• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Almost, but not quite.

http://www.pacifictakes.com/2012/9/6...2-network-dish

Comment

• Originally posted by U-Ute View Post
      Hey, I emailed them, called them, and tweeted at them. Now it's in Larry Scott's hands.
      “There is a great deal of difference in believing something still, and believing it again.”
      ― W.H. Auden

"God made the angels to show His splendour - as He made animals for innocence and plants for their simplicity. But men and women He made to serve Him wittily, in the tangle of their minds."
      -- Robert Bolt, A Man for All Seasons

"It is only with the heart that one can see rightly; what is essential is invisible to the eye."
      --Antoine de Saint-Exupery

Comment

• DONE DEAL!
        “There is a great deal of difference in believing something still, and believing it again.”
        ― W.H. Auden

"God made the angels to show His splendour - as He made animals for innocence and plants for their simplicity. But men and women He made to serve Him wittily, in the tangle of their minds."
        -- Robert Bolt, A Man for All Seasons

"It is only with the heart that one can see rightly; what is essential is invisible to the eye."
        --Antoine de Saint-Exupery

Comment

• Is anyone else getting the Channel yet (413) on Dish? Wondering if I don't get it or it just hasn't launched yet.

Comment

• Originally posted by LA Ute View Post
            Yeah and suck it dtv

DISH has beaten out Direct TV and reached a multi-year agreement to be the exclusive satellite provider for the Pac-12 Networks.
            No direct tv for multiple years. lol.

Comment

• Originally posted by Coach McGuirk View Post
              Yeah and suck it dtv

Damn. Might be time for me to switch.

Comment

• Originally posted by UtahDan View Post
                Damn. Might be time for me to switch.
                I want it, but having had dish, there is no way I would make the switch. Add in dish has no AMC and runs into three times as many contract issues as dtv, and it is an easy choice for me.

Comment

I want it, but having had dish, there is no way I would make the switch. Add in dish has no AMC and runs into three times as many contract issues as dtv, and it is an easy choice for me.
                  No AMC? Hmm, that's probably a deal breaker. I have actually been very happy with DTV. Tons of HD content, all the local stuff I want. This is the only real drawback. Actually, what i need is a friend with Dish.

Comment

Yeah and suck it dtv

The Duck message board is saying that it isn't exclusive it is exclusive in a sponsorship. I am not saying they know everything or that they are right, unless Dish paid far beyond premium I can't imagine Larry Scott being dumb enough to block out the bigger of the two sat providers, I hope not. I'm not switching from an A+ product to a C- product.
                    Get confident, stupid
                    -landpoke

Comment

• Originally posted by HuskyFreeNorthwest View Post
                      The Duck message board is saying that it isn't exclusive it is exclusive in a sponsorship. I am not saying they know everything or that they are right, unless Dish paid far beyond premium I can't imagine Larry Scott being dumb enough to block out the bigger of the two sat providers, I hope not. I'm not switching from an A+ product to a C- product.
                      The wording is definitely weird then as it should say the preffered satellite provider of the PAC 12, or proud sponsor.

Comment

• After looking at SCs schedule, the only game that I won't be able to see on national TV is the Kal game, so now I care much less than I did before. Although I will miss my fill of USC tennis, swimming, and track.

That being said, this is still a black eye for the network launch. Good news for dish subscribers, though.
                        Fitter. Happier. More Productive.

sigpic

Comment

• Found this as well,

Pac-12 Networks is available to all DISH customers as a free preview for a limited time. It is included in America’s Top 120+ package and above for customers in Pac-12 territory (which includes the six states with Pac-12 schools) and available nationwide in the Multi-Sport Pack for $9 per month.
                          No way it is exclusive and on the sport add on, right? I can't see that...

Comment

Found this as well,

No way it is exclusive and on the sport add on, right? I can't see that...
                            Per Wilner, Exclusivity is for sponsorship, not content
                            "The first thing I learned upon becoming a head coach after fifteen years as an assistant was the enormous difference between making a suggestion and making a decision."

"They talk about the economy this year. Hey, my hairline is in recession, my waistline is in inflation. Altogether, I'm in a depression."

"I like to bike. I could beat Lance Armstrong, only because he couldn't pass me if he was behind me."

-Rick Majerus

Comment

• Originally posted by Jarid in Cedar View Post
                              Per Wilner, Exclusivity is for sponsorship, not content
                              Reading Wilners tweets and I am now surprised that dish only picked up the national channel and not the regionals.

Comment

• Overflow channels for football and basketball games.

Comment

Working...
                                X