Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Robbie Bosco says he expects Ty Detmer to be BYUs next QB coach.......

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Robbie Bosco says he expects Ty Detmer to be BYUs next QB coach.......

he said this on the radio today should be interesting to see how everything plays out.
    *Banned*

Originally posted by cougjunkie View Post
    he said this on the radio today should be interesting to see how everything plays out.
    What station was he on?

Comment

Interesting if true. I had always thought that if Doman were to be the next OC, that he would maintain his duties as QB Coach. If that is true, it makes me wonder if Doman in fact will be back as the OC. If he is, I wonder what position he will coach. Receivers? He had a stint as a WR IIRC, and at times he played more like a RB than a QB, so maybe there.

Comment

Makes sense... Ty is doing some great things for the Crusaders.
        "If there is one thing I am, it's always right." -Ted Nugent.
        "I honestly believe saying someone is a smart lawyer is damning with faint praise. The smartest people become engineers and scientists." -SU.
        "Yet I still see wisdom in that which Uncle Ted posts." -creek.
        GIVE 'EM HELL, BRIGHAM!

Comment

Originally posted by Sizzle View Post
          Interesting if true. I had always thought that if Doman were to be the next OC, that he would maintain his duties as QB Coach. If that is true, it makes me wonder if Doman in fact will be back as the OC. If he is, I wonder what position he will coach. Receivers? He had a stint as a WR IIRC, and at times he played more like a RB than a QB, so maybe there.
          I think tight ends makes sense, as it's a hybrid between OL and WR, and he could possibly lean a bit on those position coaches, as well.
          If we disagree on something, it's because you're wrong.

"Somebody needs to kill my trial attorney." — Last words of George Harris, executed in Missouri on Sept. 13, 2000.

"Nothing is too good to be true, nothing is too good to last, nothing is too wonderful to happen." - Florence Scoville Shinn

Comment

Originally posted by Uncle Ted View Post
            Makes sense... Ty is doing some great things for the Crusaders.
            Sounds like he is already a great recruiter.
            *Banned*

Comment

I think Ty would be a very good QB coach.

On the subject of position coach, Reynolds is a better rb coach than he is a O-line coach but he played O-line and so do his sons. I don't think the coach needs to have played the position to understand the technique required. I wouldn't be surprised to see Brandon coach the TEs. He will have a great resource in Chad Lewis to assist him.

Comment

My brother who never reads the paper, never listens to talk radio and nevers reads an internet board, told me last night that Detmer was coming. I told him that was just rumor. He said some older people who live in his ward told him Detmer was coming and he said they are well connected to the program.

I told him they are probably well connected to CB and don't count on them really knowing what they are talking about at this point.

I told him if he really wants to know, he should call Holmoe and act like if he gets some inside infor., he might give them some more money.

Comment

So does this mean Heaps wouldn't be able to workout with him over the summer?
                  So Russell...what do you love about music? To begin with, everything.

Comment

I thought I read somewhere that Ty has a nephew who is a rising qb star in the Lone Star State. This would be a nephew from the Detmer side. This would mean that he is not, uhhhhhh yet, LDS. I thought I read where he was a junior this past year. That would mean a senior next year. A RS year Jake Heaps' junior year and then the primary back up/qb the second half of every game in October-November with BYU's sexy indy/wac schedule. Then he gets to start for 3 straight years, if of course our pussy fanbase doesn't run Ty off because Jake Heaps didn't lead BYU to a national championship and Ty picked his nephew when some superstar from Timpview was ya know...the kind of leader one wants to go to battle with. Or something like that.

To quote Jack Black..."me likey!"
                    Do Your Damnedest In An Ostentatious Manner All The Time!
                    -General George S. Patton

I'm choosing to mostly ignore your fatuity here and instead overwhelm you with so much data that you'll maybe, just maybe, realize that you have reams to read on this subject before you can contribute meaningfully to any conversation on this topic.
                    -DOCTOR Wuap

Comment

Sounds like he is already a great recruiter.
                      The Poly Pipeline is open!
                      "Nobody listens to Turtle."
                      -Turtle
                      sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Goatnapper'96 View Post
                        I thought I read somewhere that Ty has a nephew who is a rising qb star in the Lone Star State. This would be a nephew from the Detmer side. This would mean that he is not, uhhhhhh yet, LDS. I thought I read where he was a junior this past year. That would mean a senior next year. A RS year Jake Heaps' junior year and then the primary back up/qb the second half of every game in October-November with BYU's sexy indy/wac schedule. Then he gets to start for 3 straight years, if of course our pussy fanbase doesn't run Ty off because Jake Heaps didn't lead BYU to a national championship and Ty picked his nephew when some superstar from Timpview was ya know...the kind of leader one wants to go to battle with. Or something like that.

Unless Jake wins a NC and BYU makes tons and tons of money, I doubt a non-RM QB will be allowed at BYU for at least another 15 years.

Comment

Originally posted by Goatnapper'96 View Post
                          if of course our pussy fanbase doesn't run Ty off because Jake Heaps didn't lead BYU to a national championship and Ty picked his nephew when some superstar from Timpview was ya know...the kind of leader one wants to go to battle with. Or something like that.

I can't imagine our fanbase clamoring for a Timpview grad over a Detmer, even if the Detmer is not that good.

Comment

Originally posted by byu71 View Post
                            Unless Jake wins a NC and BYU makes tons and tons of money, I doubt a non-RM QB will be allowed at BYU for at least another 15 years.
                            To think in the middle of that we will discover another FYM with balls made of titanium and the brains to make sure he has every class with a less than academically inclined human freak so as to ensure that other FYM's academic, and of course spiritual, needs are being met.

Then we can pin all of our future coaching hopes on that FYM, as long as Dick Harmon does a touching article that points out 39 times that the FYM, one with titanium nuts not the human freak one, was a member of the Bishopric in his BYU ward.

I'm choosing to mostly ignore your fatuity here and instead overwhelm you with so much data that you'll maybe, just maybe, realize that you have reams to read on this subject before you can contribute meaningfully to any conversation on this topic.
                            -DOCTOR Wuap

Comment

Originally posted by Jacob View Post
                              I can't imagine our fanbase clamoring for a Timpview grad over a Detmer, even if the Detmer is not that good.
                              Our fanbase is full of pussies. They will clamor about something. Trust me, I have been to the doctor.

-DOCTOR Wuap

Comment

Working...
                              X