I'd become a Ute

Collapse
X
 
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts
  • taekwondave
    Junior Member
    • Feb 2011
    • 1160

    #1

    I'd become a Ute

    If BYU were to (and no, I don't think this will happen, but if it did) get rid of its athletic program this very minute, I would take a day to cry it out with my dad, and then I would go down to Fanzz and buy all the Ute stuff I could find. People become fans of different teams for different reasons. I tend to go with the teams I feel I have most in common with. After BYU, that is Utah.
  • YOhio
    Hipster Mode
    • Nov 2008
    • 26165

    #2
    Originally posted by taekwondave View Post
    I would take a day to cry it out with my dad, and then I would go down to Fanzz and buy all the Ute stuff I could find.
    Depending on the Fanzz store you go to it could be a very expensive trip.

    Comment

    • San Juan Sun
      Kicked to the curb
      • Dec 2009
      • 9214

      #3
      Originally posted by taekwondave View Post
      If BYU were to (and no, I don't think this will happen, but if it did) get rid of its athletic program this very minute, I would take a day to cry it out with my dad, and then I would go down to Fanzz and buy all the Ute stuff I could find. People become fans of different teams for different reasons. I tend to go with the teams I feel I have most in common with. After BYU, that is Utah.
      I'd go with another self-loathing, shoot-ourselves-in-the-foot program. If UNM keeps Locksley around, I might be a Lobo.

      Or a Miami Hurricane. Then I could legitimately throw up the U hand sign.
      "Sure, I fought. I had to fight all my life just to survive. They were all against me. Tried every dirty trick to cut me down, but I beat the bastards and left them in the ditch."

      - Ty Cobb

      Comment

      • Surfah
        Where's Wallace?
        • Nov 2008
        • 33726

        #4
        Originally posted by taekwondave View Post
        If BYU were to (and no, I don't think this will happen, but if it did) get rid of its athletic program this very minute, I would take a day to cry it out with my dad, and then I would go down to Fanzz and buy all the Ute stuff I could find. People become fans of different teams for different reasons. I tend to go with the teams I feel I have most in common with. After BYU, that is Utah.
        See ya.
        "Nobody listens to Turtle."
        -Turtle
        sigpic

        Comment

        • Devildog
          Motor Boatin' SOB
          • Oct 2010
          • 1239

          #5
          Originally posted by Surfah View Post
          See ya.
          Bullshiiiit.

          To quote from the SEC guy, "We don't want ya, so keep ya trash".

          Last edited by Devildog; 08-31-2011, 07:15 AM.
          "We should remember that one man is much the same as another, and that he is best who is trained in the severest school."
          -Thucydides

          "Study strategy over the years and achieve the spirit of the warrior. Today is victory over yourself of yesterday; tomorrow is your victory over lesser men."
          -Miyamoto Musashi

          Si vis pacem, para bellum

          Comment

          • taekwondave
            Junior Member
            • Feb 2011
            • 1160

            #6
            I'm sure that most BYU fans in the state of Utah would eventually do the same. If I moved elsewhere maybe not, but as long as I was in Utah, and Utah was the only major program (sorry USU), and UVU didn't buy LES and start their own program... yeah. Most BYU fans who are Utah residents would do the same eventually. Some of the older generation would try and resist as long as possible, but I think they'd soften up eventually. The dynamic is there is what I'm saying. Whereas, due to that same dynamic the reverse would not be true. Were the U to suddenly dump ITS athletic program, I see most Utah-based Ute fans finding USU or some other school to root for. The church thing just turns off too many non-LDS I think.

