BCS Rankings 2010 thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• BCS Rankings 2010 thread

If this speculation is right would you be ready for some controversy?
    http://bcscentral.info/blog/?p=2500
    Get confident, stupid
    -landpoke

Originally posted by HuskyFreeNorthwest View Post
    If this speculation is right would you be ready for some controversy?
    http://bcscentral.info/blog/?p=2500
    It will be very interesting. Next Sunday at 8:15 EST will be fun. Brad Edwards of ESPN does his projections and they're similar to the ones in that blog. 2-5 are all within .2 points. But Boise is up by .5 point. That seems pretty significant.
    "Nobody listens to Turtle."
    -Turtle
    sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Surfah View Post
      It will be very interesting. Next Sunday at 8:15 EST will be fun. Brad Edwards of ESPN does his projections and they're similar to the ones in that blog. 2-5 are all within .2 points. But Boise is up by .5 point. That seems pretty significant.
      If those are accurate and TCU and Utah keep winning and then TCU beats Utah, would they/could they jump Oregon in the computers with a win over a then top 10 BCS team?
      "They're good. They've always been good" - David Shaw.

Well, because he thought it was good sport. Because some men aren't looking for anything logical, like money. They can't be bought, bullied, reasoned, or negotiated with. Some men just want to watch the world burn.

Comment

Originally posted by DrumNFeather View Post
        If those are accurate and TCU and Utah keep winning and then TCU beats Utah, would they/could they jump Oregon in the computers with a win over a then top 10 BCS team?
        I don't know. In Edwards' projections the 2-5 were bunched much tighter. So possibly, but I think TCU will get jumped before the end of the year is over.
        "Nobody listens to Turtle."
        -Turtle
        sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by DrumNFeather View Post
          TCU is going to still be in the Top 10 after losing to BYU next week?
          Get confident, stupid
          -landpoke

Comment

TCU is going to still be in the Top 10 after losing to BYU next week?
            I forgot to factor that in...

Well, because he thought it was good sport. Because some men aren't looking for anything logical, like money. They can't be bought, bullied, reasoned, or negotiated with. Some men just want to watch the world burn.

Comment

Speaking of BCS bowls, this commercial sponsor thing is really out of hand.

Presenting the "Fight Hunger" Bowl.

Comment

ESPN talks about ti. Nice to see BSU get the props they deserve and hush the weak argument of their schedule (Being ranked #1 in BCS standings)... Although the ESPN talking heads didn't give them props..

[ame="http://sports.espn.go.com/ncf/news/story?id=5673225"]BCS projections: Boise State, Oregon in top spots, No. 1 Ohio State fifth - ESPN[/ame]

Comment

Sagrin ELO http://www.usatoday.com/sports/sagarin/fbt10.htm

Oklahoma
                  Oregon
                  Michigan State
                  Auburn
                  Stanford
                  Boise
                  TCU
                  LSU
                  Missouri
                  Wisconsin
                  Get confident, stupid
                  -landpoke

Comment

Why exactly does the Big East have an auto bid without Miami? They rank behind both the MWC and WAC in Sagrin's conf rankings. Also nice to see BYU will be moving to a better conf by joining I-A INDEPENDENTS.

http://www.usatoday.com/sports/sagarin/fbc10.htm
                    Get confident, stupid
                    -landpoke

Comment

Official rankings out:

1) Oklahoma
                      2) Oregon
                      3) Boise St.
                      4) Auburn
                      5) TCU
                      6) LSU
                      7) Michigan St.
                      8) Alabama
                      9) Utah
                      10) Ohio St.

Comment

Question for the BCS rules experts on the board.

I know that you have to be a conference champion to go to the BCS title game. I do not believe this scenario will happen but let's say that Auburn wins out and secures the #1 spot in the BCS rankings. Then every other team, Oregon, TCU, BSU, Stanford all lose. At that point 11-1 LSU rises to #2 in the final BCS ranking. Who would go to the championship game? The #3 team in the BCS ranking?

This scenario could also be applied possibly to Oregon/Stanford or Ohio State/Wisconsin or Nebraska/Oklahoma or Okie State if November 2010 were like November 2007 where every week features huge upsets.
                        Get confident, stupid
                        -landpoke

Comment

Question for the BCS rules experts on the board.

I know that you have to be a conference champion to go to the BCS title game. I do not believe this scenario will happen but let's say that Auburn wins out and secures the #1 spot in the BCS rankings. Then every other team, Oregon, TCU, BSU, Stanford all lose. At that point 11-1 LSU rises to #2 in the final BCS ranking. Who would go to the championship game? The #3 team in the BCS ranking?

This scenario could also be applied possibly to Oregon/Stanford or Ohio State/Wisconsin or Nebraska/Oklahoma or Okie State if November 2010 were like November 2007 where every week features huge upsets.
                          Is this technically true? I didnt think it was.
                          Fitter. Happier. More Productive.

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by TripletDaddy View Post
                            Is this technically true? I didnt think it was.
                            That rule was placed after Nebraska made the title game after losing to K-State in the B-12 Championship game. Eric Crouch's senior year IIRC it was 2002?
                            "The first thing I learned upon becoming a head coach after fifteen years as an assistant was the enormous difference between making a suggestion and making a decision."

"They talk about the economy this year. Hey, my hairline is in recession, my waistline is in inflation. Altogether, I'm in a depression."

"I like to bike. I could beat Lance Armstrong, only because he couldn't pass me if he was behind me."

-Rick Majerus

Comment

TCU really distanced themselves from Boise St. This week

http://espn.go.com/college-football/bcs
                              "The first thing I learned upon becoming a head coach after fifteen years as an assistant was the enormous difference between making a suggestion and making a decision."

"They talk about the economy this year. Hey, my hairline is in recession, my waistline is in inflation. Altogether, I'm in a depression."

"I like to bike. I could beat Lance Armstrong, only because he couldn't pass me if he was behind me."

-Rick Majerus

Comment

Working...
                              X