No announcement yet.

Student Section at Cougar Stadium still unresolved

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The best seats I had at the then Cougar Stadium were about halfway up at the south 40 yard line. They were great. I also went to a game at UNLV, we were right in front of the BYU cheerleaders. Awesome seats.

Originally posted by falafel View Post
    That same year I went to the Toad the Wet Sprocket concert at Abravenel Hall. I was a huge Toad fan at the time. It was general admission, so my friends and I showed up very early to get in line. When the doors opened, we ran to the front and got front row seats, right in the center.

Turns out those seats sucked. All I could hear all concert long was the center channel. And because I was on the front row, I was a basically standing underneath the band. I guess I didn't learn my lesson from the football game.
    What've you done with Peltier?
    "Yeah, but never trust a Ph.D who has an MBA as well. The PhD symbolizes intelligence and discipline. The MBA symbolizes lust for power." -- Katy Lied

Comment

Originally posted by wuapinmon View Post
      What've you done with Peltier?
      Who can say, really. Its a crazy life.
      Ain't it like most people, I'm no different. We love to talk on things we don't know about.

"The only one of us who is so significant that Jeff owes us something simply because he decided to grace us with his presence is falafel." -- All-American

GIVE 'EM HELL, BRIGHAM!

Comment

Originally posted by ERCougar View Post
        But you guys both spend most of your days on a sports message board.

I could be wrong here, and this could be colored by my time at BYU watching guys be more concerned about looking good for their dates than watching the game, but it seems like there are a large group of students who just want to get into the game and into the college atmosphere than watching the details of the game. Even for myself, my favorite memory was the A&M game in 96. We had ground level endzone seats, probably the worst in the stadium if you care about watching the game (except for watching KO catch the winning TD right in front of us), but we were in the middle of a bunch of other students, all painted up, and got on ESPN.
        I'm going to stop you right there for a second. The TAMU game has been mentioned twice already in a span of a few posts. This means we need to take a few minutes out of our busy day and watch sweet highlights of Kaipo McGuire, Sark, Omarr Morgan, and of course K.O.'s over the shoulder catch to seal the game. I advise everyone to watch this.

[YOUTUBE]gXYiLMnbosE[/YOUTUBE]
        Fitter. Happier. More Productive.

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by ERCougar View Post
          Can we all agree that the price of a sideline seat is higher than that of an endzone seat, no matter what the stadium?
          No. For the fourth time, some schools have uniform ticket prices. You pay $85 for forty yard line or $85 for upper deck end zone.

Comment

Originally posted by Babs View Post
            No. For the fourth time, some schools have uniform ticket prices. You pay $85 for forty yard line or $85 for upper deck end zone.
            Where?
            And what kind of waiting list/donor requirements are there to get the 40 yd line seats?
            At least the Big Ten went after a big-time addition in Nebraska; the Pac-10 wanted a game so badly, it added Utah
            -Berry Trammel, 12/3/10

Comment

Originally posted by TripletDaddy View Post
              I'm going to stop you right there for a second. The TAMU game has been mentioned twice already in a span of a few posts. This means we need to take a few minutes out of our busy day and watch sweet highlights of Kaipo McGuire, Sark, Omarr Morgan, and of course K.O.'s over the shoulder catch to seal the game. I advise everyone to watch this.

Thanks for the advice. I wasn't going to watch it, but I did based on the strength of your advisement.

Also, is it too late to burn every copy of the music track on that video?
              Ain't it like most people, I'm no different. We love to talk on things we don't know about.

"The only one of us who is so significant that Jeff owes us something simply because he decided to grace us with his presence is falafel." -- All-American

GIVE 'EM HELL, BRIGHAM!

Comment

Some schools sound stupid.

GIVE 'EM HELL, BRIGHAM!

Comment

i agree. i'm also very confused about what point babs is trying to make.
                  Te Occidere Possunt Sed Te Edere Non Possunt Nefas Est.

Comment

Thanks for the advice. I wasn't going to watch it, but I did based on the strength of your advisement.

Also, is it too late to burn every copy of the music track on that video?
                    Since it is digital it would be tough to burn the copies. I suppose you could make an attempt to set the hardware on fire.

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by camleish View Post
                      i agree. i'm also very confused about what point babs is trying to make.
                      I'm not making any point. Forget I said anything.

Good luck filling up your stadium next year. If moving the students doesn't help, I suppose you could always just let people in for free.

Comment

I'm not making any point. Forget I said anything.
                        This is good advice, guys.

sigpic

Comment

Good luck filling up your stadium next year. If moving the students doesn't help, I suppose you could always just let people in for free.
                          I wasn't aware we had problems filling up our stadium. Is this something we should be legitimately worried about?

GIVE 'EM HELL, BRIGHAM!

Comment

Only once did one of the marquee home games happen to coincide with great seats.....TAMU game (K.O.!).
                            :rockon1::rockon2::clap:

Comment

This is good advice, guys.

Comment

This is all very interesting. I think the thing that has surprised me is that end zone tickets are not as expensive as sideline tickets. Totally caught me by surprise.

Who is gonna start the thread on if tickets are more expensive closer to the field or higher in the stands?

Comment

Working...
                                X