            Comment

            • TripletDaddy
              sweet triple
              • Nov 2008
              • 58186

              #7
              Originally posted by taekwondave View Post
              If BYU were to (and no, I don't think this will happen, but if it did) get rid of its athletic program this very minute, I would take a day to cry it out with my dad, and then I would go down to Fanzz and buy all the Ute stuff I could find. People become fans of different teams for different reasons. I tend to go with the teams I feel I have most in common with. After BYU, that is Utah.
              Instead of Fanzz, try Ute Zone off 106 and State, right across from the mall. They have a really good selection.
              Fitter. Happier. More Productive.

              sigpic

              Comment

              • DU Ute
                RIP CUF
                • Dec 2008
                • 7393

                #8
                You should beat the rush and come over now. They don't appreciate you like we will.
                "In conclusion, let me give a shout-out to dirty sex. What a great thing it is" - Northwestcoug
                "And you people wonder why you've had extermination orders issued against you." - landpoke
                "Can't . . . let . . . foolish statements . . . by . . . BYU fans . . . go . . . unanswered . . . ." - LA Ute

                Comment

                • YOhio
                  Hipster Mode
                  • Nov 2008
                  • 26165

                  #9
                  Originally posted by DU Ute View Post
                  You should beat the rush and come over now. They don't appreciate you like we will.
                  He's right. We don't appreciate you.

                  Comment

                  • Jarid in Cedar
                    CS Institutional Memory
                    • Jun 2009
                    • 13234

                    #10
                    Originally posted by TripletDaddy View Post
                    Instead of Fanzz, try Ute Zone off 106 and State, right across from the mall. They have a really good selection.
                    Yes they do. We will be making a brief stop tomorrow
                    "The first thing I learned upon becoming a head coach after fifteen years as an assistant was the enormous difference between making a suggestion and making a decision."

                    "They talk about the economy this year. Hey, my hairline is in recession, my waistline is in inflation. Altogether, I'm in a depression."

                    "I like to bike. I could beat Lance Armstrong, only because he couldn't pass me if he was behind me."

                    -Rick Majerus

                    Comment

                    • BemidjiCoug
                      Junior Member
                      • Jun 2011
                      • 466

                      #11
                      Originally posted by taekwondave View Post
                      If BYU were to (and no, I don't think this will happen, but if it did) get rid of its athletic program this very minute, I would take a day to cry it out with my dad, and then I would go down to Fanzz and buy all the Ute stuff I could find. People become fans of different teams for different reasons. I tend to go with the teams I feel I have most in common with. After BYU, that is Utah.
                      Snap out of it :slap: I think we need to have Max Hall give you a wake up call.

                      [YOUTUBE]uvLdPk-H94Y&feature[/YOUTUBE]

                      Comment

                      • Jeff Lebowski
                        Corporate lackey for Jesus
                        • Nov 2008
                        • 69703

                        #12
                        What a dumb thread. BYU is not dropping sports.
                        "There is no creature more arrogant than a self-righteous libertarian on the web, am I right? Those folks are just intolerable."
                        "It's no secret that the great American pastime is no longer baseball. Now it's sanctimony." -- Guy Periwinkle, The Nix.
                        "Juilliardk N I ibuprofen Hyu I U unhurt u" - creekster

                        Comment

                        • BemidjiCoug
                          Junior Member
                          • Jun 2011
                          • 466

                          #13
                          Originally posted by Jeff Lebowski View Post
                          What a dumb thread. BYU is not dropping sports.
                          This Thread The Dude

                          Comment

                          • U-Ute
                            Non member
                            • Aug 2009
                            • 2071

                            #14
                            Originally posted by Jeff Lebowski View Post
                            What a dumb thread. BYU is not dropping sports.
                            Playing in the WCC is all but dropping it.

                            Comment

                            • BemidjiCoug
                              Junior Member
                              • Jun 2011
                              • 466

                              #15
                              Originally posted by U-Ute View Post
                              Playing in the WCC is all but dropping it.
                              I'm pretty sure that the WCC and the PAC 12 have had the same number of teams in the tourney the last couple of years. Heck with BYU joining the WCC it will probably have more teams than the PAC in the tourney this year.

                              Comment

                              Working...