LDS recruits

Collapse
X
 
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts
  • jay santos
    Senior Member
    • Nov 2008
    • 13652

    #1

    LDS recruits

    The best metric IMHO for evaluating BYU's recruiting effort is to look at the portion of the top LDS that BYU reigned in.

    Can someone list the notable LDS recruits that signed with D1 schools? I know the high profile recruits, but it seems there were several 3 star types that committed early on to BCS schools or recruits that we didn't go hard after.
  • RockyBalboa
    Banned
    • Nov 2008
    • 2127

    #2
    Originally posted by jay santos View Post
    The best metric IMHO for evaluating BYU's recruiting effort is to look at the portion of the top LDS that BYU reigned in.

    Can someone list the notable LDS recruits that signed with D1 schools? I know the high profile recruits, but it seems there were several 3 star types that committed early on to BCS schools or recruits that we didn't go hard after.
    Who were the "several LDS 3 star types" that we didn't go hard after?
    Last edited by RockyBalboa; 02-10-2009, 11:25 AM.

    Comment

    • jay santos
      Senior Member
      • Nov 2008
      • 13652

      #3
      Originally posted by RockyBalboa View Post
      Who were the "several LDS 3 star types" that we didn't go hard after?

      I don't know. That's why I'm asking. I recall there were a few linemen types that signed at other schools that weren't high on our wish list. Maybe I'm confusing it with past years.

      Comment

      • Indy Coug
        Heartless Bastard
        • Dec 2008
        • 18747

        #4
        Seriously, is there some fantasy you hold on to that BYU should be able to land any LDS athlete they target if they are simply willing to work hard enough to get them?
        Everything in life is an approximation.

        http://twitter.com/CougarStats

        Comment

        • BlueHair
          Boom Bitches!!!
          • Nov 2008
          • 2894

          #5
          Originally posted by Indy Coug View Post
          Seriously, is there some fantasy you hold on to that BYU should be able to land any LDS athlete they target if they are simply willing to work hard enough to get them?
          I have this fantasy. It's filed in my mind somewhere between a midget threesome and a swimming pool full of coca-cola.
          Just try it once. One beer or one cigarette or one porno movie won't hurt. - Dallin H. Oaks

          Comment

          • jay santos
            Senior Member
            • Nov 2008
            • 13652

            #6
            Originally posted by Indy Coug View Post
            Seriously, is there some fantasy you hold on to that BYU should be able to land any LDS athlete they target if they are simply willing to work hard enough to get them?

            I believe a great metric for BYU to evaluate how well they're doing in recruiting is take the following:

            portion of total 3,4,5 star (as rated by any of the services) LDS high school athletes we get

            Do you disagree that's a valuable metric?

            Once we have the metric we can haggle over what value should be expected or interpret the results of a trend over time if one exists.

            Comment

            Working...