why are people mad at Whit for trying to hire someone away? That is pretty normal in sports. Coaches move around. BYU fans should be worried when nobody wants to hire their staff away.
The Pac-12 participation thread.
Collapse
X
-
-
The cutest part about it is how everyone on the staff will be looking for another job after next year.Originally posted by Hot Lunch View PostA dumpster fire of a staff. Ha. I find it hilarious that BYU fans mock Utahs staff and Kyle coaching hires. You guys are cute.Will donate kidney for B12 membership.
Comment
-
By dumpster fire I think he means everyone getting a chance at OC along with the fact they might not be around next year if Kyle is fired.Originally posted by Hot Lunch View PostA dumpster fire of a staff. Ha. I find it hilarious that BYU fans mock Utahs staff and Kyle coaching hires. You guys are cute.
BYUs staff is not a lot better with regards to experience. But Anae, Tidwell, Kaufusi at least provide continuity.
2J was a solid hire along with Holliday.
Howell and Kpopp questionable for sure
Sent from my SPH-L710 using Tapatalk*Banned*
Comment
-
You aren't very kind. There is nothing cute about people losing their jobs. I can't believe how rude some of you can be.Originally posted by The_Douger View PostThe cutest part about it is how everyone on the staff will be looking for another job after next year."Take it to the Bank"
Comment
-
I don't put a lot of stock into the rumor, and here is my reasoning why.
As a WR coach, IMO, the jury is still out on Holliday. Heading into last season, this was supposed to be one of the deepest groups of WRs ever at BYU. When Hoffman was out, the group struggled. And when Mathews went down, BYU was also not very deep. One can argue talent v production, and I'm honestly not sure what the correct answer is, which is why I say as a coach, the jury is still out.
Where you can't argue is that Holliday is appearing to be an excellent recruiter. Taking the results on the field 100%, he is an asset to the BYU staff.
Now, having said that, would Utah want Holliday because he is a good recruiter and it would hurt BYU? Definitely. But if I'm Whit, my focus is on bringing people in to help me win in 2014. Because in my opinion, if he doesn't win at least six games, he's gone.
Comment
-
The OC situation at the U has been a dumpster fire. There is no argument against that.Originally posted by cougjunkie View PostBy dumpster fire I think he means everyone getting a chance at OC along with the fact they might not be around next year if Kyle is fired.
BYUs staff is not a lot better with regards to experience. But Anae, Tidwell, Kaufusi at least provide continuity.
2J was a solid hire along with Holliday.
Howell and Kpopp questionable for sure
Sent from my SPH-L710 using Tapatalk"Take it to the Bank"
Comment
-
Exactly.Originally posted by TripletDaddy View Postwhy are people mad at Whit for trying to hire someone away? That is pretty normal in sports. Coaches move around. BYU fans should be worried when nobody wants to hire their staff away.
Besides, there is probably nobody left at Wyoming for Whit to hire."There is no creature more arrogant than a self-righteous libertarian on the web, am I right? Those folks are just intolerable."
"It's no secret that the great American pastime is no longer baseball. Now it's sanctimony." -- Guy Periwinkle, The Nix.
"Juilliardk N I ibuprofen Hyu I U unhurt u" - creekster
Comment
-
It is funny to see that Utah lives rent free in your head.Originally posted by The_Douger View PostThe cutest part about it is how everyone on the staff will be looking for another job after next year."The first thing I learned upon becoming a head coach after fifteen years as an assistant was the enormous difference between making a suggestion and making a decision."
"They talk about the economy this year. Hey, my hairline is in recession, my waistline is in inflation. Altogether, I'm in a depression."
"I like to bike. I could beat Lance Armstrong, only because he couldn't pass me if he was behind me."
-Rick Majerus
Comment
-
It is crazy to even think that Whittingham would even be on the hot seat after all he has accomplished at Utah, but judging from the buzz around the program, maybe it's true.
Comment
-
What I don't understand is why the news about Max Hall being a candidate for the Utah QB coaching job isn't getting more attention.Originally posted by Hot Lunch View PostA dumpster fire of a staff. Ha. I find it hilarious that BYU fans mock Utahs staff and Kyle coaching hires. You guys are cute.Last edited by LA Ute; 02-08-2014, 01:23 PM.“There is a great deal of difference in believing something still, and believing it again.”
― W.H. Auden
"God made the angels to show His splendour - as He made animals for innocence and plants for their simplicity. But men and women He made to serve Him wittily, in the tangle of their minds."
-- Robert Bolt, A Man for All Seasons
"It is only with the heart that one can see rightly; what is essential is invisible to the eye."
--Antoine de Saint-Exupery
Comment
-
Crazy but much like BYU fans, Ute fans have unrealistic expectations. Whit is an a-hole and a fierce competitor. He has made questionable offensive coaching hires that, if he is fired, will have cost him his job. But he is one of the best defensive coaches in college football. What is undeniable though... he has owned BYU and enjoyed every minute of it.Originally posted by New Mexican Disaster View PostIt is crazy to even think that Whittingham would even be on the hot seat after all he has accomplished at Utah, but judging from the buzz around the program, maybe it's true.
Comment
-
All reasons I hope he's our DC next year. That and the fact he's a Cougar.Originally posted by USUC View PostCrazy but much like BYU fans, Ute fans have unrealistic expectations. Whit is an a-hole and a fierce competitor. He has made questionable offensive coaching hires that, if he is fired, will have cost him his job. But he is one of the best defensive coaches in college football. What is undeniable though... he has owned BYU and enjoyed every minute of it.So Russell...what do you love about music? To begin with, everything.
Comment
-
Don't get me wrong, I hope they fire him after next year. Whomever they get after is not likely to be as successful, although they have been a bit down the last two years.Originally posted by USUC View PostCrazy but much like BYU fans, Ute fans have unrealistic expectations. Whit is an a-hole and a fierce competitor. He has made questionable offensive coaching hires that, if he is fired, will have cost him his job. But he is one of the best defensive coaches in college football. What is undeniable though... he has owned BYU and enjoyed every minute of it.
Comment
Comment