John Ursua.......

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• John Ursua.......

Anyone know if this kid who plays quarterback at Westlake high school out in Saratoga springs is on anyones radar?

I think he is to small to play qb (5'9 185) but as an athlete he seems to have the skills to play D-1.

His numbers on the year:

Passing: 57-114 1115 yards, 59% comp. 17 tds and 5 ints
    Rushing: 49 carries 575 yards 11.7 ypc, 10 tds.

Westlake has been blowing people out until they ran in to Timpview last week.
    *Banned*

Originally posted by cougjunkie View Post
    Anyone know if this kid who plays quarterback at Westlake high school out in Saratoga springs is on anyones radar?

I think he is to small to play qb (5'9 185) but as an athlete he seems to have the skills to play D-1.

His numbers on the year:

Passing: 57-114 1115 yards, 59% comp. 17 tds and 5 ints
    Rushing: 49 carries 575 yards 11.7 ypc, 10 tds.

Westlake has been blowing people out until they ran in to Timpview last week.
    I know Utah has offered him as a WR. I don't know about others.
    "The first thing I learned upon becoming a head coach after fifteen years as an assistant was the enormous difference between making a suggestion and making a decision."

"They talk about the economy this year. Hey, my hairline is in recession, my waistline is in inflation. Altogether, I'm in a depression."

"I like to bike. I could beat Lance Armstrong, only because he couldn't pass me if he was behind me."

-Rick Majerus

Comment

Originally posted by Jarid in Cedar View Post
      I know Utah has offered him as a WR. I don't know about others.
      They have that is good to hear. He is only a junior I think he is going to be pretty good.

Other Ute recruiting news: Travis Still had 4 tds against Springville the other night. On the year he has 26 receptions for 392 yards and 9tds in a run first offense.

Also Harvey Langi has 72 carries for 781 yards and 12 tds on the year.
      PJ Inoke is another kid from Spanish Fork getting some interest he has 95 carries for 785 yards and 10tds.
      *Banned*

Comment

They have that is good to hear. He is only a junior I think he is going to be pretty good.

Other Ute recruiting news: Travis Still had 4 tds against Springville the other night. On the year he has 26 receptions for 392 yards and 9tds in a run first offense.

PJ Inoke is another kid from Spanish Fork getting some interest he has 95 carries for 785 yards and 10tds.
        Any word on where Harvey is leaning?

Comment

Langi is a wet dream that I keep hoping will come true, but he feels like this year's version of Ricky Hemuli or Xavier Su'a Filo
          "The first thing I learned upon becoming a head coach after fifteen years as an assistant was the enormous difference between making a suggestion and making a decision."

"They talk about the economy this year. Hey, my hairline is in recession, my waistline is in inflation. Altogether, I'm in a depression."

"I like to bike. I could beat Lance Armstrong, only because he couldn't pass me if he was behind me."

-Rick Majerus

Comment

Originally posted by scottie View Post
            Any word on where Harvey is leaning?
            I believe his top 5 are Stanford, BYU, Utah, UCLA and Washington. In that order.
            *Banned*

Comment

I'm not sure if Teau Satuala from Bountiful is on the radar at all, but I think he has walk on potential at linebacker. He's probably a little small at this point (~6' 1" 195), but he's got some real athletic ability.
              Te Occidere Possunt Sed Te Edere Non Possunt Nefas Est.

Comment

I believe his top 5 are Stanford, BYU, Utah, UCLA and Washington. In that order.
                The Langis live in our ward boundaries. They normally attend a Poly ward somewhere, but about a year ago they were asked by someone to start attending our ward, which they did for about 6 months (they're back attending the Poly ward as I understand it). During their stint of attending our ward, Harvey's mom bore her testimony during F&T mtg and it was really nice. She talked about sitting in Bronco's office with Harvey and how Bronco really emphasized the priority of the church in what he does as the coach and in what he expects from the players. That impressed Harvey's mom; she didn't say whether it impressed Harvey or not. Walking out of the chapel that day I overheard some overzealous 50-something BYU fan ask her, "So, where's Harvey going? To BYU, right?" with a wink-wink and an awkward laugh; she just shrugged.

