The Uniform Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The Uniform Thread

Instead of giving Crowton and Maryland their own thread I thought we could consolidate uniform discussion to one thread as a quick search revealed multiple threads.

Anyway, Maryland unveiled their new unis and they are fugly. They tried to go Oregon and failed miserably. Check out the turtle shell helmets.

http://www.washingtonpost.com/sports...J_gallery.html
    "Nobody listens to Turtle."
    -Turtle
    sigpic

Under Armour is ridiculous, but I do like the black helmet with the state flag stripe.

Comment

Why are the jerseys smiling?

Comment

and I thought Oregon had it bad.

I get what they were trying to do. Maryland's flag is unique in that it's based on the Calvert family's heraldic banner, but they took it too far, especially with the gold/yellow uniforms. It's almost as if they were trying to be more like the Redskins.
        Last edited by pellegrino; 08-23-2011, 08:23 AM.
        Dio perdona tante cose per un’opera di misericordia
        God forgives many things for an act of mercy
        Alessandro Manzoni

Knock it off. This board has enough problems without a dose of middle-age lechery.

pelagius

Comment

The white helmet with the "turtle print" is really awesome.

That said, the integration of yellow is bad; the shoulder design on the black jerseys is awful; and the piping on the sides of the jersey is dumb.
          "I don't know the origin of said bitch booming."-Art Vandelay
          "Hot Lunch posted awhile back on this. He knows more than anyone except for maybe BO."-Seattle Ute

Comment

Matte black helmets are bad ass, but the rest of that uniform is an abomination.
            Prepare to put mustard on those words, for you will soon be consuming them, along with this slice of humble pie that comes direct from the oven of shame set at gas mark “egg on your face”! -- Moss

There are three rules that I live by: never get less than twelve hours sleep; never play cards with a guy who has the same first name as a city; and never get involved with a woman with a tattoo of a dagger on her body. Now you stick to that, and everything else is cream cheese. --Coach Finstock

Comment

Good idea for the thread, Surfah.

BTW here's the uniforms UGA will wear against Boise:

http://www.nikeblog.com/2011/08/20/g...ombat-uniform/
              "I don't know the origin of said bitch booming."-Art Vandelay
              "Hot Lunch posted awhile back on this. He knows more than anyone except for maybe BO."-Seattle Ute

Comment

I really would have liked to have seen what Nike could have done for BYU if the rumors were true about Pro Combat Uniforms for the Cougs. I wouldn't be interested in seeing the jerseys in use more than once or twice every few years, but it would be cool to see.
                "To the man who only has a hammer, everything he encounters begins to look like a nail."
                —Abraham Maslow

Comment

Im seeing a trend amongst schools that are opting for all sorts of wild uni combos.

Hint: has something to do with the old saying, "Don't mess with tradition."
                  Fitter. Happier. More Productive.

sigpic

Comment

I agree with the others re: the Maryland helmets. I think they are pretty cool.

Comment

Originally posted by TripletDaddy View Post
                      Im seeing a trend amongst the schools that opt for all sorts of wild uni combos. Hint: has something to do with the old saying, "Don't mess with tradition."
                      I don't understand. They're totally messing their uniforms up. And besides, that's not even a real saying!

Comment

Originally posted by Babs View Post
                        I don't understand. They're totally messing....
                        exactly.
                        Fitter. Happier. More Productive.

sigpic

Comment

Neuheisel should be fired for taking the powder blue strips out of the away uniform and making them dark.

Comment

I think the Yellow jerseys are TIGHT!
                            If you don't like your job, you don't strike! You just go in every day, and do it really half assed. That's the American way. - Homer

Comment

Originally posted by Surfah View Post
                              Instead of giving Crowton and Maryland their own thread I thought we could consolidate uniform discussion to one thread as a quick search revealed multiple threads.

Anyway, Maryland unveiled their new unis and they are fugly. They tried to go Oregon and failed miserably. Check out the turtle shell helmets.

http://www.washingtonpost.com/sports...J_gallery.html
                              I think they did it pretty well. Both suck ass.

Comment

Working...
                              X