"Dear Tom Holmoe" - the thread for saying stuff to Tom Holmoe

Collapse
X
 
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts
  • myboynoah
    Senior Member
    • Nov 2008
    • 21719

    #331
    Originally posted by Shaka View Post

    It was about the reporting requirements.
    He'll have his day in court and I hope he gets justice if treated badly. Bad timing, but even then, I suspect BYU would be aiming higher.

    Do you have any thoughts on Darger?

    It will be hard to replace Holmoe, like it was with Glen Tuckett. How many LDS athletic management types are out there in the NFL, NBA, MLB, etc?
    Give 'em Hell, Cougars!!!

    For all this His anger is not turned away, but His hand is stretched out still.

    Not long ago an obituary appeared in the Salt Lake Tribune that said the recently departed had "died doing what he enjoyed most—watching BYU lose."

    Comment

    • beefytee
      Board eye candy
      • Mar 2009
      • 7542

      #332
      If there are strong internal candidates (There seems to be), they should consider them first. The program has been humming, Not the time to rock the boat.

      Comment

      • Shaka
        Senior Member
        • Dec 2008
        • 10449

        #333
        Originally posted by myboynoah View Post

        He'll have his day in court and I hope he gets justice if treated badly. Bad timing, but even then, I suspect BYU would be aiming higher.

        Do you have any thoughts on Darger?

        It will be hard to replace Holmoe, like it was with Glen Tuckett. How many LDS athletic management types are out there in the NFL, NBA, MLB, etc?
        Darger is my choice.

        Comment

        • Green Monstah
          Royal Rooter
          • Aug 2010
          • 13955

          #334
          Originally posted by Shaka View Post

          Darger is my choice.
          I don’t know anything about her other than she seemingly placated the LGBTQ community when they were ready to burn byu athletics to the ground.
          Jesus wants me for a sunbeam.

          "Cog dis is a bitch." -James Patterson

          Comment

          • BigPiney
            Huge Member
            • Nov 2008
            • 12366

            #335
            Originally posted by Green Monstah View Post

            I don’t know anything about her other than she seemingly placated the LGBTQ community when they were ready to burn byu athletics to the ground.
            Yep.

            Comment

            • MartyFunkhouser
              Disciple of RNGesus
              • Nov 2008
              • 18753

              #336
              After reading that, I am 100% against BYU hiring her. They should hire someone with AD experience. They really should try to hire Mark Harlan away for Utah
              As I lead this army, make room for mistakes and depression
              --Kendrick Lamar

              Comment

              • Jeff Lebowski
                Corporate lackey for Jesus
                • Nov 2008
                • 69705

                #337
                Originally posted by MartyFunkhouser View Post

                They really should try to hire Mark Harlan away for Utah
                Ha. I see a lot of Ute fans hoping for this outcome.
                "There is no creature more arrogant than a self-righteous libertarian on the web, am I right? Those folks are just intolerable."
                "It's no secret that the great American pastime is no longer baseball. Now it's sanctimony." -- Guy Periwinkle, The Nix.
                "Juilliardk N I ibuprofen Hyu I U unhurt u" - creekster

                Comment

                • myboynoah
                  Senior Member
                  • Nov 2008
                  • 21719

                  #338
                  Originally posted by Jeff Lebowski View Post

                  Ha. I see a lot of Ute fans hoping for this outcome.
                  Weird, because he is so perfect for that program.
                  Give 'em Hell, Cougars!!!

                  For all this His anger is not turned away, but His hand is stretched out still.

                  Not long ago an obituary appeared in the Salt Lake Tribune that said the recently departed had "died doing what he enjoyed most—watching BYU lose."

                  Comment

                  • myboynoah
                    Senior Member
                    • Nov 2008
                    • 21719

                    #339
                    Interesting.

                    Give 'em Hell, Cougars!!!

                    For all this His anger is not turned away, but His hand is stretched out still.

                    Not long ago an obituary appeared in the Salt Lake Tribune that said the recently departed had "died doing what he enjoyed most—watching BYU lose."

                    Comment

                    • Jeff Lebowski
                      Corporate lackey for Jesus
                      • Nov 2008
                      • 69705

                      #340
                      Originally posted by myboynoah View Post
                      Interesting.

                      That's good news.
                      "There is no creature more arrogant than a self-righteous libertarian on the web, am I right? Those folks are just intolerable."
                      "It's no secret that the great American pastime is no longer baseball. Now it's sanctimony." -- Guy Periwinkle, The Nix.
                      "Juilliardk N I ibuprofen Hyu I U unhurt u" - creekster

                      Comment

                      • myboynoah
                        Senior Member
                        • Nov 2008
                        • 21719

                        #341
                        Originally posted by Jeff Lebowski View Post

                        That's good news.
                        I agree. The times require this.
                        Give 'em Hell, Cougars!!!

                        For all this His anger is not turned away, but His hand is stretched out still.

                        Not long ago an obituary appeared in the Salt Lake Tribune that said the recently departed had "died doing what he enjoyed most—watching BYU lose."

                        Comment

                        • beefytee
                          Board eye candy
                          • Mar 2009
                          • 7542

                          #342
                          I would rather not risk all that BYU has built. I like where we have been and the direction we are going. If we have capable internal candidates ( big if, the three main candidates all have question marks), I would consider them before going outside.

                          But I’m conservative that way. I’m not a burn it to the ground/make BYU great again type guy.

                          Comment

                          • wally
                            <><><><><><><><>
                            • Jun 2010
                            • 4137

                            #343
                            Originally posted by myboynoah View Post

                            I agree. The times require this.
                            Danny Ainge incoming. Maybe Steve Young.

                            Comment

                            • BigFatMeanie
                              Senior Member
                              • Nov 2008
                              • 7114

                              #344
                              Originally posted by wally View Post

                              Danny Ainge incoming. Maybe Steve Young.
                              I’m willing to bet money that neither of them end up AD at BYU.

                              Comment

                              • Shaka
                                Senior Member
                                • Dec 2008
                                • 10449

                                #345
                                BYU needs to hire someone with some experience in athletic departments.

                                Comment

                                Working...