Tyler Haws' grandparents (Marty's side) are also in our ward.

Comment

cj, I appreciate your information in this thread.

Is it your understanding that Langi has an offer from BYU? Last I heard, he no longer held an offer from BYU.

Any truth to that?

Comment

Originally posted by Jarid in Cedar View Post
                    Langi is a wet dream that I keep hoping will come true, but he feels like this year's version of Ricky Hemuli or Xavier Su'a Filo
                    Ricky and Xavier simply wanted to play in the PAC10.

I don't know a lot of backstory on those two, but I wonder if they were being recruited today if they still leave the state.

Hard to argue with Ricky's decision. Oregon is probably the best team in the country this year. They are always good and will challenge for the PAC10/12 championship for years to come.

I look forward to SuaFilo getting his ass kicked by the Utes in the next couple of years.

Comment

Originally posted by Portland Ute View Post
                      cj, I appreciate your information in this thread.

Is it your understanding that Langi has an offer from BYU? Last I heard, he no longer held an offer from BYU.

Any truth to that?
                      I have heard that rumor as well. But I am not 100% sure if it is true or not. I can not imagine any reason why BYU would feel the need to pull an offer from the states best prospect. But Bronco has had a few recruiting blunders in the past so who knows.
                      *Banned*

Comment

I have heard that rumor as well. But I am not 100% sure if it is true or not. I can not imagine any reason why BYU would feel the need to pull an offer from the states best prospect. But Bronco has had a few recruiting blunders in the past so who knows.
                        I hope we told Harvey that he could be 9th string RB if he picks BYU, but 1st string a capella group!
                        Get confident, stupid
                        -landpoke

Comment

All of the good players must have gone to Westlake when they split with Lehi. Just got back from the Timpview/Lehi game. It is 49-0 at halftime. I think Lehi got two first downs in the entire half.

I wish I could have seen the Timpview/Westlake game. I would like to see that Ursua kid.

Christian Covey is have a great year as the Timpview QB. Has some of the same size issues as Ursua, but the kid is very good. Zero incompletions tonight and made some amazing passes on the run.
                          "There is no creature more arrogant than a self-righteous libertarian on the web, am I right? Those folks are just intolerable."
                          "It's no secret that the great American pastime is no longer baseball. Now it's sanctimony." -- Guy Periwinkle, The Nix.
                          "Juilliardk N I ibuprofen Hyu I U unhurt u" - creekster

Comment

Originally posted by Jeff Lebowski View Post
                            All of the good players must have gone to Westlake when they split with Lehi. Just got back from the Timpview/Lehi game. It is 49-0 at halftime. I think Lehi got two first downs in the entire half.

I wish I could have seen the Timpview/Westlake game. I would like to see that Ursua kid.

Christian Covey is have a great year as the Timpview QB. Has some of the same size issues as Ursua, but the kid is very good. Zero incompletions tonight and made some amazing passes on the run.
                            Covey should come to BYU and run the option.
                            Give 'em Hell, Cougars!!!

For all this His anger is not turned away, but His hand is stretched out still.

Not long ago an obituary appeared in the Salt Lake Tribune that said the recently departed had "died doing what he enjoyed most—watching BYU lose."

Comment

Ursua is very very good. He is one of the best high school QB's I've ever seen running the spread. He can ran and throw. CJ is right though, he's a little short to be a college QB. I think he could play receiver or halfback in college. It's no wonder Utah has offered as they like to go after speed and athleticism and then figure out how to use it. I'm pretty sure he's on BYU's radar as an athlete guy.

For the record Westlake played Timpview very tough through the end of the third quarter and let it slip away. I'm hoping they meet again at RES.

I've heard Harvey has some issues related to a certain herb and the result is BYU has lost a lot of interest. This is just speculation and by no means should be taken as a fact. I've watched Harvey play since he was a kid and he has always dominated. However, there is part of me that thinks that he may not turn into a dominate college back. I had the same feeling about Shakerin.

Comment

Working...
                              X