd love to get what we paid for them ($60 each).BM me if interested.
                        LOL! I bet you would.
                        Jesus wants me for a sunbeam.

                        "Cog dis is a bitch." -James Patterson

                        Comment

                        • cougjunkie
                          *Banned*
                          • Nov 2008
                          • 23223

                          #13
                          Originally posted by Color Me Badd Fan View Post
                          Eugene is a great idea as long as you don't mind spending an extra couple hundred bucks rather than driving 36 extra miles. In fact, I'm amazed that the commercial flights out of Provo aren't doing better. No one needs to drive all the way up to Salt Lake.
                          Have you checked flights out of Provo recently? They are actually doing pretty well especially to Denver.
                          *Banned*

                          Comment

                          • Sizzle
                            #ThisIsY
                            • Nov 2008
                            • 9004

                            #14
                            Sounds like the BYU-OSU game will be televised after all.

                            The game is scheduled for a 1 p.m. PT (2 p.m. MT) kickoff and will be broadcast live on Fox College Sports Pacific (DirecTV, Comcast) and KBYU television. Dave McCann will provide play-by-play for the game. The game is also available on Beaver Nation Online, OSU live audio/video platform via osubeavers.com, to paid subscribers with Mike Parker, Jim Wilson and Ron Callan calling the action.

                            The game will be rebroadcast on BYUtv at 7 p.m. PT (8 p.m. MT) and ROOT Sports NW at 7:30 p.m. PT. In addition, the rebroadcast will be available online at byutv.org.

                            Comment

                            • CardiacCoug
                              вот так штука
                              • Nov 2008
                              • 11013

                              #15
                              Originally posted by Sizzle View Post
                              Sounds like the BYU-OSU game will be televised after all.
                              That's great. Standard definition but better than no TV at all.

                              Comment

                              Working...