Student Section at Cougar Stadium still unresolved

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Student Section at Cougar Stadium still unresolved

Looks like they will still be spread out all over the place in 2011 with no solid plans for 2012 yet either.

http://www.heraldextra.com/sports/co...cc4c03286.html

Not sure why this is proving to be such a difficult task. Many (most?) other schools lump their students together into one section.

Since most here are no longer attending school, what is the take from an alum/higher priced ticket perspective? Where do you want the students to sit? Do you care?

The likely preferred choice by the admin is to put them in the end zone in the cheaper seats. I prefer sideline seating for the student section. I think it looks and sounds better than putting them in the end zone, esp since we don't play in a bowl and the corner end zones are that much further away from the action and the sidelines.

I would imagine most students don't want to be herded into the corner end zone because end zone seats are the worst in the house.

Also, an interesting look into the bureaucracy that goes into these decisions...there seems to be indecisiveness over what to do with the flagpoles at the top of the South end zone...should they fly BYU flags or opponent flags. Sheesh. No wonder nothing gets done over there.
    Fitter. Happier. More Productive.

sigpic

cougar stadium? why are you worried about a dirt field in crosby, tx?
    Te Occidere Possunt Sed Te Edere Non Possunt Nefas Est.

Comment

Originally posted by camleish View Post
      cougar stadium? why are you worried about a dirt field in crosby, tx?
      lol. that's super funny. you got me.
      Fitter. Happier. More Productive.

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by TripletDaddy View Post
        As junkie said, you just got triplet daddied. Taking it like a champ though.
        Get confident, stupid
        -landpoke

Comment

Originally posted by TripletDaddy View Post
          [YOUTUBE]Gn1_f1oHOSA[/youtube]
          Last edited by old_gregg; 08-04-2011, 09:34 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by camleish View Post
            [YOUTUBE]Gn1_f1oHOSA[/youtbe]
            FAIL.

Comment

give them the NE corner seats, predominantly in the endzone. make all students pay an activities fee of $40 a semester and give students free tickets to all athletic events with assigned seating for high demand events and general admission to all others.
              Dio perdona tante cose per un’opera di misericordia
              God forgives many things for an act of mercy
              Alessandro Manzoni

Knock it off. This board has enough problems without a dose of middle-age lechery.

pelagius

Comment

Originally posted by pellegrino View Post
                give them the NE corner seats, predominantly in the endzone. make all students pay an activities fee of $40 a semester and give students free tickets to all athletic events with assigned seating for high demand events and general admission to all others.
                Right next to the visiting section? Not sure that's a good idea.
                "Nobody listens to Turtle."
                -Turtle
                sigpic

Comment

Personally, I think it's pretty sorry for a school to relegate students to the endzones and corners.

Comment

Originally posted by Babs View Post
                    Personally, I think it's pretty sorry for a school to relegate students to the endzones and corners.
                    Why? Every school I've been to does that. Even now BYU has large swaths of student tickets in the endzones
                    Alessandro Manzoni

Knock it off. This board has enough problems without a dose of middle-age lechery.

pelagius

Comment

I agree. I think the students should sit on the sideline. They could put them on either the south or north sections of the east side between the endzone and the 30 yard line.
                      "Nobody listens to Turtle."
                      -Turtle
                      sigpic

Comment

Why? Every school I've been to does that.
                        Really? Interesting. Must be schools where there's not enough demand to fill the endzones otherwise.

Comment

Really? Interesting. Must be schools where there's not enough demand to fill the endzones otherwise.
                          um, no. At UNC they give students free tickets and prefer to charge for sideline seats. At Mizzou they charged students for tickets and preferred to charge more for sideline seats. Neither place had a problem with demand, even though UNC has been pretty bad since Mack left for UT.
                          Alessandro Manzoni

pelagius

Comment

um, no. At UNC they give students free tickets and prefer to charge for sideline seats. At Mizzou they charged students for tickets and preferred to charge more for sideline seats.
                            Right. That's my point. They can't sell the endzone seats, so they give them to the students at free or discounted rates. Schools like Oregon or Texas Tech are way overcapacity and can put the students on the sidelines, because the endzone seats will still sell to other fans.

Comment

Right. That's my point. They can't sell the endzone seats, so they give them to the students at free or discounted rates. Schools like Oregon or Texas Tech are way overcapacity and can put the students on the sidelines, because the endzone seats will still sell to other fans.
                              if there is demand for endzone seats, there is higher demand for sideline seats. providing tickets for seats that are in higher demand and which generate revenue at a vastly higher rate to heavily discounted buyers (students) does not make sense in any way. that is a weird point to make.

Comment

Working...
                              X