Underachieving college FB programs

Collapse
X
 
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts
  • Indy Coug
    Heartless Bastard
    • Dec 2008
    • 18747

    #31
    Originally posted by nikuman View Post
    Vile fans though (I went to a few games when I lived there).
    It's between NYC and Philly. What did you expect?
    Everything in life is an approximation.

    http://twitter.com/CougarStats

    Comment

    • Pheidippides
      Liberal Feminazi
      • Nov 2008
      • 14759

      #32
      Originally posted by Indy Coug View Post
      It's between NYC and Philly. What did you expect?
      I expected vile fans. And I got them.
      Awesomeness now has a name. Let me introduce myself.

      Comment

      • Indy Coug
        Heartless Bastard
        • Dec 2008
        • 18747

        #33
        Originally posted by nikuman View Post
        I expected vile fans. And I got them.
        .
        Everything in life is an approximation.

        http://twitter.com/CougarStats

        Comment

        • Hot Lunch
          Out of Office
          • Nov 2008
          • 7842

          #34
          Originally posted by cougjunkie View Post
          I also look at natural recruiting base when I think of underachieving teams. If you are in Florida and Texas and you do not compete year in and year out you are underachieving.

          TAMU not only sucks at building bonfires but they suck at football as well.
          Rutgers has a very fertile recruiting land but they really lack tradition and have never done much other than the Ray Rice years.
          South Carolina always solid, never elite. See also Clemson.
          UCLA
          I almost put Rutgers in my list as well. Jersey is the second best recruiting state in the northeast next to Pennsylvania. I am not sure how they aren't a decent team.
          "Take it to the Bank"

          Comment

          • Indy Coug
            Heartless Bastard
            • Dec 2008
            • 18747

            #35
            Originally posted by Hot Lunch View Post
            I almost put Rutgers in my list as well. Jersey is the second best recruiting state in the northeast next to Pennsylvania. I am not sure how they aren't a decent team.
            I think part of it is that Penn State and the NFL teams just crowd it out of the public consciousness.
            Everything in life is an approximation.

            http://twitter.com/CougarStats

            Comment

            • Hot Lunch
              Out of Office
              • Nov 2008
              • 7842

              #36
              Originally posted by Indy Coug View Post
              I think part of it is that Penn State and the NFL teams just crowd it out of the public consciousness.
              Yeah you are right, I am sure Penn St. owns that territory. I handled that area for awhile at work and when I would talk some sports with my clients in Jersey they all talked about Penn St. being their team.
              "Take it to the Bank"

              Comment

              • CJF
                Senior Member
                • Nov 2008
                • 8497

                #37
                Originally posted by nikuman View Post
                I was going to say rutgers too. Home of the first ever football game, great recruiting area. Vile fans though (I went to a few games when I lived there).
                I love going to RU games and I really hope BYU works out a Home and Home with them. But you're right. Fans out of control. Thousands and thousands of really drunk Jersey kids is not a winning situation.
                A man who views the world the same at fifty as he did at twenty has wasted thirty years of his life. - Mohammad Ali

                Comment

                • Indy Coug
                  Heartless Bastard
                  • Dec 2008
                  • 18747

                  #38
                  Originally posted by CJF View Post
                  I love going to RU games and I really hope BYU works out a Home and Home with them. But you're right. Fans out of control. Thousands and thousands of really drunk Jersey kids is not a winning situation.
                  Rutgers is the closest D-1A team to where I live, so that would be nice.
                  Everything in life is an approximation.

                  http://twitter.com/CougarStats

                  Comment

                  • RC Vikings
                    Known Heterosexual
                    • Nov 2008
                    • 8789

                    #39
                    Originally posted by Hot Lunch View Post
                    I almost put Rutgers in my list as well. Jersey is the second best recruiting state in the northeast next to Pennsylvania. I am not sure how they aren't a decent team.
                    Have you ever seen "The Jersey Shore".

                    Comment

                    • Blueintheface
                      Senior Member
                      • Sep 2009
                      • 15382

                      #40
                      Originally posted by CJF View Post
                      I love going to RU games and I really hope BYU works out a Home and Home with them. But you're right. Fans out of control. Thousands and thousands of really drunk Jersey kids is not a winning situation.
                      Isn't that area (outside of PA that is) just a horrible area for high school football? This is what I keep hearing but I can't believe that. With the population density it would seem that more kids would come out of that area or at least stay in the area to make local schools better.
                      "Either evolution or intelligent design can account for the athlete, but neither can account for the sports fan." - Robert Brault

                      "Once I seen the trades go down and the other guys signed elsewhere," he said, "I knew it was my time now." - Derrick Favors

                      Comment

                      • beelzebabette
                        Golf & Cubs Disrespecter
                        • Nov 2008
                        • 2907

                        #41
                        Originally posted by RC Vikings View Post
                        Have you ever seen "The Jersey Shore".
                        I've seen "Sister Wives." Hmmm, rethinking BYU's performance problems.

                        Comment

                        • Hot Lunch
                          Out of Office
                          • Nov 2008
                          • 7842

                          #42
                          Originally posted by RC Vikings View Post
                          Have you ever seen "The Jersey Shore".
                          Nope. I have seen pictures of the people on it but I have never watched an episode.
                          "Take it to the Bank"

                          Comment

                          • Art Vandelay
                            Striving for mediocrity
                            • Jul 2009
                            • 10516

                            #43
                            NJ is more of a recruting base than NY, NY doesn't produce as many NFLers as some might suspect. I would say for the population size of NY metro it isn't as big of recruiting base as most people assume. As would be expected NY and NJ are near the top of the list for NBA players.

                            Without looking who knows the sole NBA player born in Utah?

                            Comment

                            • RC Vikings
                              Known Heterosexual
                              • Nov 2008
                              • 8789

                              #44
                              Originally posted by Art Vandelay View Post
                              Without looking who knows the sole NBA player born in Utah?
                              Kevin Love?

                              Comment

                              • Bastage
                                Junior Member
                                • Jan 2010
                                • 298

                                #45
                                Originally posted by Art Vandelay View Post
                                Without looking who knows the sole NBA player born in Utah?
                                Fesenko?

                                Comment

                                Working...